The Randy Lerner thread

CI

Lerner has not been good for Aston Villa.

We can perhaps put it down to naive enthusiasm when he first took over, but he lost all financial control.

The club is still paying for that now, and as a result we have one of the thinnest squads in the league and relegation is a distinct possibility this season. Relegation would be a disaster for the football club. If we carry on down this road our uck will run out and we will be relegated.

Bad business decisions cost us. His 'Five year Plan' never survived beyond the third year. It failed. The buck stops with him.

Also the utterly bizarre decision to give Alex McLeish the manager's job should on its own be enough evidence for anyone that this is not the man to take us forward. That was simply insane.

Lerner's not been good for Villa? Yes that's right let's all blame Randy Lerner for everything!

• It was his fault for giving Martin O'Neill all the millions to spend on players and build this club back up. (yet funny enough it's the same people on here who want Harry Redknapp to come and do the exact same thing)? Hypocrites R us!

Hell let's all blame him on this over spending and that it's his fault for the whole global recession!

I noticed when the millions where being spent (on players, the training ground, the work done in and around villa park etc.) not many were grumbling then were they!

Lerner's not been good for Villa? Yes that's right let's all blame Randy Lerner for everything!

• It was his fault for giving Martin O'Neill all the millions to spend on players and build this club back up. (yet funny enough it's the same people on here who want Harry Redknapp to come and do the exact same thing)? Hypocrites R us!

Hell let's all blame him on this over spending and that it's his fault for the whole global recession!

I noticed when the millions where being spent (on players, the training ground, the work done in and around villa park etc.) not many were grumbling then were they!

Some of us thought he had a long term plan and knew what a wage structure was.

Turns out he had neither. Who would have thunk it!

So what is your ideal solution? What do you want to happen? Let us hear your vision for solving the all the problems you have identified.

Still waiting for an answer to my question........

In my opinion the only mistake Lerner made was trusting MON with boat loads of money, which was partially wasted on players (NRC, Sidwell, Shorey, Harewood, Beye) who all left for nothing after being on big contracts for a number of years, oh and appointing McLeish.

Our owner is doing exactly the right thing now by picking a manager that a large section of fans (myself included) wanted. He backed him with £20m in the summer and (hopefully) will continue to back him in January. The fact that Lambert has spent the money on some inexperienced players is not Lerners fault at all. Fairly sure the Lambert appointment is a long-term project and we won't really know if it shows any signs of being a success until at least March/April next year.

I will only criticise Lerner if he puts our Premiership future at risk by not backing Lambert in January, when our squad is clearly lacking in key areas.

Still waiting for an answer to my question........

I want him to sell up and leave. That would solve his running of the club.

What will come back is stuff like:

"who would buy us"

"we could have owners like the bluenoses"

To which id say that most owners will have more of a clue that the current board and if they sold responsibly we wouldnt get bad owners.

The latter i worry about. Lets face it Dougs last job before taking us all for £70mil+ was selling us to a yank who didnt know what a budget was.

I want him to sell up and leave. That would solve his running of the club.

What will come back is stuff like:

"who would buy us"

"we could have owners like the bluenoses"

To which id say that most owners will have more of a clue that the current board and if they sold responsibly we wouldnt get bad owners.

The latter i worry about. Lets face it Dougs last job before taking us all for £70mil+ was selling us to a yank who didnt know what a budget was.

Serious question.... did Lerner shag your missus or something? Your hatred of him seems a little....er...... pathalogical?

Serious question.... did Lerner shag your missus or something? Your hatred of him seems a little....er...... pathalogical?

I think so. From his blog......

If you think that then imagine your partner comes home and says they have cheated on you and got a STI but its okay as they have now bought a new coat. Would you go. Oh ok…. they have a new coat. No. Stop been as silly as this analogy!

Quality stuff.

Is it not just one person who wants Harry Redknapp?

Our major problem was our wages to turnover ratio. Could you let me know who at the club should have more knowledge of the money coming in and the money going out than the owner? Could you let me know who at the club had more power to control finances than the owner?

You'll notice there was no moaning because we believed we had a good owner in charge. I would imagine if people had known what the following 2 and a half years would look like there would have been plenty of people voicing concerns.

So to summarise 327 pages.

Randy Lerner has done some good stuff. He has also done some bad stuff. In conclusion, he's an alright owner and better than Ellis.

Is he better than Doug?

Is our reputation any better? Are we able to sign better players? Do we finish higher in the league? Are attendances lots better? Is the enjoyment of watching the team better?

How is supporting villa under Lerner better than supporting villa under Doug? Right now what's different?

We protested, we held up £ signs we chanted songs wanting him out. And for what? Survival and cutting costs? Is that what people who protested imagined would be the future once Doug had gone?

Why did people want Doug gone if the last 2 and a half years are fine?

Is he better than Doug?

Is our reputation any better? Are we able to sign better players? Do we finish higher in the league? Are attendances lots better? Is the enjoyment of watching the team better?

How is supporting villa under Lerner better than supporting villa under Doug? Right now what's different?

We protested, we held up £ signs we chanted songs wanting him out. And for what? Survival and cutting costs? Is that what people who protested imagined would be the future once Doug had gone?

Why did people want Doug gone if the last 2 and a half years are fine?

He did everything we wanted him to do when he came - and we came so so close.

But it didn't work.

Yet you say he doesnt care? If he didn't care he could of left?

The past two shitty years have been about saving us from going under.

Â