The Randy Lerner thread

CI

Mr Lerner,

We don't bounce the ball up and down a court and shoot it into a basket.

We don't hit a small ball with a rounded wooden bat and then leg it around a square on our way home.

We don't dress up like padded freaks and chase an over-sized egg with the intention of putting it on the floor by some big sticks.

What we do is kick or head a round ball (occasionally using other legitimate parts of the body too) with the intention of scoring a goal in the other teams net. It's called football and it is becoming more apparent every day that you now nothing about it and what makes it such a wonderful game to play and support.

Bearing this in mind I suggest you return to the USA having sold the club to someone who knows what the heck they are doing and what the game is all about.

I'm not going to slate Lerner like some on here because I really appreiciate what he's done for the club since he arrived but surely he can see the need and provide the funds for a couple new players this January.

You appreciate the fact where now worse than before he took over?

I can understand him being a 'man in the background' type of chairman but it's not like we hear from Faulkner either.

We could do with a statement of intent from either of them.

only problem there is that there would actually have to be intent in order for there to be a statment of intent.

Edited by powell91

I'm really not sure what Lerner could do now. Personally I think the damage has already been done. Even if Randy said "here's £40m, go and find the players who are going to keep us up." Lambert has stated he's not going for experience, so which young players with premier league experience would want to come?

Randys ploughed millions in, but surely he realises if we DO go down, it will seriously devalue the club if he wants to sell. I honestly don't see where we go from here, but if we carry on as we are, we're going down

You appreciate the fact where now worse than before he took over?

Didn't we finish 16th in dougs last season. Still very possible to achieve this season. Add into the funding he gave mon to try and get CL football which was a gamble which didn't pay off. And not that it means much now to matters on the pitch but all of the things that have improved off it goes to show he wanted success but maybe was a little to for want of a better word enthusiastic.

Unfortunately I think he's going the completely to the other end of the scale and not putting enough in.

http://www.transferleague.co.uk/premiership-transfers/aston-villa-transfers.html Lerner gets a lot of stick but he has backed every manager, under Oneil everybody wanted an owner like Lerner, If you look Lambert has spent £23mil on the players we have, thats not down to Lerner where we are its Lambert who spent them millions on some poor players IMO

http://www.transferl...-transfers.html Lerner gets a lot of stick but he has backed every manager, under Oneil everybody wanted an owner like Lerner, If you look Lambert has spent £23mil on the players we have, thats not down to Lerner where we are its Lambert who spent them millions on some poor players IMO

What choice did he have!!!

The chairman wants the wage bill slashed? Did you think Lambert was going to do what BFM did and just sign 3 players on 60k+ a week deal over 5 years!!!

This squad needed players gone and players in over numerous positions. 20m got us exactly what we see on the pitch and you quite simply get what you pay for.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

The bottom line is that the common denominator over the last seasons of abject failure has been Lerner. A succession of managers appointed by him and his incompetent sidekick Faulkner have led to the situation we now find ourselves in.

Nobody can justifiably defend this level of incompetent mismanagement. If he was running the company you worked for or the bank where you had all your savings you would be screaming for his head.

He is a bad fit for Villa as he was for the Cleveland Browns. Until such time as he goes we will continue to suffer.

Support him and reap what you sow.

• Like 1

He backed Lambert in the summer. The signings aren't working. It's easy to blame PL for this as he signed the players but this whole wage bill issue is whats really got us in this mess IMO. PL had to go to other divisions to find players who won't want £X a week.

What choice did he have!!!

The chairman wants the wage bill slashed? Did you think Lambert was going to do what BFM did and just sign 3 players on 60k+ a week deal over 5 years!!!

This squad needed players gone and players in over numerous positions. 20m got us exactly what we see on the pitch and you quite simply get what you pay for.

It amazes me that some people will actually dispute this!

Â