Sunderland

Richard

Isn't Dick Adovcatt about 70 now, seemed like that when he was at Rangers and that was 15 years ago!

Edit: On a serious note when was the last time he coached a club side as he seems to have bobbed around random national teams for the last 10 years.

Edited by VillaChris

Not sure how it was on Sky, but here on BeIn Sports both when Lambert was sacked and later when Tim Sherwood was appointed, the coverage dominated the Richard Keys and Andy Gray show. There was a game on (I can't remember which), yet all the half time talk was of Villa when Lambert was ousted.

When Sherwood came in it was (pleasantly) surprising how much time they spent covering his appointment.

With Poyet's sacking, it's barely been given more than a side-mention tonight on the same show. 

I am disgusted by this sacking

I don't really understand the situation. What's the thing that's bothering you?

I'm sure he's disgusted as it means Sunderland might have more of a chance of staying up now that Poyet has gone.

• Like 1

Can't see anyone keeping them up, Without taking any credit away from ourselves, Sunderland's display on Saturday was completely gutless. 

The defensive is old, slow, and with guys like O'Shea and Brown, has an almost QPR like (can't be arsed I've made my dough) attitude. A new manager might instill a bit of fight but the fact is their squad is poor, I think they will go.

15) Villa

16) Hull

17) Burnley

18) Sunderland

19) QPR

20) Leicester

IMO.

Edited by av1

Edit: On a serious note when was the last time he coached a club side as he seems to have bobbed around random national teams for the last 10 years.

He managed Eredivisie teams (PSV and AZ) in the previous two seasons doing an unspectacularly average job at both.

It's difficult to say how he'll do at Sunderland. He obviously has great experience although I'm not sure how good a motivator he'll be. From what I've seen, he seems to be quite conservative in his approach which can be a positive thing if it translates into grinding out a few more results. On the other hand, Sunderland have been playing with fear from the beginning of the season so maybe they need a more 'up and at 'em' manager like Sherwood. Who knows.

Edited by Isa

He managed Eredivisie teams (PSV and AZ) in the previous two seasons doing an unspectacularly average job at both.

It's difficult to say how he'll do at Sunderland. He obviously has great experience although I'm not sure how good a motivator he'll be. From what I've seen, he seems to be quite conservative in his approach which can be a positive thing if it translates into grinding out a few more results. On the other hand, Sunderland have been playing with fear from the beginning of the season so maybe they need a more 'up and at 'em' manager like Sherwood. Who knows.

I dont think he is a motivator and seems like a tactician. I always remember Euro 2004 in the classic Holland vs Czech game he took Robben off with about half hour to go and they were winning, when he was tearing them apart all night

they went on to lose the game

I'm just glad we sacked Lambert before they sacked Poyet otherwise it'd probably be them on the up with Sherwood.

We'd probably have lost and he'd still be in a job.

I think Sunderland are in right trouble even if they do stay up the remind me of us when Lambert came in look at the money they've spunked on players 12m on Fletcher, 8.5 on Altidore, Defoe on 80k a week, 10m for Rodwell, 10m for Johnson, 6m for Gardner, 8m for Wickham. I'd imagine the likes of O'Shea & Brown are on decent contracts too they were both useless the weekend. 

Bridcutt looks a good player to me. He had absolutely no support mind you. 

I literally can't understand what you see in him. He looked total shite the other day. 

Bridcutt is a Championship player all day long.

I've watched Sunderland a fair few times this season and he has been one of the main catalysts for me.

He has no presence at all in midfield, doesn't impose himself on a game in any way.

I dont think he is a motivator and seems like a tactician. I always remember Euro 2004 in the classic Holland vs Czech game he took Robben off with about half hour to go and they were winning, when he was tearing them apart all night

they went on to lose the game

Thank god he did.

Possibly the best game I've ever seen.

• Like 1

Not sure what to expect. He's clearly got great experience in different football climates and has pulled some bold tactical moves in his time. But coming in to the fag end of a Premier League season to fight fires at a struggling club staring at relegation will probably be completely different to the situations he's faced before. I expect the mackems to be better organised but I still can't see where goals are going to come from for them.

When we weren't scoring it was something of a puzzle looking at the players available, but with S'land even if Dick gets them playing a better style I don't see goals in their team, especially now they've lost Johnson. They can't rely on Larsson free kicks to win them games until the end of the season.

Edited by Intercourse_The_Penguin

except for Zenit he hasnt really done much as manager. spells as Dutch, Russia and Serbia have been underwhelming

He has won 3 titles at Rangers and PSV, well I could win the SPL an his title at PSV was helped when he had Ronaldo and Nilis up front

Â