Sky TV packages

Pongotastic

3 hours ago, Kingman said:

I'm back in the country tomorrow so will post up a few links. Only using phone so can't link properly without possible rule breaking. 

Thanks mate. Update - I had a call back from the executive support team. They said they will see if they can get an earlier date. I said it was more about the way it has been handled and I want Sky to make good on their poor service. She said they can only make good will gestures like the £30 tesco voucher. I'll push harder when she calls next week with a new date.

On 7 September 2016 at 23:47, omariqy said:

Thanks guys. I am already on 50% off deal so wasnt sure if I would get anything on top to be honest.

I got sick of this kind of BS with Sky and move to BT. Sadly I encountered a few installation issues with BT as well (all networks have the same issue with this) but it is a lot cheaper, I get BT sports and only miss out on Sky Atlantic.

56 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I got sick of this kind of BS with Sky and move to BT. Sadly I encountered a few installation issues with BT as well (all networks have the same issue with this) but it is a lot cheaper, I get BT sports and only miss out on Sky Atlantic.

Is it cheaper though? With the 50% offer they currently have don't think you can get much cheaper. 

2 hours ago, PompeyVillan said:

£12 extra a month for Sky Q. Im tempted. 

Thats for basic package,

Best offer available ATM If you want a 2Tb box, additional mini box, multi room, sport, movies, HD, all for £35/month and £10 install, all on a 12 month contract.

Gents, please give the Full package details with subscription costs if you have been offered a deal and i can advise you of current best before you commit. 

Ie, Best offer available ATM If you want a 2Tb box, additional mini box, multi room, sport, movies, HD, all for £35/month and £10 install, all on a 12 month contract. 

Edited by Kingman

On 9 September 2016 at 21:54, omariqy said:

Thanks mate. Update - I had a call back from the executive support team. They said they will see if they can get an earlier date. I said it was more about the way it has been handled and I want Sky to make good on their poor service. She said they can only make good will gestures like the £30 tesco voucher. I'll push harder when she calls next week with a new date.

Still working on it dude...

On 9 September 2016 at 19:40, blandy said:

I know it's a bit more fiddly, but just copy and paste the url and copy and paste an extract - there's no compulsion to shorten links, Kingman. The site guidelines don't demand ow't fancy.

Thanks Pete but I'm not the most tech savvy as you've probably guessed, 

Ive had a few gentle nudges of late so don't wanna tempt fate. 

4 hours ago, Kingman said:

Thats for basic package,

Best offer available ATM If you want a 2Tb box, additional mini box, multi room, sport, movies, HD, all for £35/month and £10 install, all on a 12 month contract.

Is that on their website Kingman?

I'm a current subscriber and already a few months into a 12 month contract.

• 3 weeks later...

Calling @Kingman I'm just out of my last 12 month dealy and Sky have pushed the £94 up my brown pain hole.

At the mo I get Sports, Kids stuff, Sky Atlantic etc plus phone and broadband and was paying about £50 all in. 

Be looking for a similar package but would get Sky Q if it didn't cost any extra.

Any ideas what the best deal I can push for is at the moment? Assume I'll need to cancel the contract first.

18 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Calling @Kingman I'm just out of my last 12 month dealy and Sky have pushed the £94 up my brown pain hole.

At the mo I get Sports, Kids stuff, Sky Atlantic etc plus phone and broadband and was paying about £50 all in. 

Be looking for a similar package but would get Sky Q if it didn't cost any extra.

Any ideas what the best deal I can push for is at the moment? Assume I'll need to cancel the contract first.

From previous page. (Cancel TV for now) BB and line rental are technically different departments but no harm in asking, (Also easier to negotiate) it just depends on if your advisor can be arsed to do both (TV & BB) 

Step 1, Just requires a single phone call to cancel your subscription so your 31 day cancelation period gets activated on your account. Its very unlikely they will offer you 50/60% off until you activated the 31 day notice, so to save wasting your time on 20/30% offers just tell them you are in a rush and cancel it straight away. 

Step 2, Go on to live chat with this link https://secure.sky.com/mysky-extras/coming-back-to-sky and tell them you have received a flyer about coming back to sky for 60% off your subscription package and £100 credit. 

(Next Step) You've got the 50-60% off and £100 credit, More and more have landed the 60% off over the last month or so. (Account credit amounts are varying so just depends what you want to push for) £50/£100 

Once you have done this you can login to mysky and upgrade to Sky Q and carry over the % discounts. 

