Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

LOL in his last season for us he scored 9 goals and had 15 assists, in terms of output it was one of his best seasons for us, so much for not giving a '****'.

Honestly you get some absolute garbage written on here about former players who did well for us. The fact is Young is a quality player and would massively improve our attack.

You certainly do.apparently his free kicks and corners were awful.

Yeh course they were.they were only his bloody trademark for the years he played for us

Not really. His trademark was more getting on the wing and cutting in and out.

The amount of times I remember sitting at VP thinking "**** hell I wish someone else would take fre kicks/corners" was a lot.

How many free kicks did he score in his time with us? about 3? 

Milner was a much better set-piece taker.

Edited by PieFacE

Well maybe I'm going senile because I can remember plenty of great inswinging free kicks

Ya but then it went to his head a bit and he remember he went the whole season without hitting the target.

Ashley young would easily walk into our starting 11. If the wages were right I'd snap him back up.

In terms of his last season he was one of our best players who kept us up, along with Bent, Downing and Walker.

• Like 2

Well maybe I'm going senile because I can remember plenty of great inswinging free kicks

Ya but then it went to his head a bit and he remember he went the whole season without hitting the target.

Yeh I do remember he went off the boil for a long time but he caused absolute havoc with his crosses in the first couple of years IMO

I don't see lambert bringing in anyone on loan unless its someone he might want to buy in the long run. He seems to have a builder mentality which is great as long as we have all positions adequately covered.

I can't see Young coming back permanently so it's a bit of a no starter for me.

Also, Ashley in the hole didn't really work great and when we picked up all those points to push us into 9th end of season we had reverted back to him and downing on the wings I seem to recall.

Ashley young would easily walk into our starting 11. If the wages were right I'd snap him back up.

In terms of his last season he was one of our best players who kept us up, along with Bent, Downing and Walker.

Not a Lambert signing. Too bigy big bollocks and wouldn't fit the profile Lambert wants at the club. 

I don't see lambert bringing in anyone on loan unless its someone he might want to buy in the long run.

simon dawkins?

regarding ashley young, i was so gutted when he left, but no thanks, not anymore, he might fit into the team but his attitude is all wrong, plus, he would play in gabbys position, theres no dropping gabby, not for anyone

• Like 1

Yeh I do remember he went off the boil for a long time but he caused absolute havoc with his crosses in the first couple of years IMO

At Man U maybe but not at Villa park.

I don't see lambert bringing in anyone on loan unless its someone he might want to buy in the long run.

simon dawkins?

Dawkins loan was more like an extended trial - if he'd been up to scratch, we probably would've signed him.

How was Ashley a 'billy big bollocks' exactly ?

He took on the roll when ManU came calling, thinking he was the next Ronaldo when in fact he was nothing more than another player warming a bench, i don't rate Nani much but he is far better than Ash.