Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

Hopefully signing a new CB will see Clark move into a more central midfield role, think he would be much better there

That's from the MON school of player deployment. No, let's hope Lambert uses midfielders for midfield roles.

But Clark is much better suited to midfield rather than defence as he is good with the ball at his feet and is very composed, but is liable to the odd mistake which is much less punishable in midfield. It's not the MON school of player development either, that's not playing youth players when needed, Clark has been played in midfield by both Houllier and McLeish IIRC and looked competent.

Barry started out as CB, he became our nailed central midfielder for about 7-8 years. Bale was a LB and almost sold by spurs 'cause he wasn't very good there, he's now one of the best players in the world on the left wing/behind the striker. Henry started out as a winger and became the best striker of his generation. I don't think Clark is in the same league as these players, but they are examples that mean just because you start your career in one position it doesn't mean it's your best position.

• Like 1

I just don't get this signing and giving Clark a new contract.

I'm all for replacing Clark with this guy but it just seems strange to go into the season with 5 defenders.

Could this hint at maybe giving the horrendous 3-5-2 formation another go?

FM2012 Stats:

Marco-Capuano-fm-2013-initial-profile_9.

Potential 2018 stats aged 26

Marco-Capuano-fm-2013-future-profile.jpg

> 18 marking

> 17 positioning

*revving intensifies*

Gotta get him a tutor to work on that anticipation, though, or he'll never quite make GOAT status.

lucky FM ratings are accurate ;)

Out of curiosity. I wonder what Benteke or Westwoods ratings were on FM before they played with us and how close they were to their qualities. I would imagine strength and jumping would have been quite high!

One of his friends replied to that tweet 'English dream' saying 'if you go to Aston, give me a pasaggio? One way :)'

https://twitter.com/ChristianSchipa/status/360522898886230018

It also seems that Capuano has deleted the English Dream tweet.

Oh and ITK_Transfer reckons us and Liverpool are both after him. I don't know how reliable he is.

Edited by Ginko

lucky FM ratings are accurate ;)Out of curiosity. I wonder what Benteke or Westwoods ratings were on FM before they played with us and how close they were to their qualities. I would imagine strength and jumping would have been quite high!

I wondered the same thing recently, so I GS'd them in FM12. They bad. Real bad.

One of his friends replied to that tweet 'English dream' saying 'if you go to Aston, give me a pasaggio? One way :)'

Oh and ITK_Transfer reckons us and Liverpool are both after him. I don't know how reliable he is.

Hadn't heard Liverpool were in the mix. Watford were the other club who seemed to be in for him. Would make sense, I guess Zola will follow Serie A and B as well as the Italian national sides. Also his wages and fee would easily be within Watford's territory too. Imagine they are quite disappointed to seemingly ahead in the chase!

Hadn't heard Liverpool were in the mix. Watford were the other club who seemed to be in for him. Would make sense, I guess Zola will follow Serie A and B as well as the Italian national sides. Also his wages and fee would easily be within Watford's territory too. Imagine they are quite disappointed to seemingly ahead in the chase!

Aren't Watford under an embargo?

Just read up and Capuano played every game in the recent U21 tournament which Italy got to the final in ( Italy only conceeded 1 goal in 4 games before the final ). Maybe Lambert has had a look at him and seen something and because the fees/wages are so low then he's thought he's worth a punt ?

I never mind these type of signings personally. He's got a decent amount of experience and obviously has something about him and some potential. Worst case scenario and it doesn't work out then we'd probably make a small loss or get our money back, best case scenario is we pick up another good player for peanuts, ala Westwood, Lowton and Sylla.

WhoScored say Capuano only played in one game of the U21 Championships vs Norway. The game where they conceded that 1 goal before the final. They do have his rating down as 7.75 which means he had a very good game by whatever they mark them on however but it doesn't look as though he was a perm. fixture of that Italian squad.

That said you cant really go wrong with a young, Italian youth International CB for a relative pittance.

Would be interesting to see what that would mean for Clark, Baker and Donacien though. You'd assume it meant Clark and Baker had some more competition for that left sided CB role or a move back to 3-5-2. Not sure I particularly like either of those options but I would like to see this Capuano lad come in. 

Maybe loan him out for a year to adjust to the game, giving Clark a year to make the position his. If he doesn't succeed in his 3rd year of playing in the first team, time to ship him out (Which would be a shame as I really liked him when he came through but he just hasn't done it as of yet). Thus giving us:

Lowton/?   Vlaar/Okore   Baker/Capuano   Luna/Bennett

Hopefully signing a new CB will see Clark move into a more central midfield role, think he would be much better there

That's from the MON school of player deployment. No, let's hope Lambert uses midfielders for midfield roles.

But Clark is much better suited to midfield rather than defence as he is good with the ball at his feet and is very composed, but is liable to the odd mistake which is much less punishable in midfield. It's not the MON school of player development either, that's not playing youth players when needed, Clark has been played in midfield by both Houllier and McLeish IIRC and looked competent.

Barry started out as CB, he became our nailed central midfielder for about 7-8 years. Bale was a LB and almost sold by spurs 'cause he wasn't very good there, he's now one of the best players in the world on the left wing/behind the striker. Henry started out as a winger and became the best striker of his generation. I don't think Clark is in the same league as these players, but they are examples that mean just because you start your career in one position it doesn't mean it's your best position.

Valid points.