The Randy Lerner thread

CI

The FFP regs will not make it easier to compete all they will acheive is fixing the status of teams.

I notice Utd's quartlery turnover is nearly as high as our annual, therefore the regs will secure the teams that are already big and successful and are designed to appease the Utds and Barca's against more City anfd Malaga style take overs.

Depending on how the regs are enforced then Lerner selling to the Qatari Royal Family will do little to help our lot.

Sure we could probably spend what we have more effectively and a new CEO might help with that but it certainly wont give us the instant fix we're all hoping for.

The FFP regs will not make it easier to compete all they will acheive is fixing the status of teams.

I notice Utd's quartlery turnover is nearly as high as our annual, therefore the regs will secure the teams that are already big and successful and are designed to appease the Utds and Barca's against more City anfd Malaga style take overs.

Depending on how the regs are enforced then Lerner selling to the Qatari Royal Family will do little to help our lot.

Sure we could probably spend what we have more effectively and a new CEO might help with that but it certainly wont give us the instant fix we're all hoping for.

Or our ground, shirts and training ground could be sponsored for £400m a la Citeh

The FFP are absolutely a white elephant, they will not solve anything and merely allow the status quo to be maintained and give some owners an easy excuse

If you are rich enough they are avoidable

Agree that the rules are not going to make any differnce to those outside the elite. At first they looked like they were designed to stop spending madness, but clearly this going to maintain a status quo where in order to break the champions league, you need to spend a bucketload of cash you don't have, which doesn't comply. It's been said many a time, but the Champions League is RUINING European football. It's also ruined us on a couple of occasions, with people like Downing pathetically spewing the "I'm at a crossroads, I want to play in the greatest stage of football etc etc".

If football moves on, we must move on. If we are to compete for any kind of recognition or silverware in the future, we need some new multi-billionaire oil tycoons. It's pathetic, wrong and does not sit well with me at all, but that's what has to happen. Any alternative (the morally 'correct' route to take) such as building from grassroots, bringing up outstanding youth players from our widely applauded Academy results in

a) Player has awesome season with us when promoted to first team league action

B) Player leaves if Champions League conteding team wants them.

So...just as bad really.

...and to think that they're going to change Academy rules to make it ever HARDER for teams below us and far beyond to sign youth players for reasonable prices just goes to show the rich get richer.

The FFP are absolutely a white elephant, they will not solve anything and merely allow the status quo to be maintained and give some owners an easy excuse

If you are rich enough they are avoidable

Unfortunately our owner isn't rich enough though to give a massive sponsership deal like Man City.

Sunderland are concerned by it as well, there owner doesn't seem like he is just looking for an excuse? It probably wont make any difference to the big clubs, but UEFA could quite happily screw over Villa to set an example.

That would suit me. A new CEO/board with football knowledge/experience and a manager we could all get behind. I would be happy!

Perhaps Randy is turning up to tell us fans absolutely everything, spend shit loads and run the club perfectly.

Then he would be a good owner overnight.

Or perhaps he might have to spell it out for some folk who want it drawn in crayon and just use it as an excuse to abuse every 5 minutes.

Don't you ever get bored posting sly digs? Change the record will ya, it's really really boring now.

I hope this is true: http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/welcome-to-the-midlands-who-remembers-media-mate?commentId=6365595%3AComment%3A206835&xg_source=activity

You know what it’s a small World, people say it all the time but is really is. I had the honour of attending some close friends wedding this weekend and who should appear at the at the reception? MM (not to be confused with MysteryMan), the man who worked at SkySportsNews, the man who’s scatter gun approach to rumour flinging made him popular and despised in equal measure.

His life is going swimmingly, from dancing with Davina to recently being selected to host a pilot for a potential prime time terrestrial TV game show, so soon he could be a house hold name, but for now he shall remain as the one and only MM.

So after some severe ribbing about his hair cut and his new pose to hide the fact he’s got a big chin, I tapped MM up for some of the media rumours around football… (remember these are journalistic or mystery tip-offs received by SkySportsNews, you must understand that they receive hundreds if not thousands of “tip-offs” everyday from people claiming to be in the know but are not able to quantify their information, but some of them are very, very good for a bit of rumour mongering. As much as people like to think SSN will put out any story on a whim, you must understand that every time they say “Sky Sports News understands…” that rumour has been through many, many pairs of hands and is only released to the news desk when the bosses are happy there is enough suggestive evidence.)

