Sky TV packages

Pongotastic

1 hour ago, Kingman said:

Just heard one two folk called to inquire about getting Sky Q upgraded over the weekend and got deals for 2TB Sky Q silver, a multi screen box with box sets, sports & cinema for £41.60 a month & £60 up front install fee. 

Might be New October offers about now pal so keep digging away with another adviser if you don't like there first offer.

Perfect thanks mate.

• Like 1

Cheers for the updated info @Kingman, just come to the end of my obligated 2 years of sky sports (the free BB offer was "just about" worth it :P) - I'll be sitting down with a large cup of coffee in front of live chat this evening to see what's available before I cancel the TV package.

7 minutes ago, CardiffGreens said:

Cheers for the updated info @Kingman, just come to the end of my obligated 2 years of sky sports (the free BB offer was "just about" worth it :P) - I'll be sitting down with a large cup of coffee in front of live chat this evening to see what's available before I cancel the TV package.

If you are happy with Sky HD follow the below to the letter and you will get unto £100 credit and 60% off. 

If you want to upgrade to Sky Q still follow the below so all incentives are applied to your HD account then call back the next day and and have offers carried over to Sky Q. 

You may find you will get a deal with Q already but you may miss out on up to £100 credited to your account.

From previous page. (Cancel TV for now) BB and line rental are technically different departments but no harm in asking for Free BB and half price line rental, (Also easier to negotiate) it just depends on if your advisor can be arsed to do both (TV & BB) 

Step 1, Just requires a single phone call to cancel your subscription so your 31 day cancelation period gets activated on your account. Its very unlikely they will offer you 50/60% off until you activated the 31 day notice, so to save wasting your time on 20/30% offers just tell them you are in a rush and cancel it straight away. 

Step 2, Go on to live chat with this link https://secure.sky.com/mysky-extras/coming-back-to-sky and tell them you have received a flyer about coming back to sky for 60% off your subscription package and £100 credit. 

(Next Step) You've got the 50-60% off and £100 credit, More and more have landed the 60% off over the last month or so. (Account credit amounts are varying so just depends what you want to push for) £50/£100 

Once you have done this you can login to mysky and upgrade to Sky Q and carry over the % discounts. 

If you want the UHD Pack you will need the 2TB Box with a multi-room box otherwise you will get a 1TB Box and no UHD.

Follow the above to the letter and you won't go wrong. 

Let us know how you get on or if you need any further help pal

• Like 1

So I currently pay £53 for HD, Sports, Family and standard Broadband. 

I'm interested in getting Sky Q what's the best deal I could get? Do you need to have Fibre to get UHD like you do with BT? 

Edited by villarule123

Are you still within initial 12 month contract?  

If so Try this Contact us | Sky.com failing that login to my sky and see whats in your offers/upgrades section. 

Heard various experiences from folk being quoted £10 install fee to £200 install so you might have to dig deep with the advisor. 

If you have any existing HD deals i.e. half price sports/movies this can now be transferred over to Sky Q. You may be offered the switch for around £12pm but just need to haggle over the install fee. You can always push for account credit if the install fee is at the top end as this will come off future bills. 

1, see whats in your offers in my sky account, also download the sky services app and see whats in there as the offers do vary for some strange reason even though its the same account. 

2, If you have a spare hour use the live chat as they tend to be more relaxed with offers. 

3, Failing the above call 0208 242 0250 say you was offered 2TB Sky Q Silver with one Mini, free installation and 50% off for 12 months on chat but lost connection so could they please help you out with it ;)

Remember, Polite persistence pays, If you don't like the first offer of the rep then try again later, they might just be having a bad day. 

If Not in contract Try This...

From previous page. (Cancel TV for now) BB and line rental are technically different departments but no harm in asking, (Also easier to negotiate) it just depends on if your advisor can be arsed to do both (TV & BB) 

Step 1, Just requires a single phone call to cancel your subscription so your 31 day cancelation period gets activated on your account. Its very unlikely they will offer you 50/60% off until you activated the 31 day notice, so to save wasting your time on 20/30% offers just tell them you are in a rush and cancel it straight away. 

Step 2, Go on to live chat with this link https://secure.sky.com/mysky-extras/coming-back-to-sky and tell them you have received a flyer about coming back to sky for 60% off your subscription package and £100 credit. 

(Next Step) You've got the 50-60% off and £100 credit, More and more have landed the 60% off over the last month or so. (Account credit amounts are varying so just depends what you want to push for) £50/£100 

Once you have done this you can login to mysky and upgrade to Sky Q and carry over the % discounts. 

