Sunderland

Richard

Poyet has done a horrible job this season. Only winning 4 games, losing to the likes of Hull, QPR and Us at home. However tbf I think Sunderland's squad is poor, especially without Johnson. Certainly not as good as our squad. Lambert in!!!

Edited by Arj Guy

4 managers now in 4 seasons. Seriously time the board looks at the players. Signing cast-offs from top clubs is not a great policy as players like Defoe, O'Shea, Rodwell, Brown etc are on big wages and not pulling weight

• Like 2

Dick Advocaat the favourite to replace him, with a few journalists saying they're already in talks.

That would be a disaster in my opionion. Advocaat has proper dinosaur methods.. When he was at Rangers he spent £12mil on Tore Andre Flo. :D

Sunderlands best bet would be to go for Gary Rowett, Mark Warburton or Phil Parkinson

• Like 1

I feel like quite a few managers have been sacked after losing to us in the last few years when we've been struggling. It's like losing to Villa was the final straw.

Unfortunately I can't remember any examples to back this up off the top of my head.

I feel like quite a few managers have been sacked after losing to us in the last few years when we've been struggling. It's like losing to Villa was the final straw.

Unfortunately I can't remember any examples to back this up off the top of my head.

I was thinking the same thing. I'm sure we've been the nail in quite a few managers' coffins in the past couple of seasons.

Dick Advocaat the favourite to replace him, with a few journalists saying they're already in talks.

That would be a disaster in my opionion. Advocaat has proper dinosaur methods.. When he was at Rangers he spent £12mil on Tore Andre Flo. :D

Sunderlands best bet would be to go for Gary Rowett, Mark Warburton or Phil Parkinson

Apparently the suggestion is that they want him until the end of the season then they're going to go for Mclaren. This all according to Louise Taylor, who I think is a North East based reporter for 'The Guardian'.

Edited by useless

Brian McDermott - sacked by reading in march 2012 after we beat them 2-1 at the majdeski

The players are the problem, not Poyet. The club is rotten to the core, full of overpaid players who don't give a shit, a bit like ourselves until recently. We can't afford to pay players enough to not care!

Yep. Feels like they do the same thing with the manager every year, while the playing staff has the same core group of players.

I think they have enough quality to stay up this season. However, I really don't think they are underachieving at all with their squad. I don't know the ins and outs of their squad but from the outside looking in, they lack creativity, power and pace. I genuinely think unless they make some serious changes to their squad that they will be in a similar situation next season, regardless of the manager. 

• Like 1

Brian McDermott - sacked by reading in march 2012 after we beat them 2-1 at the majdeski

Mourinho left Chelsea after we beat them at VP under MON

He managed another 2 games after that defeat, a draw at home to Blackburn and a draw to Rosenborg in the CL

He managed another 2 games after that defeat, a draw at home to Blackburn and a draw to Rosenborg in the CL

I stand corrected (my memory is not what it once was.)

I remember Adkins was bizarrely sacked after beating us 1-0.

I can understand why the result on Saturday made Sunderland act. Despite our recent troubles I don't think we're some small tin pot club that should be thankful just to be in this league and Sherwood's obviously given us a lift but losing to us 4-0 at home is pretty unprecedented. I mean, imagine if Sunderland had come to VP and won 4-0?

I stand corrected (my memory is not what it once was.)
I thought he was myself, it was only when I googled it I found he wasn't (although on the BBC report it states the catalyst was the defeat to us)

Back to Sunderland, I wonder if they will continue with this director of football route because they've signed some absolute shite through that method

Duth media saying advocaat will be announced tomorrow

Isn't he like 80 years old?

Edited by Jimzk5

I never think it's a good idea to sack someone unless there is definitely someone lined up who could do better. I suspect they'll sink like a stone now, whereas Poyet probably would have just about scrounged enough points to keep them up.

Â