Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

does he really? Looking at his goals on Youtube. Cant say ive seen him play more than 2-3 full games. But he reminds me of Bent. Bent didnt fit into his plans how will Austin?

His goals were mainly from poor defending/crosses (we cant cross for shit) unless he plans to buy wingers..

IMO we need pacy wingers who can cross to Benteke and Austin (if he signs). PL seems to like his narrow 4-3-3 though.

• Like 1

If we're going after a Bulgarian we should also look at Georgi Milanov then. Has had a great season and already seems integral to the national side.

Austin seems close according to E&S. Would be happy with that as a replacement for Bent. £4.5m seems steep though. I imagine it will be alot less than that in reality.

Agree, only 1 year left on his contract, maybe a '£2m take it or lose him for free' offer.

Decent signing though, he can clearly hit the net.

does he really? Looking at his goals on Youtube. Cant say ive seen him play more than 2-3 full games. But he reminds me of Bent. Bent didnt fit into his plans how will Austin?

His goals were mainly from poor defending/crosses (we cant cross for shit) unless he plans to buy wingers..

IMO we need pacy wingers who can cross to Benteke and Austin (if he signs). PL seems to like his narrow 4-3-3 though.

If we can get £8m for a 30 year old Bent, and get a £2-3m 25 year old replacement in Austin, then I would say its a good bit of business.

• Like 2

If we can get £8m for a 30 year old Bent, and get a £2-3m 25 year old replacement in Austin, then I would say its a good bit of business.

both would be ineffective in our current system. 

But we'd potentially make a net profit on their transfers, more than half the wages (for the player) and have someone 5 years younger with resale value.

Also, since we're being linked with wingers, maybe we're looking to have a plan b.

• Like 1

both would be ineffective in our current system. 

I wouldnt compare Austin to Bent.  Think they are different types of players.  Be good business 2 mill for 23 year old and 6 for 29-30 year old

^^ True but we've made it clear we don't want him. He's made it clear he doesn't want to be here.... we're not exactly negotiating from a  position of strenght are we?

I'm more concerned with the quality of the player and how they can help the team. Those are the most important things IMO, not how cheap they are compared to who they're replacing.

I'm more concerned with the quality of the player and how they can help the team. Those are the most important things IMO, not how cheap they are compared to who they're replacing.

Might be able to help the team by adding funds and wages to strengthen other more urgent positions.

Came to post exactly this.

Id rather keep a known quantity in bent than sell him for the poultry sum of 4 million and reinvesting the £4 million in the unknown quantity of Charlie austin.