Sky TV packages

Pongotastic

12 hours ago, rjw63 said:

This.

I have now got rid of the landline phone as it's dead money for something I never use, and I don't have TV. Just internet. With which I download all the good shows and watch them when I want, with no ads.

And I'm with Virgin, not them arseholes at Sky

Its a good job that some people actually pay money to Sky or those good shows you download wont get made.

17 hours ago, Kingman said:

Check your offers in the online account and also check the offers in the Sky services App to see if you have the 60%. 

TBH The £49 offer for the full Sky Q package and a multiroom box is a fair offer. Some early adopters are paying double that and in an 18 month contract. 

If no joy with chat and you want more call the win back team and say you got the flyer with credit. Don't mention Q as they will not give you credit. 

Get the % off and credit added then upgrade to Q separately.

Still showing as 50% on the service app and nothing of interest on the offers page in my account.

I might give the broadband team a call before the end of the week.

9 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

Still showing as 50% on the service app and nothing of interest on the offers page in my account.

I might give the broadband team a call before the end of the week.

See last post over the page!

Edited by Kingman

Up to 60% off deal is live on MSE.com and needs to be ordered by 21 October.

Either:

The Complete bundle (incl sports and movies), 1TB Sky Q box – £30/mth + £15 set-up (norm £80/mth + £15 set-up)

Or

The Complete bundle (incl sports and movies), 2TB Sky Q box + watch in 2nd room – £42/mth + £60 set-up (norm £92/mth + £60 set-up)

Both on 12 month contracts

Hit the link up to see the Ts&Cs and get your code 

Did something similar few months ago for mine just changed lead account holder to missus name and canceled existing contract in my name even kept the existing bank details. 

This gives you the code so worth a punt to see if will accept the address if your out of contract and considering Sky Q.

Edited by Kingman
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

It must work on your address as I tried doing it my wifes name and it said you already have an active account..........bugger

I suppose technically the account is still active if you are in the 31 day cancelation period. 

Offer ends next Friday if you fall within it?

5 minutes ago, villaglint said:

I went for 60% off TV no credit unfortunately and free broadband and few trimmings on phone line. 

Tried 3 times and that was the best deal for me.

All in it £5 less than I was paying with the deals for last year. 

Nice, Upgrade to Sky Q then now and carry the 60% discount over ;)

On the offers it said I could have SkyQ for an extra £12pm but I'm not all that bothered about it to be honest. Only benefit I could see was being able to record more stuff at once and having more storage but neither are particular issues for us. 

Much appreciate your help though Kingman! You are a star!

23 hours ago, mykeyb said:

It must work on your address as I tried doing it my wifes name and it said you already have an active account..........bugger

Heard folk have been getting the code from that site and instead of using the link to create a new account in partners name they have been using live chat to use the code... Worth a try pal...

Edited by Kingman

19 hours ago, Kingman said:

Up to 60% off deal is live on MSE.com and needs to be ordered by 21 October.

Either:

The Complete bundle (incl sports and movies), 1TB Sky Q box – £30/mth + £15 set-up (norm £80/mth + £15 set-up)

Or

The Complete bundle (incl sports and movies), 2TB Sky Q box + watch in 2nd room – £42/mth + £60 set-up (norm £92/mth + £60 set-up)

Both on 12 month contracts

Hit the link up to see the Ts&Cs and get your code 

Did something similar few months ago for mine just changed lead account holder to missus name and canceled existing contract in my name even kept the existing bank details. 

This gives you the code so worth a punt to see if will accept the address if your out of contract and considering Sky Q.

thanks for posting this. i move house in about a month and had decided to just move my BT over to new address... but this post has made me think. Do you folks who have sky pay for BT sports and if so how much do you charge? 

this offer posted above is quite fair. 30 v 80 a month? i'd need broadband and line rental as well. will go on broadband choices later but this post has made me think twice. cheers.

9 minutes ago, villaglint said:

On the offers it said I could have SkyQ for an extra £12pm but I'm not all that bothered about it to be honest. Only benefit I could see was being able to record more stuff at once and having more storage but neither are particular issues for us. 

Much appreciate your help though Kingman! You are a star!

I thought it was £12 if you take the 2TB with a second multi room box?.. Though just one 1TB box was charged as per agreed install fee mate?

19 hours ago, Midfielder said:

thanks for posting this. i move house in about a month and had decided to just move my BT over to new address... but this post has made me think. Do you folks who have sky pay for BT sports and if so how much do you charge? 

this offer posted above is quite fair. 30 v 80 a month? i'd need broadband and line rental as well. will go on broadband choices later but this post has made me think twice. cheers.

I pay £6pm for BT HD through the sky platform as i have BT infinity, Should be another £6pm for HD but I done a deal with sport free for first 3 months free and HD free for 12 months. 

I wouldn't worry too much about BB as deals are 10 a penny mate. 

Would do a postcode check first though on your new place if it's the speed you need over a couple of quid.

Edited by Kingman

already done the postcode check matey, cant get Virgin... which brings me to a straight decision on BT v Sky.

At present all i do is the BT version of freeview i think its called Youview (doesnt have monthly cost anyway) that gives me BT Sports. plus i have NOWTV only for sky sports. well, i did until two weeks ago anyway, cancelled it ready to move thinking i'd be moving sooner. anyway yes so my requirements arent for any entertainment package or movies, however the deal you posted is tempting. otherwise a package that gives

broadband, sky sports, bt sports and thats it... id snap that up! i dont even phone out off a landline. but anyway yeah cheers fella. Knowing it costs £6 pm for BT sports as a non BT customer, doesnt put me off at all, I'd happily pay that . 

Â