Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

No rumours coming through.. been very quiet.. I think that's it for us unfortunately. Lets hope one of the kids steps up

The fact that there's been no rumours doesn't really mean much, and there's still a week left of the transfer window. IIRC we hadn't been linked with any of our deadline day signings this time last year.

We've been linked to Benteke actually ..

I think even some ITK talked about his arrival and I was like "what ?!" .. I thought "Benteke" was an english word or some like that lol !

I think he was mentioned in some threads too .. Although I'm not sure who and when exactly ..

At £10 million Finnbogason isn't good value. Isn't he just a slightly sharper version of Weimann? Like Weimann we would only play him on the wing.

What could we sell him for after a season playing him on the wing - £30m? We couldn't sell Benteke for £30m after a 23 goal debut season. Not good value. We definitely won't be buying him.

The team still has space for a midfielder who gets a lot of assists. If there is transfer action, that's where I expect and hope it will be.

Good post Con.

Yup. Con nailed that one.

No rumours coming through.. been very quiet.. I think that's it for us unfortunately. Lets hope one of the kids steps up

The fact that there's been no rumours doesn't really mean much, and there's still a week left of the transfer window. IIRC we hadn't been linked with any of our deadline day signings this time last year.

We've been linked to Benteke actually ..

I think even some ITK talked about his arrival and I was like "what ?!" .. I thought "Benteke" was an english word or some like that lol !

I think he was mentioned in some threads too .. Although I'm not sure who and when exactly ..

Hadn't he been spotted at the ground (or people suggested it) following a youth game?

More rumours about us and a few others linked to Aaron Cresswell today...

Really doubt there's anything behind it apart from the fact we were interested before we signed Luna so journos put two and two together.

With Luna, Bennett, Baker, Clark and Stevens (if things get really desperate), I can't see Lambert wasting funds on another left back.