If You Could Bring Back 3 Players

conorm

From all times

God

Sid

Platt

Just players still playing

Cahill (as I think he's the best central defender we've let go that is still in his prime)

Milner

Young (even if it takes a lot to admit that)

Looking at our weak points I would bring back from my time Steve Staunton, Paul McGrath and James Milner.

What a difference those 3 would make to our team now.

McGrath

Merson - for his pure blood, sweat and tears approach

Then... Mellberg or Laursen. Tough

McGrath

McGrath

McGrath

Schmeichel was pretty crap when he played for us.

He did score for us. An integral attribute for a goalie :)

The first ever scored by a Goalie in the Premiership.

Surely this gives you two common ground too :D

Don't get me wrong, I love the guy, he's one of my all time heroes, even if he did enjoy the peak of his career at a club I don't like.

And yes, we do have a lot in common ;)

But anyone who left our club because he was getting replaced by Peter Enckleman can't have been that good (at that time).

Don't get me wrong, I love the guy, he's one of my all time heroes, even if he did enjoy the peak of his career at a club I don't like.

And yes, we do have a lot in common ;)

But anyone who left our club because he was getting replaced by Peter Enckleman can't have been that good (at that time).

Yeah I know :) By the way, whose goal was better?

Haha I'd have to give it to Schmeichel.

Mine was a really easy goal to be fair. 6 yards out, middle of the goal, only the keeper to beat. If I'd have cocked it up it would have been ebarrassing.

Schmeichel actually has some work to do there!

Mine was a really easy goal to be fair. 6 yards out, middle of the goal, only the keeper to beat. If I'd have cocked it up it would have been ebarrassing.

A gracious man you are.

I know I read the novel you posted about it  :P

Amazed no one has mentioned Gray! 

Probably because Peter Withe achieved more for us than the Scottish traitor who **** off to Wolves for a bigger pay packet!

You are wrong. Never liked Gray as a person but you need to get your facts straight. Ron Saunders decided that he didn't like Grays (& Gidmans attitude) and decided to put them on the market. It wasn't Grays decision. Undoubtedly Withe archieved more for us than Gray but Gray was a much better player than Withe ever was.

My facts are straight.

Peter Withe did achieve more for us than Andy Gray - FACT

Andy Gray did **** off to Wolves - FACT.

Andy Gray did receive a bigger pay packet at Wolves - FACT.

Ha ha - you need to learn to read and understand - FACT

Very surprised at the amount of people picking Young over Milner. Of recent times I'd have Milner, Bouma and Laursen.

-------------Guzan----------------

Lowts Vlaar Laursen Bouma

--------Delph---Westwood----

Weimann----Milner-----Gabby

--------------Benteke-------------

• Like 1

A gracious man you are.

I know I read the novel you posted about it  :P

Hey, that was reserved of me. If I'd gone all out I could have written a dissertation about that goal ;)

Hehe, nah, I don't think that would have worked out any other way.  But I'm genuinely intrigued by how things might have worked out with Beinlich if we'd persevered with him.  If we had wound up with Leverkusen-era Beinlich, we'd probably still be talking about him fondly today.

Amazed no one has mentioned Gray! 

Probably because Peter Withe achieved more for us than the Scottish traitor who **** off to Wolves for a bigger pay packet!

You are wrong. Never liked Gray as a person but you need to get your facts straight. Ron Saunders decided that he didn't like Grays (& Gidmans attitude) and decided to put them on the market. It wasn't Grays decision. Undoubtedly Withe archieved more for us than Gray but Gray was a much better player than Withe ever was.

My facts are straight.

Peter Withe did achieve more for us than Andy Gray - FACT

Andy Gray did **** off to Wolves - FACT.

Andy Gray did receive a bigger pay packet at Wolves - FACT.

Ha ha - you need to learn to read and understand - FACT

*allegedly* Gray borrowed money for his business venture, the Holy City Zoo, went to the club for more money when it was in trouble and was knocked back. He then threw his dummy out of the pram and threatened to leave, so the club sold him.

Not fact, all hearsay, but that is the understanding that I have had for all these years.

• 4 weeks later...
Â