Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

first order of business:

benteke

lowton

weimann

westwood

[delph]

on hew improved longer term contracts.....

second order of business - release / ship out the dross...

imagine a summer where we look like we may be stronger at the end of it than we were at the start....

in the words of the great modern day philosopher, flo rida - let the good times roll....

• Like 1

Out:

Given, Hutton, Stephens, Lichaj, Warnock, Dunne, Makoun, Ireland, HerdBannanKEANZogbia, Bent, Delfouneso

The ones in bold can be given another year as it would be a heck of a squad change to lose and replace all of those, but I really wouldn't mind if we lost all of those.

Estimate about £15-20m in fee's and £390k a week in wages from the non-bold players

And around about £25-30m in fee's & £520k a week including the bold players?

I agree with your prognosis - about the players out - However to shift all those players in 1 close season would be risky - For all there faults I would keep KEA, Holman, and Nzogbia - not great players -but useful fringe players for us.

It's been about 4 years that fans have been obsessed about getting rid of the non-performing high earners. Maybe we all just need to accept that there will always be 2-3 of those types of players on the books. 

There's more than two or three on our books though, there's at least five.

Given, Hutton, N'Zogbia, Bent, Ireland.

If Bent and Ireland are on as much as is generally reported, it makes things even worse. From the sounds of things we could have two, maybe even three Lambert-esque signings on the same wages as either one of these two.

It's been about 4 years that fans have been obsessed about getting rid of the non-performing high earners. Maybe we all just need to accept that there will always be 2-3 of those types of players on the books. 

As there are at most clubs. We are developing strategy based on players that have failed - we should look to bring in players - and sell off ones not up to the grade at our conveinence.

The purge of the 'high earners' is a way for the clubs hierarchy to shift blame from themselves onto the players

Been a lot of talk about Poyet leaving Brighton since they lost their Play Off Semi. 

I'd take Liam Bridcutt and Lewis Dunk from them as I'd imagine they would be looking to make the step up to the prem anyway, even more so if their manager leaves.

Edited by HalfTimePost

Lambert will also have to consider how many other kids are ready to step up. He would not want to block the paths of Grealish, J Graham, Donacien etc. Depends who he rates/if their ready. I would imagine the door to go will be wide open.

I would imagine that it won't happen again now that we aren't offering high wages. Maybe we'll have some non-performers but high earners, no. 

Lambert will also have to consider how many other kids are ready to step up. He would not want to block the paths of Grealish, J Graham, Donacien etc. Depends who he rates/if their ready. I would imagine the door to go will be wide open.

Don't see why we can't loan these players out to a championship club for a season?

I would imagine that it won't happen again now that we aren't offering high wages. Maybe we'll have some non-performers but high earners, no. 

I'd say it'll be more a case of we'll have higher earners but that they will have earned it here rather than somewhere else, as they will have been bought so young.

Don't see why we can't loan these players out to a championship club for a season?

I'd say it'll be more a case of we'll have higher earners but that they will have earned it here rather than somewhere else, as they will have been bought so young.

well we could. This would depend whether he thinks they are ready or not. I imagine most wont be so loaning them would be most likely scenario. Unless theres a special gem he thinks is ready.

Lichaj "OUT" would be a stupid move to make, we need him for backup LB/RB if theres an injury or to rest players in cup matches.

His contract is up, while I see your point he doesn't really apply competition to either Lowton or Bennett, so I think we should let him go and bring in someone who can push both of the boys!

Spongebob squarepants at the moment is a better left back than Bennett.

Fixed.

Only joking - Bennet has been improving a lot as of late, and I wouldn't want to see us getting rid of him, but I don't think the team have much confidence in him and we shouldn't go into next season with him as our first choice left back.

If we keep Benteke then that will both be a huge statement and it will feel like a new signing. Then we need to give new contracts to Weimann, Westwood, Lowton and Guzan.

If we keep these players then we should focus on getting a good CB in first and foremost. Then we can think about other positions.