New Music 2013

Xann

Makes sense...  it would explain why it sounded like it was made by people and not machines.

(Youtube removed the video I posted within 1 min. Must have been some sort of search and destroy-bot like in the Matrix.)

Boards of Canada and Warp are really taking the piss with this aren't they? 20 seconds of audio on one side, some numbers mystery...it's like the stuff that Skam put out in the late 90's where you didn't know what label the record was on, what the artist was etc, but if you could identify it as a Skam compliation nutters would pay £500 for it.

Well, it didn't take a month. It barely even took 2 weeks

news_thumb_boris_vein.jpg

The re-issue of Boris' Vein. Turns out it is a re-issue, kind of. It wasn't originally released in JP, and this is a JP only release, so. I guess it isn't, technically. They changed Hardcore Vein a little, started it with a noise track, and ended it with that track that is used during the Untitled track from the US version of Smile (man I've even confused myself there, good luck making sense of that if you don't listen to Boris), and it sounds a little cleaner. Which some people don't like, but I'm OK with it. Drone Vein is a bit shorter than the original, clocking in at exactly 18 minutes (and ending very abruptly), but is the same fuzzy drone as before.

Next up is the US tour only release of Flood, Live. Which suuuuuucks it'll probably be doing the rounds for ~£50 I expect v___v

Edited by hogso

I saw it last December. IT WAS AMAZING.

You're in Aus right? They announced the following a few days ago

Wednesday June 19- Corner Hotel, Melbourne

Friday June 21- Manning Bar, Sydney

Saturday June 22- DARK MOFO, Hobart

Monday June 24- Rosemount Hotel, Perth

Same as the US tour, it's confirmed they're playing Flood. Don't know if it'd be the same as the EU tour, they went all over their back catalogue for those shows. They started with HUGE (Amplifier Worship), played the rock stuff you'd expect (Pink, Statement, Buzz-in), played Cosmos from the Joe Volk split, another new track called 'Angel' which was quite Flood-esque, Rainbow, and then finished with Flood III. I don't know if they're doing the whole of Flood for this US/AUS tour, I mean, yeah it's one of my favourites too, but I don't think the whole of I and IV would be required. II is quite nice though, and ofc III is pretty much the greatest thing ever.

I could have invented that you live in Aus, though, so none of the above would matter...if so, soz mate

Johnny Winter is 69, but looks a LOT older, years of drug and alcohol abuse have taken a heavy toll on him. He shuffles on stage and plays (mostly) sitting down.

But then, that's kind of de rigeur for a bluesman! He has a good band - loud and raucous R&B. The setlist was mostly standards and covers, as expected - Johnny B. Goode, Got My Mojo Working', Good Morning Little Schoolgirl, Jumpin' Jack Flash, It's All Over Now, Gimme Shelter, Bonie Maronie, Highway 61 Revisited, etc., etc.

Johnny Winter is 69, but looks a LOT older, years of drug and alcohol abuse have taken a heavy toll on him.

Albinism isn't likely to help his cause. They can be quite sickly.

Some more information about the ever mysterious (and awesome of course) Boards of Canada's hinted new album:

Link to p4k article

To bring you up to speed: For the past week,Boards of Canada have been slowly teasing some kind of new music or new project. It started with a mystery 12-inch found on Record Store Day, followed by another 12" found found later in the week, plus a couple snippets that made their way to radio, not to mention some mysterious YouTube uploads.

Now, as FACT reports, more clues have been unearthed by users of the BoC unofficial fan messageboard Twoism:

• Today, BoC updated their YouTube playlist to reposition three videos related to their 1995 release Twoism to the top of the list.
  • A Twoism user then noticed that one of the banners on the board had changed, seemingly incorporating a kind of static pattern-- the same as on another recently unearthed video.Banner260413.gif?wmode=transparent
  • Opening the .gif image in a text-editing program revealed links to two Soundclouds, which feature music buried beneath static, and new diagrams. Both pieces are titled ∑: Boards of Canada: "∑" (via SoundCloud)  Boards of Canada: "∑" (viaSoundCloud)
  • When played together  Boards of Canada: "∑" + "∑" (via SoundCloud) the pieces sound like the previously unearthed snippets and contain the number 628315, which would fit the sequence unearthed so far.
  • That currently looks like this: —— / 628315 / 717228 / 936557 / —— / 519225. NPR revealed the code 699742 during their broadcast, which has not yet been placed in the sequence.]
  • After uploading the links into a text editor, a paragraph of coding jargon was uncovered, appearing to have come from a Mac source folder, and which contains the word "Cosecha" a number of times, leading people to assume it might be the title of a new album.
Hear a snippet of the first vinyl release below:

Â