New Music 2013

Xann

"The two studio pieces especially are worth much of your time and attention, working with compelling samples of GG Allin and Klaus Kinski." :D

"The third side inferno...sounds something like a field recording made at a crematorium by a building site on a crisp spring morning." UFF! My idea of heaven.

Love me some Prurient, though. The last split with JK Flesh was really, really excellent.

On a continued Birds of Passage binge, I recently bought a new C10 from Cooper Cult, and a 4-way 2xC20 split from Watery Starve. Not bought any tapes in ages, but jumped at the chance for these - the first is already sold out. The split is still available though.

DSC_0028.JPG

looking forward to new stuff from Airbourne, Clutch and Fleetwood Mac

Oh and the new Buckcherry album is out today :D

Edited by rjw63

... tapes...

That's so five years ago, the trendy end of the folk scene led the way with the tape revival.

Generic Indie bands followed and now we're seeing Electronica and even Dance stuff on cassette.

... Clutch...

Irony? The albums that I heard never changed gear. ;)

Aside from the new My Bloody Valentine and Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds (which are both excellent), I'm really looking forward to new stuff from Arcade Fire, David Bowie, The Strokes, Earl Sweatshirt, QOTSA (with a return from Nick Oliveri and Dave Grohl), Vampire Weekend and Yeah Yeah Yeah's new stuff (which has crazy cover art).

I may also give Atoms For Peace a whirl when it comes out in a few weeks...

Edited by CarewsEyebrowDesigner

... tapes...

That's so five years ago, the trendy end of the folk scene led the way with the tape revival.

Generic Indie bands followed and now we're seeing Electronica and even Dance stuff on cassette.

Oh yh man, it's all about compressed MP3s on floppy disks now :detect::unsure::ph34r:

Oh yh man, it's all about compressed MP3s on floppy disks now :detect::unsure::ph34r:

That was last week.

This week it's Atari ST 'Creator' files on a single sided 3.5" TOS floppy.

Next week it's a ROM of the BBC Micro program that Vince Clarke used when he was with Depeche Mode.

The week after that it's a xylophone with all the bum notes taken off.

:)

Mountain of Love

Album out early March

by genre it's apparently 'Dubtronica' according to souncloud

for me it's just stand up and dance in the middle of the day

gig up soon, posse of 4 of us making the trip out

Aside from the new My Bloody Valentine and Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds (which are both excellent), I'm really looking forward to new stuff from Arcade Fire, David Bowie, The Strokes, Earl Sweatshirt, QOTSA (with a return from Nick Oliveri and Dave Grohl), Vampire Weekend and Yeah Yeah Yeah's new stuff (which has crazy cover art).

I may also give Atoms For Peace a whirl when it comes out in a few weeks...

New Strokes single is available to listen to on their soundcloud.

I am looking forward to the Haim album, loving them at the moment.

New Steven Wilson album is out on the 25th, "The Raven That Refused To Sing (And Other Stories) B)

Already ordered. [1] The opening track:

[1] Yes, that's "ordered", not "pre-ordered".

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Palma Violets album was a huge disappointment.

stayed away from it not believing the hype, something a bit vaccines about them to me

foals still smashing everything else ive heard so far this year, picked up marr's album and liking the 1st couple of listens even though there isnt any particular amazing track jumping out, also picked up Bowie's new 3 disc greatest hits, 1st time ive ever given him a proper listen, good stuff

Â