Best anti virus to download?

Rudy

I have a virus on my lap top. What is the best thing to download in an attempt to delete the virus? I have Norton anti virus but that didnt stop the problem occuring. Virus came from watching Villa yesterday on FrontRowSports!

Thanks

Google the name of the virus, there is probably a tool to remove it. 

I use Microsoft Security Essentials as a general day to day thing though. 

I have a virus on my lap top. What is the best thing to download in an attempt to delete the virus? I have Norton anti virus but that didnt stop the problem occuring. Virus came from watching Villa yesterday on FrontRowSports!

Thanks

Did you click on one of the adverts on FrontRowSports? A lot of those ads install spyware to your computer, so it could be that rather than a virus?

As a general rule, free antivirus programs are a bit rubbish but at least you have some choice.

Any one of AVG, MSE, Avira, Avast! or PandaCloud should do the job. Make sure you update them after install so you have the latest virus definitions. If I were you, after the antivirus scan I'd also install ad-aware and check for spyware.

What makes you think that?

Do the actual virus scan in "Safe Mode" when you have decided what to use. Hit F8 when you boot it up.

I use Avira AV and MalwareBytes  for anti malware.

Also, for clarity, is it Frontrow or Firstrow you were watching on?

What makes you think that?

I use Avira AV and MalwareBytes  for anti malware.

Malwarebytes is a great remover, the best actually. It doesn't do real-time scanning though so use it alongside something else, like above

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

We appear to have the Cutwail Spambot on the network at work and despite using various bits of software which all claim to catch it I havent found the little fecker.

I dont like Norton but looking at the reviews it is ranked very highly so may be forced to use it.

Thanks

I got a trojan from clicking on the "watch this in HD" link on Front Row.  The streaming stuff was ok, it's this link which caused the problem for me.  I think it was called Babylon, but I might be confusing it with one the antivirus identified as part of regular checks at another time.  It stopped me from updating antivirus and running removal programs.

Eventually got rid of it by going into safe mode and running Malwarebytes, Spybot, Adaware and Comodo.  Twice, because it managed to cling on after the first lot of sweeps.  Took about six hours, from memory.

Â