If you want the UHD Pack you will need the 2TB Box with a multi-room box otherwise you will get a 1TB Box and no UHD.

Let us know how you get on or if you need any further help pal.  

Ps You don't need fibre or infinity speed as live shows are broadcast through the dish and not streamed like BT UHD, every thing else is i.e. movies/documentaries are downloaded via demand. Obviously the quicker the speed the quicker you can download and watch them but will have no picture or sound quality impacts like a buffering youtube clip.

Edited by Kingman

1 minute ago, villarule123 said:

I have no contract

If Not in contract Try This...

From previous page. (Cancel TV for now) BB and line rental are technically different departments but no harm in asking, (Also easier to negotiate) it just depends on if your advisor can be arsed to do both (TV & BB) 

Let us know how you get on or if you need any further help pal.  

Ps You don't need fibre or infinity speed as live shows are broadcast through the dish and not streamed like BT UHD, every thing else is i.e. movies/documentaries are downloaded via demand. Obviously the quicker the speed the quicker you can download and watch them but will have no picture or sound quality impacts like a buffering youtube clip.

• Like 1

Forgot to say, I took up a 50% off, £50 credit offer 2 months ago. It has no contract. 

Just logged into my Sky account and I'd have to pay £90 for the 2TB box with a mini box included. Is that normal? Didn't see anything about an installation fee? Would I need it to be set up for me? 

2 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

Forgot to say, I took up a 50% off, £50 credit offer 2 months ago. It has no contract. 

Just logged into my Sky account and I'd have to pay £90 for the 2TB box with a mini box included. Is that normal? Didn't see anything about an installation fee? Would I need it to be set up for me? 

Dose is say £90pm or £90 set up? 

If you took up a 50% offer 2 months ago then this can be applied to Sky Q. They may try a £12 multi room fee but try your luck and negotiate. 

Install fees are very random, If your vey luck free but on average anywhere between £10-£200 install quotes. 

Also worth checking in the sky services app as offers can vary for some reason even though its the same account. 

Once in the app just click My offers.

5 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

OK, so I've just looked again and the two boxes are showing as free but with a £60 and £30 installation fee. 

Is the £60 for Silver 2TB Box and £30 for the 1TB box? Or one Silver with one Mini multi room?

3 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

The full quote with Sky Q on my account is £65 from £53, with £90 one off fee to install the 2 boxes. The 2 boxes show as free. 

Yeah makes sense now, your existing 50% HD deal of £53 has been carried over and as thought a £12 multi room fee added making it £65. 

I would be looking to negotiate on the £90 install so give them a call and see what you can do to bring it down. 

Not sure why the boxes are shown as free because you never own the box outright like the previous HD boxes they are all rented like Virgin Tivo boxes. 

Go on chat or give them a call, You are half way there with existing 50% just need to haggle with multi room and installation fees. 

2 hours ago, Kingman said:

so to save wasting your time on 20/30% offers just tell them you are in a rush and cancel it straight away. 

Let us know how you get on or if you need any further help pal

Curses to my compulsion to listen to other people endless talk - that's 20minutes of my life gone!  Silly question - do I need to wait a couple of days in order to do "step 2" and fire up the live chat?

1 minute ago, CardiffGreens said:

Curses to my compulsion to listen to other people endless talk - that's 20minutes of my life gone!  Silly question - do I need to wait a couple of days in order to do "step 2" and fire up the live chat?

Have you now activated your cancelation date?

1 minute ago, CardiffGreens said:

Yeah, just had my email through confirming the end date for my TV package.

Cool, 

Before you do that have a quick look in the sky service app and see whats in there now. 

Thanks, there's a 50% offer in there now - I was curious whether I needed to wait in case I open a live chat with "I've just had a flyer through" and they see a cancellation from 20 minutes ago and tell me to jog on :P

6 minutes ago, CardiffGreens said:

Thanks, there's a 50% offer in there now - I was curious whether I needed to wait in case I open a live chat with "I've just had a flyer through" and they see a cancellation from 20 minutes ago and tell me to jog on :P

Cool, But we don't want to give you that :D 

Use that link now and tell them you have received a flyer about coming back to sky for 60% off your subscription package and £100 credit. 

Also say it offerers Half price HD Pack and Multi room (if you want it). 

Stick to the letter, Be polite and persistent, If they don't play ball quit the chat without being rude as it stores previous and start another one. 

Edited by Kingman
  • Like 1

Â