Sky TV packages

Pongotastic

7 hours ago, AlwaysAVFC said:

Is that as a new customer?

Our BT broadband contract is up soon which the mrs has been paying slightly more than that just for the boradband and line rental.

Best BB and Line rental offers around for new and existing customers some with up to £175 cash back 

Just click on the chosen service provider 

https://www.cable.co.uk 

Edited by Kingman
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, mykeyb said:

Sky need to standardise what they offer to customers on both online and phone agents give out rather than the lottery it has at the moment.

It will never happen mate, If they do that then they will lose out on millions, Take the guy at work for example he had been paying approx £120pm for years until i got him the 60% off last week so he and millions of others would still be paying that now.

If it wasn't for folk seeing threads like this most folk would be paying Sky's full asking price.

Edited by Kingman

Managed to get an additional 10% so 60% on a rolling contract. Wouldn't budge on account credit though said the offer had expired.

Now going to try and get the £90 Q install fee down.

• Like 1

On 27 October 2016 at 12:52, jim said:

Managed to get an additional 10% so 60% on a rolling contract. Wouldn't budge on account credit though said the offer had expired.

Now going to try and get the £90 Q install fee down.

Hearing Lots of people getting the 60% off again now without having to revisit, Appears they went through a 2/3 week stubborn patch and also reducing account credit as got wise to folk using it to cover install fees when upgrading to Q.

If you do get Sky Q the 2TB box will give you more features/benefits than the 1TB box mate not just more storage space.

Edited by Kingman
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Kingman said:

Hearing Lots of people getting the 60% off again now without having to revisit, Appears they went through a 2/3 week stubborn patch and also reducing account credit as got wise to folk using it to cover install fees when upgrading to Q.

If you do get Sky Q the 2TB box will give you more features/benefits than the 1TB box mate not just more storage space.

Yep went for the 2tb box plus a mini. My powers of pursuasion weren't good enough to get any more of the installation so I had to stump up £90 which isn't too bad. Apperantly the installation prices are account specific as I told my friend about my deal and he checked on line and his cost was £199 plus £99 for a mini.

10 hours ago, jim said:

Yep went for the 2tb box plus a mini. My powers of pursuasion weren't good enough to get any more of the installation so I had to stump up £90 which isn't too bad. Apperantly the installation prices are account specific as I told my friend about my deal and he checked on line and his cost was £199 plus £99 for a mini.

Usually it's folk that have a existing multiroom subscription that get quotes of £199. If he has multiroom tell him to cancel it then he will get Q and a mini for a lower rate. 

Strange but true, you would think folk who have had a multiroom subscriptions would get it cheaper as they have been paying more monthly than non multiroom customers.

3 hours ago, Kingman said:

Usually it's folk that have a existing multiroom subscription that get quotes of £199. If he has multiroom tell him to cancel it then he will get Q and a mini for a lower rate. 

Strange but true, you would think folk who have had a multiroom subscriptions would get it cheaper as they have been paying more monthly than non multiroom customers.

Correct, he has the same package as me but he has multiroom.

Bizarre move from sky in that case, maybe it is because they would be getting roughly the same monthly fee from multi room customers when you take into account the extra £12 they are getting from me for the Sky q sub?

2 minutes ago, jim said:

Correct, he has the same package as me but he has multiroom.

Bizarre move from sky in that case, maybe it is because they would be getting roughly the same monthly fee from multi room customers when you take into account the extra £12 they are getting from me for the Sky q sub?

Sure is, Just tell him to cancel his multiroom subscription and then apply for Sky Q and he will get it at a lower install rate pal. 

BT Sport through Sky box, Free for 6 months then £21 after. 

Watch BT Sport on Sky Digital Satelite Platform. Your BT Sport will usually be activated within 15 minutes. As a bonus you will also get access to AMC in HD, the US network behind Mad Men, Breaking Bad and the highly anticipated Fear the Walking Dead. 

http://www.broadband.bt.com/BTSportOnSkyDeal?s_cid=con_email_Ogilvy_021116_4962_ACQ-InfinityBAU&sceid=Header&dclid=CPqP7fHPitACFS-C7QodCXAKFw 

New customers can get the full package for £30 a month (£42 a month with Multiroom). Including £25 pre-paid Mastercard or tesco/M&S Gift Card. 

Full package includes complete with box set, movies and sports. 

1tb Box - £15 set up
2tb Box - £60 set up

First mini box free, each additional box is £99

To take up this offer CLICK HERE to generate an offer code

Then CLICK HERE to redeem the code on the sky website and take up this offer. 

New customers only but some people cancel their package and sign up again using their partners name, which seems to work.

Sky Black Friday is back on Monday 21 November and this year it’s better than ever. 

Be sure to come back then when we’ll reveal our unmissable customer offers.

Can't wait until Black Friday? Check out your current offers

Sky Black Friday - Customer 

Edited by Kingman

On 16 November 2016 at 19:45, Kingman said:

75% off and £100 credit  if you have left sky in the last 12 months and still have existing box. 

https://www.sky.com/ 

https://secure.sky.com/mysky-comeback/index?DCMP=ilc-Sky.com-ec-SSWB-mysky-gnav 

If anyones interested in the above i can confirm that once you reinstated Sky HD, you can immediately call up for the Sky Q upgrade and get the discounts transferred over and get the 2TB silver box plus additional mini and installation for 100.00 - Thus cancelled out by the account credit for the first offer of re-activating the subscription. 

https://secure.sky.com/mysky-comeback/index?DCMP=ilc-Sky.com-ec-SSWB-mysky-gnav 

Having a bit of a think about what to do at the moment. I left Sky just over a year ago and went to BT. I decided I didn't want anything to do with Murdoch and Sky hadn't really done anything proactive to keep me as a customer so it's a bit late to offer me stuff when I'm trying to cancel. Had been a customer for about 10 years before that.

Now my BT subscription is over a year old and I can cancel without any penalty I'm seeing if it's worth putting my morals to one side and being ignorant of who I'm paying my money to.

I only ever watch Netflix and Amazon Prime. I don't really watch live TV any more so all of the extra channels on Sky bundles wouldn't interest me.

I've got BT Infinity 2 which I need for my job so I definitely couldn't downgrade to Sky broadband.

BT are doing the Ultra HD 1TB YouView box for a £49 one off payment, then the full 4k HD package for £14 a month. The line rental is £18.99 and the internet is £25.

I'm assuming the prices for Sky are without line rental? 

Also, with the Sky Q, they don't seem to have Amazon or Netflix players. Is that right?

So as far as I can see at the moment, even with the big discounts, it's still way more expensive than BT, the equipment doesn't have Prime or Netflix apps, and you're supporting Murdoch and Newscorp.

Am I missing something? Why would anyone want to go with Sky? 

Â