New Music 2013

Xann

He's growing on me.

I thought Goblin was good, but not amazing.

But the stuff I've heard from Wolf sounds good so far. Sounds a bit less... aggressive (for want of a better word) and a bit more soulful. IFHY is great.

How you gon cop new Tyler when new Ghostface just leaked son?

Seriously though, The Doppelgangaz - Hark is my hip-hop aoty and will probably stay that way unless the Wu put something out (or Ghost blows my mind in the next few days). It's one of my most listened to albums this year too.

He's growing on me.

I thought Goblin was good, but not amazing.

But the stuff I've heard from Wolf sounds good so far. Sounds a bit less... aggressive (for want of a better word) and a bit more soulful. IFHY is great.

Yeah that's good, also like Rusty

Should be a great album..

Another month, another new Boris release

1364391215_f.jpg

I've listened to the 'Extra' CD/Album/whatever, and it's...odd. All previous songs on the 目をそらした瞬間 releases were vocal less, mostly drone, some ambient. Extra has some rock tracks, and even had Atsuo dishing out some trademark YEEA~ AWOOOOOO! There's also Howl, a track split in two, which is...creepy. I don't know how else to describe it. Atsuo provides vocals in a manner similar to 90s Boris, but there's also Wata (I guess) doing this creepy happy vocal at the same time.

Next month I'll be back with the next Boris release - VEIN 2CD. Even the record label that is putting it out doesn't know what it is, remaster, re-issue, new material, we just don't know. And that is exciting.

Highlights of the year so far:

My Bloody Valentine - mbv

Local Natives - Hummingbird

Torres - Torres

Yo La Tengo - Fade

Haven't got round to listening to the new Kurt Vile record yet but I'm expecting good things. Also just noticed you can stream the new Shouting Matches (another side project from Justin Vernon of Bon Iver) album on NPR so I'll be giving that a listen later.

• Like 1

It was very random that I stumbled upon them (they had a track on a compliation dics I downloaded on a late night half a sleep), but as soon as I heard it I thought these guys are gonna be big some day. They are russians but based in New York, I think. Their album is a very nice listen, but I would really recommend some of the remixes. On second thought I've done a few DJ-gigs lately and playing music like that, so maybe that's why I like the remixes so much.

Edited by tarjei

Â