Sky TV packages

Pongotastic

Hi Kingman,

Had a new Sky install on October 31st 2015 so called them on Monday night to cancel and was told that the earliest I can cancel is Friday 7th (I am not going to argue about a week but thought it a little strange. The girl is going to have a look at the offers available on Friday and give me a call on Saturday to discuss whats available. I assume that she wont be able to get near a 60% off with a £100 credit.........

2 hours ago, Kingman said:

How long you had the box, how longs left on the contract, whats the fault your experiencing? 

Had the box about a year and a half but it's terrible, constantly freezes and doesn't turn on for long periods. Not too sure re contract. 

No signal message every now and then. Sky forums seem to think it's an LNB fault on the dish. 

6 hours ago, mykeyb said:

Hi Kingman,

Had a new Sky install on October 31st 2015 so called them on Monday night to cancel and was told that the earliest I can cancel is Friday 7th (I am not going to argue about a week but thought it a little strange. The girl is going to have a look at the offers available on Friday and give me a call on Saturday to discuss whats available. I assume that she wont be able to get near a 60% off with a £100 credit.........

Yeah strange one with the dates maybe there is confliction with the install date and activation date? but they usually correspond. 

Wouldn't hurt to see what they got to say offer wise but if its not 60% off TV package and £50-£100 credit tell them you are in a rush to save the faff and activate your cancellation date.

When activated simply just use the chat link and follow the letter on the previous pages mate. 

Let us know how you get on or if you need and further help.

7 hours ago, West said:

Had the box about a year and a half but it's terrible, constantly freezes and doesn't turn on for long periods. Not too sure re contract. 

No signal message every now and then. Sky forums seem to think it's an LNB fault on the dish. 

Could be intermittent LNB fault or possible dish alignment, Its very common for storms to interfere with dishes and a very slight offset would miss the satellite by hundreds of miles. 

Trouble is being on the basic package dont give you a lot of bargaining power especially if your in mid-contract but it doesn't mean you should give up the chase,

Explain your situation and historical loyalty, Ask for help even add times are hard with short time at work, run up to christmas etc it all adds up and it will take an hard nosed advisor to back heel your previous loyalty.

Failing the above you could check a few things in your settings via network connections for signal strength/quality. If its out a basic satellite meter/finder is around £10 from B&Q and very simple to locate. If its LNB its still a simple fix but for £60 sky fee against your time for possible day of work to wait, + parts and time it may be worth it? 

Let us know how you get on pal.

Edited by Kingman

28 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Could be intermittent LNB fault or possible dish alignment, Its very common for storms to interfere with dishes and a very slight offset would miss the satellite by hundreds of miles. 

Trouble is being on the basic package dont give you a lot of bargaining power especially if your in mid-contract but it doesn't mean you should give up the chase,

Explain your situation and historical loyalty, Ask for help even add times are hard with short time at work, run up to christmas etc it all adds up and it will take an hard nosed advisor to back heel your previous loyalty.

Fail the above you could check a few things in your settings via network connections for signal strength/quality. If its out a basic satellite meter/finder is around £10 from B&Q and very simple to locate. If its LNB its still a simple fix but for £60 sky fee against your time for possible day of work to wait, + parts and time it may be with it? 

Let us know how you get on pal.

Cheers buddy, will give it a shot.

Cancelled Sky TV yesterday. Just went online and he offered 50% off and no credit. Brought overall bill to £65 which was more than I was paying before, maybe BB phone line prices have gone up. 

Didnt take the deal as I'm happy to bide my time. Really wish the government would make this yearly farce illegal though it is royally annoying, a massive piss take and huge waste of time. 

Kingman do I need to cancel BB and phone before I contact Sky to get improvement on those deals? 

Also online chat guy said to try calling as they have different deals they can offer. Worth trying or do online guys generally get best offers?

23 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Cancelled Sky TV yesterday. Just went online and he offered 50% off and no credit. Brought overall bill to £65 which was more than I was paying before, maybe BB phone line prices have gone up. 

Didnt take the deal as I'm happy to bide my time. Really wish the government would make this yearly farce illegal though it is royally annoying, a massive piss take and huge waste of time. 

Kingman do I need to cancel BB and phone before I contact Sky to get improvement on those deals? 

Also online chat guy said to try calling as they have different deals they can offer. Worth trying or do online guys generally get best offers?

Now you have cancelled...

Go on to live chat with this link https://secure.sky.com/mysky-extras/coming-back-to-sky and...  Tell them You have received a flyer about coming back to sky for 60% off your subscription package and £100 credit. so would like to take up the offer that been sent. 

For Free Broadband use this link https://contactus.sky.com/uk/sky-broadband/cancel-sky-broadband say you've been offered free BB unlimited for 12 months and 50% off line rental. Line rental percentages do vary so just depends how its played.

