Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

Man... I dont look old but he looks about 10.

Quoted one minute ago from a peterborough fan.

'New breaking of villa singing @dwightgayle would **** love that!'

Also seen another one say it would be class if they got 4mil for him. The lads on TalkSport are saying he will be better than gabby though...

Edited by kevangrealish

Bit unfair to say Bowery hasn't worked out. He was purchased as a project for half a million rather than a contributor right away - our hand has been forced from time to time and he's had to play and he's generally been poor I agree. I'd give any young player we spend just half a million on at least a couple of years before branding how good or bad a deal was.

That's fair. What I mean to say is he doesn't seem ready to contribute, or hasn't up till this point, certainly not over a long period. So we're left with N'Zogbia as a back up for out outside forwards and I'm not convinced he's a long term answer either.

This lad seems to have the pace, the graft and the ability (judging by 6 assists) to do that. I may well be wrong, he'd be moving up a division, but I think we do need someone like him.

Also seen another one say it would be class if they got 4mil for him. The lads on TalkSport are saying he will be better than gabby though...

The VAST majority seem to think it isn't near enough, but that they couldn't deny him the opportunity.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Lambert brings in some players who are in their prime as we're getting rid of some deadwood and free up the wages, and if we sell Bent he'll probably get another one who is in 20-22 age bracket. What we really need is central midfielder in their prime to finally replace Petrov as midfield general.

The problem is that finding one will be hard within a budget since those kind of players are usually valued very highly in the clubs.

That's fair. What I mean to say is he doesn't seem ready to contribute, or hasn't up till this point, certainly not over a long period. So we're left with N'Zogbia as a back up for out outside forwards and I'm not convinced he's a long term answer either.

This lad seems to have the pace, the graft and the ability (judging by 6 assists) to do that. I may well be wrong, he'd be moving up a division, but I think we do need someone like him.

You're right Bowery is nowhere near ready yet. In an ideal world I think he would've been loaned out this season but we didn't have a squad capable of being being able to do that.

I agree. From the bits and pieces being said he sounds like a lot like a younger Gabby. Could've been £6m if Peterborough stayed in the Championship. 4m + addons if he gets an England cap, that kind of stuff sounds more likely.

If any of this is in fact true.

i hope lambo intends to get some established players in, we need more experience players. the squad is still very young you need them older heads in the squad to help when things are not going so well

I'm actually starting to wonder whether the need for experience is as urgent now as it was at the beginning of the season. Presuming we stay up the experiences of this season will be invaluable to the players and they'll all have that experience to call upon next season.

The VAST majority seem to think it isn't near enough, but that they couldn't deny him the opportunity.

I see, But it does seem a hell of a lot of money for a league one player. On another note is he a bit of a tosser ? I've seen two a few tweets from peterborough fans tagging him in their tweets. Almost as if to encourage him out. Very disrespectful if he's not.

You're right Bowery is nowhere near ready yet. In an ideal world I think he would've been loaned out this season but we didn't have a squad capable of being being able to do that.

I quite like Bowery actually, or at least I can see his raw ability. He's rapid and he has good ball control, his trouble is the general pace of the game at this level. He seems daunted by it. I'm not entirely sure what he is either, a striker or an outside forward. I hope he does go out on loan next season, if not only for us but for him too because I think he could cut it in the premier league with somebody, at worst he could get a shot in the championship. We help the lad develop, he makes it with us or if not he gets a career and we make a few quid. For whatever reason I've warmed to him, he just happens to be a part of one of the best forward lines we've had in 20 years, 

Either way yeah, I think we need more. 

I'm actually starting to wonder whether the need for experience is as urgent now as it was at the beginning of the season. Presuming we stay up the experiences of this season will be invaluable to the players and they'll all have that experience to call upon next season.

Agree, Vlaar will be immense for us next season, he'll have got to grips with the league and don't rule out KEA making an impact either. Get rid of the likes of Dunne, Given, Ireland, Bent,, possibly Bannan and Holman. Then add the likes of Murphy, Gayle, then a few more gems from abroad.

I see, But it does seem a hell of a lot of money for a league one player. On another note is he a bit of a tosser ? I've seen two a few tweets from peterborough fans tagging him in their tweets. Almost as if to encourage him out. Very disrespectful if he's not.

I don't know about that. My "scout" didn't report anything back regarding that. I've read his tweets though, seems a nice, articulate and presentable young chap. 

i hope lambo intends to get some established players in, we need more experience players. the squad is still very young you need them older heads in the squad to help when things are not going so well

The squad is a year older, a relegation battle wiser. I would *like* an older head in midfield, but I haven't a clue who. When you say established I assume you mean premier league established, because I'm not sure it matters otherwise. 

Milner perhaps? (and so it begins...)

God yeah imagine Milner playing ahead of Westwood and Sylla with Benteke, Weimann and Gabby ahead of him.  Not going to happen though, if Lambert ever pulled that one off he'd be an utter legend.  We need the next Milner, and I'm not sure who there is out there.