New Music 2013

Xann

Yeah it's great. Not as good as Grace for Drowning though (which I absolutely adore). 

Some more albums from this year that I dig (been getting back into metal of late):

Caladan Brood - Echoes of Battle

The Fall of Every Season - Amends

Paysage d'Hiver - Das Tor

Omnium Gatherum - Beyond

The Black Keys are currently recording an album, as are The Arctic Monkeys, so I will be massively looking forward to both of those when they eventually arrive.

It's been slim pickings so far this year, with Everything Everything's album topping the list thus far.

Finally got round to listening to the new Circle Takes The Square LP at the weekend. It's good. I bought the EP (which is the first half of the LP, basically) when I saw them last (?) year, and thankfully it keeps up the quality the whole way though. I read in an review of the new album that it wasn't particularly a bad thing that there was 10 years between the full length albums, as it took about 10 years to figure out all the intricacies of As The Roots Undo - this album is more of the same. Jam packed with mythology and other such weird and wonderful stuff.

New albums from My Bloody Valentine, Atoms for Peace, Delphic, Joy Formidable and Everything Everything to check out this year alone...

Looking forward to Neon Neon, The Knife, Phoenix, Wolf People and probably most of all, Deltron 3030

New Steven Wilson album is out on the 25th, "The Raven That Refused To Sing (And Other Stories) B)

And it is **** excellent.   :thumb:

Just got round to ordering it, at last, can't wait to hear it on 5.1.

As to whether it's as good as GFD, I'' reserve judgement til i've given it a good few listens, it took several to get into that LP at the time.

Another one to look forward to is Killswitch Engage's Disarm The Decent out on April 2nd. Should be interesting and they're at the HMV on May  4th.

I'm adoring Hookworms at the minute. Check 'em.

A very good mate of mine has got a massive thing about the Hookworms. He absolutely hates them. I think it's down to the fact his band have played a few gigs with them in Leeds, and they sound quite similar to his band. I've seen them live a few times, and I quite like them (not that I'll tell my mate that). The lead singer shouldn't wear skinny jeans mind.

The Black Keys are currently recording an album, as are The Arctic Monkeys, so I will be massively looking forward to both of those when they eventually arrive.

It's been slim pickings so far this year, with Everything Everything's album topping the list thus far.

My opinion on Everything Everything seems to be the same with every song I hear.

LOVE it when I first hear it. But literally about 2 listens later I hate it.

My opinion on Everything Everything seems to be the same with every song I hear.

LOVE it when I first hear it. But literally about 2 listens later I hate it.

Yeah I know where you're coming from; it's not my favourite album of all time, but just about the best one I've bought this calendar year. It gets a bit boring after a while in all honesty.

New albums from My Bloody Valentine, Atoms for Peace, Delphic, Joy Formidable and Everything Everything to check out this year alone...

Looking forward to Neon Neon, The Knife, Phoenix, Wolf People and probably most of all, Deltron 3030

New My Bloody Valentine is amazing. Can't wait for Deltron 3030 either.

Woah! I've just heard Peace's cover of Binary Finary's '1998'. Yep, remember that nostalgic trance number? It's been given some psyche-out space rock makeover by a load of Brummies who have an abum coming out this year. Can't wait!

Wut.  :blink:  I **** love 1998.  Imma go listen now...

Â