If You Could Bring Back 3 Players

conorm

Delaney, McGrath and Milner. Each one fixing glaring problems with the team right now (I'd swap Lowton to the left) and have us line up as

-------------------------Guzan-------------------

Delaney------McGrath------Vlaar------Lowton

------------------Sylla--------Westwood---------

Wiemann--------------Milner------Agbonlahor

------------------------Benteke------------------

Edited by P3te

Well keeping it recent and with people who can go right into the team.

1. Ashley Young - Scoring and creating goals

2. James Milner - Energy and and both defensive/attacking stability

3. Gareth Barry  - The leader who makes other players calm down and play better.

Laursen was better than Vlaar is now, but also a bit reckless in his timing and charging into tackles in midfield, leaving him exposed to counters etc.

Petrov was a tidy leader, but not better than the ones mentioned above. Yorke was so long ago and Benteke covers his place and so does Darren Bent on form.

For next season I just hope we can field four defenders who make me relaxed before the kick-off, with Bennett in there I just know anything can happen.

Nigel Callaghan

Marlon Harewood

Stefan Moore

No one called me out on this?

On a serious note.

Dwight Yorke

Mellberg

Laursen

I like Dublin as well, and Milner is also one I would like to see back.

good question, three ex players no longer playing the game

Paul McGrath

Paul Merson

Dion Dublin

three ex players still playing

Olof Mellberg

Gareth Barry

Ashley Young

If I had a time machine I'd bring back:

Paul McGrath

Gareth Southgate

Andy Townsend

I'm only going back as far as I can personally remember (about 20 years) but that is class and experience in key areas.  I think Dwight Yorke is certainly one of the best three players we have had over that time but I think we are alright up front at the moment while we have huge deficiencies elsewhere in the team.

Amazed no one has mentioned Gray! He may be a clearing in the woods now but when at Villa he was the most fearless and exciting striker I have ever seen.

For me it would be Gray, Gidman & Little - they use to scare the living daylights out of the opponents.

I can still see Gidman, in my minds eye, storming down the right wing - majestic! But he was also a great FB!

Who can forget Brian Little tying defenders in knots - the most skilful player in my time in a Villa shirt. Unfortunately he never received the credit on the national stage that he deserved!

As for Gray - he had no fear and was also incredibly agile - imo the most exciting centre forward to have played in a Villa shirt in the last 50 years!

Amazed no one has mentioned Gray! 

Probably because Peter Withe achieved more for us than the Scottish traitor who **** off to Wolves for a bigger pay packet!

Just like, Barry, milner, young and downing ect-ect... And soon to be benteke or anybody else that turns out to be half decent i guess pal!

We need to bring back an owner who has real balls if anybody not players imho!

Â