MM promised he would get in touch and get back to me, so this morning I check my e-mails and true to his word MM has forwarded an e-mail. For obvious reasons I can’t show you the screen shot of the e-mail because it contains the information of both parties, however I will copy and paste the text. Interesting reading….

Hey Matt, as requested – Randy Lerner has contacted officials of Sheikh Hamad Bin Jassim Bin Jabr ­Al-Thani, you remember him right! Rumours have been that the Qatari’s are looking at other Premier League clubs after being frustrated by a lack of movement at MU. This has prompted several chairman to contact the Sheikh’s offices with the aim of raising interest in their club. Kenwright at Everton seem to have been rebuffed for reasons unknown.

However the latest club to make contact is Aston Villa, the source believes Lerner would be looking for £130-150m for the club, and the Qatari’s are interested. The source (the same one who gave me Venkys) went on to say that several key factors play in to the hands of Aston Villa which makes them far more desirable than say Everton or Blackburn. Watch this space is all i can say, it would seem the horse has bolted and soon there will be another big player in the Premier League money stakes.

Hope that helps, catch up soon mate

I hope this is true: http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/welcome-to-the-midlands-who-remembers-media-mate?commentId=6365595%3AComment%3A206835&xg_source=activity

You know what it’s a small World, people say it all the time but is really is. I had the honour of attending some close friends wedding this weekend and who should appear at the at the reception? MM (not to be confused with MysteryMan), the man who worked at SkySportsNews, the man who’s scatter gun approach to rumour flinging made him popular and despised in equal measure.

His life is going swimmingly, from dancing with Davina to recently being selected to host a pilot for a potential prime time terrestrial TV game show, so soon he could be a house hold name, but for now he shall remain as the one and only MM.

So after some severe ribbing about his hair cut and his new pose to hide the fact he’s got a big chin, I tapped MM up for some of the media rumours around football… (remember these are journalistic or mystery tip-offs received by SkySportsNews, you must understand that they receive hundreds if not thousands of “tip-offs” everyday from people claiming to be in the know but are not able to quantify their information, but some of them are very, very good for a bit of rumour mongering. As much as people like to think SSN will put out any story on a whim, you must understand that every time they say “Sky Sports News understands…” that rumour has been through many, many pairs of hands and is only released to the news desk when the bosses are happy there is enough suggestive evidence.)

MM promised he would get in touch and get back to me, so this morning I check my e-mails and true to his word MM has forwarded an e-mail. For obvious reasons I can’t show you the screen shot of the e-mail because it contains the information of both parties, however I will copy and paste the text. Interesting reading….

Hey Matt, as requested – Randy Lerner has contacted officials of Sheikh Hamad Bin Jassim Bin Jabr ­Al-Thani, you remember him right! Rumours have been that the Qatari’s are looking at other Premier League clubs after being frustrated by a lack of movement at MU. This has prompted several chairman to contact the Sheikh’s offices with the aim of raising interest in their club. Kenwright at Everton seem to have been rebuffed for reasons unknown.

However the latest club to make contact is Aston Villa, the source believes Lerner would be looking for £130-150m for the club, and the Qatari’s are interested. The source (the same one who gave me Venkys) went on to say that several key factors play in to the hands of Aston Villa which makes them far more desirable than say Everton or Blackburn. Watch this space is all i can say, it would seem the horse has bolted and soon there will be another big player in the Premier League money stakes.

Hope that helps, catch up soon mate

That sounds too good to be true, but I'd welcome it to be :D .

At what point does a billionaire's money become too obscene? We were all delighted when Big Money Lerner took over and started spending wildly. There were probably dozens of other clubs who were envious and thought it unfair and detrimental to the game. But it seemed like our sweepstakes winner.

So if some Arabs who can buy and sell Lerner a hundred times over come knocking, who is gonna say they think it's wrong? If it's wrong now, it was wrong when Lerner took over too.

Â