If You Could Bring Back 3 Players

conorm

Current players is quite easy;  Cahill, Young and Milner. Would say Walker but he was only on loan.

Of past players (ive seen) it'd  be Laursen, Merson and Taylor. 

On a separate note I always think Alpay gets a rough deal on these boards, quite a prick but one of the better defenders we had in the Premiership.

First time poster , I would love to have Ian Taylor back at the current time, would bring passion and desire just when we really need it, along with God (obviously) and then a  toss up between Gary Shaw and Brian Little. To be honest Shaw edges this as I can only remember glimpses of Little, but both fantastic players with careers ruined by injury .

Allan Evans

God

Sid Cowans (toss up between him and Milner)

This is blasphemous to me. Milner is a traitor who left a club that rescued him from the doldrums. Sid is a true Villa legend so there's no comparison!

Still playing and still playing well.

Cahill

Milner

Young

Past greats (that I have seen play Im 34)

God

Cowans

Yorke

Amazed no one has mentioned Gray! 

Probably because Peter Withe achieved more for us than the Scottish traitor who **** off to Wolves for a bigger pay packet!

You are wrong. Never liked Gray as a person but you need to get your facts straight. Ron Saunders decided that he didn't like Grays (& Gidmans attitude) and decided to put them on the market. It wasn't Grays decision. Undoubtedly Withe archieved more for us than Gray but Gray was a much better player than Withe ever was.

• Like 1

Amazed no one has mentioned Gray! 

Probably because Peter Withe achieved more for us than the Scottish traitor who **** off to Wolves for a bigger pay packet!

You are wrong. Never liked Gray as a person but you need to get your facts straight. Ron Saunders decided that he didn't like Grays (& Gidmans attitude) and decided to put them on the market. It wasn't Grays decision. Undoubtedly Withe archieved more for us than Gray but Gray was a much better player than Withe ever was.

i heard a different , and I'd say reliable, story about andy gray involving a failing investment he wanted help with.

I'd take Gareth Barry and ashley young back and Martin Laursen (of recent players) as I think they would really help in positions we could do with strengthening

Very surprised at the amount of people that would take Young back.

Young always had the potential and has the knack of saving his best for the worst, like his goal against San Marino. Never seems to play well against the good teams but always well against the bad.

Patrick Berger was better than him in his last few months.

Â