You can get free BB yourself by logging into My Sky, Select view package, select cancel BB & Talk, then select BT and offered better price, Sometimes it try £2.50 but most times its free. 

You still need the BB link to do Line rental discounts as they can't be applied manually like you can default the system with free BB.

Edited by Kingman

8 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Now you have cancelled...

Go on to live chat with this link https://secure.sky.com/mysky-extras/coming-back-to-sky and...  Tell them You have received a flyer about coming back to sky for 60% off your subscription package and £100 credit. so would like to take up the offer that been sent. 

For Free Broadband use this link https://contactus.sky.com/uk/sky-broadband/cancel-sky-broadband say you've been offered free BB unlimited for 12 months and 50% off line rental. Line rental percentages do vary so just depends how its played.

You can get free BB yourself by logging into My Sky, Select view package, select cancel BB & Talk, then select BT and offered better price, Sometimes it try £2.50 but most times its free. 

You still need the BB link to do Line rental discounts as they can't be applied manually like you can default the system with free BB.

I tried this twice yesterday as I've cancelled my Sky TV package recently and I was offered 50% off for 12 months (on a rolling contract). They wouldn't budge and certainly weren't willing to offer 60% off and £100 credit. When I tried to press the offer, they simply said "well, whats the offer code on your leaflet then?"

10 minutes ago, jones1328 said:

I tried this twice yesterday as I've cancelled my Sky TV package recently and I was offered 50% off for 12 months (on a rolling contract). They wouldn't budge and certainly weren't willing to offer 60% off and £100 credit. When I tried to press the offer, they simply said "well, whats the offer code on your leaflet then?"

There is no offer code, Just Tell them You have received a flyer about coming back to sky for 60% off your subscription package and £100 credit. so would like to take up the offer thats been sent to you. https://secure.sky.com/mysky-extras/coming-back-to-sky 

As others have shown above yesterday they got 60% off and £50 credit. Use that link and try again, Remember polite persistence pays ;) 

Dont panic as it will come eventually, May not be the first chats but you will get it.

Edited by Kingman

6 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Yeah same as guy above only 50% and no credit. Will try again and as I said happy to bide my time. 

Yeah it will come as long as you follow it to the letter.

4 hours ago, mykeyb said:

Just tried online chat and the best the could offer was 50% discount. They offered me Sky Q with Movies and Sports and an extra box for £49.00 and £60 for the box.

I will try again in a couple of days

Check your offers in the online account and also check the offers in the Sky services App to see if you have the 60%. 

TBH The £49 offer for the full Sky Q package and a multiroom box is a fair offer. Some early adopters are paying double that and in an 18 month contract. 

If no joy with chat and you want more call the win back team and say you got the flyer with credit. Don't mention Q as they will not give you credit. 

Get the % off and credit added then upgrade to Q separately.

Edited by Kingman

3 hours ago, Davkaus said:

It blows my mind that people pay £100 a month for TV, and still have to put up with adverts, even if it's fast forwarding through them. **** that.

Same. I guess its the sport which bumps the price. I'll stick to netflix and Now TV

4 hours ago, Davkaus said:

It blows my mind that people pay £100 a month for TV, and still have to put up with adverts, even if it's fast forwarding through them. **** that.

This.

I have now got rid of the landline phone as it's dead money for something I never use, and I don't have TV. Just internet. With which I download all the good shows and watch them when I want, with no ads.

And I'm with Virgin, not them arseholes at Sky

11 hours ago, mykeyb said:

Which way round is it best to go.

Accept 50% discount and then try to reduce the broadband or the other way round

Mirror this and see how you get on. 

I tried again today knowing that I had screenshots of my rolling contract on 50% off and reasonably happy with that. I was trying to get a good deal on Sky Q on top. Nothing more was offered so I asked to be put on to the broadband cancellations team. Having waited over an hour for live chat, I phoned and said I would be cancelling broadband too unless they could offer a good deal in total.

She said that she could see what she could do on TV. I said I had a deal but would be interested to see what she could do. She went away and came back with an offer of 67% off TV - £80 down to £26.40. I nearly fell off my chair! She then said 50% (£10) for fibre broadband with the standard £17.40 for line rental and £8 for calls. I was very happy with that and asked about Sky Q. If I paid the £12 p.m. for multiscreen I wouldn't be paying for Sky Go Extra at £5 so a net increase of £7. £60 for the 2TB box installation and can have a Mini for £30 if I want one but I don't think I need one.

I'm still not sure why she offered 67% as even the 60% deal seemed to have finished but I'm pleased she did. Thanks very much to everyone for all their help on this thread. 

http://www.hotukdeals.com/misc/75-off-sky-tv-for-existing-customers-only-works-when-call-specific-number-3-weeks-1741671?page=95#comments 

Edited by Kingman

Â