If you want the UHD Pack you will need the 2TB Box with a multi-room box otherwise you will get a 1TB Box and no UHD.

Follow the above to the letter and you won't go wrong. 

Let us know how you get on or if you need any further help pal

Edited by Kingman

7 minutes ago, Kingman said:

From previous page. (Cancel TV for now) BB and line rental are technically different departments but no harm in asking, (Also easier to negotiate) it just depends on if your advisor can be arsed to do both (TV & BB) 

Step 1, Just requires a single phone call to cancel your subscription so your 31 day cancelation period gets activated on your account. Its very unlikely they will offer you 50/60% off until you activated the 31 day notice, so to save wasting your time on 20/30% offers just tell them you are in a rush and cancel it straight away. 

Step 2, Go on to live chat with this link https://secure.sky.com/mysky-extras/coming-back-to-sky and tell them you have received a flyer for 60% off your subscription package and £100 credit. 

(Next Step) You've tried the 60% off and £100 credit, More and more have landed the 60% off over the last month or so. (Account credit amounts are varying so just depends what you want to push for) £50/£100 

Once you have done this you can login to you sky and upgrade to Sky Q and carry over the % discounts. 

If you want UHD Pack will need the 2TB Box with a multi-room box otherwise you will get a 1TB Box and no UHD.

Follow the above to the letter and you won't go wrong. 

Let us know how you get on or if you need any further help pal

You are a legend thanks. Is it free to upgrade to SkyQ? I don't have a UHD TV so guess no point getting the UHD pack 

1 minute ago, villaglint said:

You are a legend thanks. Is it free to upgrade to SkyQ? I don't have a UHD TV so guess no point getting the UHD pack 

Technically it could work out free if you can get 50-60% discount added on to your account before hand. 

Failing that its from about 12 quid pending your chosen package. 

Fair enough on UHD but just be mindful of your storage needs ref 1TB or 2TB if you record or store a lot of TV.

37 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Ok I just saw on the Sky Q thread it was some codes going around which made it free but looks like those have expired now

I May be able to get more codes but they are for new customers only, They have tightened up on this of late with the address. 

I Used one for myself just changed the leading account name, even the bank details remained the same but apparently they have to search by address now. 

From what I've heard though they are trying to scrap it as is having a big effect on the renting markets if previous tenants had sky installed it conflicts with new tenant customer offers as the system defaults the address. 

PS If you want to try PM me your name and email. 

Full Sky Q package with 2TB box and a mini multi-room box for £35 a month rather than something like £92. Box sets, UHD, Cinema and Sports etc all included - 12 month contract. 

Cant guarantee any left or will work if existing customer . 

Edited by Kingman

1 hour ago, omariqy said:

If you are an existing customer in a 12 month deal is there any way to get sky Q on the cheap? I subscribe to sports etc and have multiroom.

Sure, Try this Contact us | Sky.com failing that login to my sky and see whats in your offers/upgrades section. 

Heard various experiences from folk being quoted £10 install fee to £200 install so you might have to dig deep with the advisor. 

If you have any existing HD deals i.e. half price sports/movies this can now be transferred over to Sky Q. You may be offered the switch for around £12pm but just need to haggle over the install fee. You can always push for account credit if the install fee is at the top end as this will come off future bills. 

1, see whats in your offers in my sky account, also download the sky services app and see whats in there as the offers do vary for some strange reason even though its the same account. 

2, If you have a spare hour use the live chat as they tend to be more relaxed with offers. 

3, Failing the above call 0208 242 0250 say you was offered 2TB Sky Q Silver with one Mini, free installation and 30% off for 12 months on chat but lost connection so could they please help you out with it ;)

Remember, Polite persistence pays, If you don't like the first offer of the rep then try again later, they might just be having a bad day. 

Let us know how you get on pal. 

Edited by Kingman
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, omariqy said:

If you are an existing customer in a 12 month deal is there any way to get sky Q on the cheap? I subscribe to sports etc and have multiroom.

Just heard one two folk called to inquire about getting Sky Q upgraded over the weekend and got deals for 2TB Sky Q silver, a multi screen box with box sets, sports & cinema for £41.60 a month & £60 up front install fee. 

Might be New October offers about now pal so keep digging away with another adviser if you don't like there first offer.

Edited by Kingman

Â