If You Could Bring Back 3 Players

conorm

F365 have been running a fun feature on which three players fans would bring back to enhance their current team. So, who do you think would best help the Villa cause at the moment?

For me, we are obviously missing leadership, experience and defensive stability so I would bring McGrath and Laursen back without a shadow of a doubt.

My last pick is a bit trickier. There are lots of great options for midfield - the composure of Cowans, the spirit of Taylor and the grit of Richardson - but for me something we have lacked for years is a link with the attack, a thrust from midfield which allows to take a game to opponents. And so, despite him not being a unanimous fan favourite, I'd give my third place to Platt.

How about you?

I'm just going to go with players currently still playing.

Cahill, Young and Milner

With Barry and Walker just behind them

I'd love to see Young back in Gabbys current position sending crosses into Benteke, Milner would definately help our midfield and Cahill to help shore up the defence

Hendrie - while Bannan does an admirable job, nobody plays the pantomime villain better than Hendrie. He'd do a superb job in behind the forwards.

Laursen - some steel and experience at the back and an attacking threat from corners

Petrov - we need a leader in the middle of the park

All of them bleed Claret and blue. Something we need in our current situation.

Keeping it recent too, Id go with:

Laursen - Dominant in the area, threat of set pieces and a truly inspirational defender, and a leader. Would undoubtedly sharpen up our defense.

James Milner - Hard working but with ability to back it up. Him in CM would be a god send.

Ashley Young - Would offer some much needed width and has the ability to run at players and beat them, something we lack this year. I think no one drives often, or good enough with the ball. His crosses into tekkers would be amazing to.

Â