The Randy Lerner thread

CI

GK threatened people? Really!?

I don't recall that

Maybe not out and out threats, but definitely a few "come and say that to my face" type comments.

This reminds me of those fans who yell all manner of abuse at players and then run off bleating to the nearest policeman when they get a mouthful back.

Bearing in mind some of the abuse he has taken in the past couple of years I wouldn't have blamed GK had he called out some of the keyboard warriors.

I agree. Had I took some of the stick he did I'd be reaching for the duelling pistols too.

On the subject of this email: is it right to be publishing what is essentially private correspondence?

I'm no different to any other fan and like to know what's going on behind the scenes but this seems a bit like dodgy ground to me.

Still, as communication is so poor it's only to be expected.

The General seems to be hinting at something happening "when we're safe" although I'm not holding my breath.

Change of manager? New investors/owners? More bosman announcements? Or just reading something into nothing.

I think what the General has said to Denis is fair enough.

He may have put it a bit abruptly, but given the tone of the note he was responding to, it's perfectly acceptable, imo.

The key to me is he says they are frustrated.

He doesn't say that they shouldn't sack the manager, just that they shouldn't sack him with 4 games to go.

Which I agree with. I don't want McLeish here, but I think we are going to limp over the line. Sacking him now would put that in jeopardy, we don't know how the players would respond (look at Wolves)

If we start next season with mcLeish in charge, then the general's note will annoy me as much as it annoys everyone else. I just hope that the frustration he mentions will cause them to take action once the season is over.

I'm waiting for his explanation for disappearing off these forums when the going got tough

A bit like abandoning ship

I'd have much more respect for him if he'd stuck around or at least explain the disappearing act

I'm waiting for his explanation for disappearing off these forums when the going got tough

A bit like abandoning ship

I'd have much more respect for him if he'd stuck around or at least explain the disappearing act

He was effectively told by a few on that thread that nothing he had to say had any value or credit with the supporters any more so he might as well **** off - or words to that effect.

I don't really blame him. Why would you waste your time communicating with people who at best don't want to hear what you have to say or at worst abuse you for it?

Seems to me a very decent response to a pretty indecent question. I don't know what people want from a man who isn't directly involved.

Indecent? Sarcastic at worse surely? Something the General seemed to revel in when he used to post. Not directly involved? Well I think from his answer he thinks he is directly involved and is still to my knowledge a NED on the Board whether he is here or not.

As regards publishing this email, he didn't say I couldn't and surely a man who used to enjoy publicity the way he did would have no problem, in any case this seems to be the only way to get anyone on the 'inside' view of our current predicament, that they got us into.

Seems to me a very decent response to a pretty indecent question. I don't know what people want from a man who isn't directly involved.

Indecent? Sarcastic at worse surely? Something the General seemed to revel in when he used to post. Not directly involved? Well I think from his answer he thinks he is directly involved and is still to my knowledge a NED on the Board whether he is here or not.

As regards publishing this email, he didn't say I couldn't and surely a man who used to enjoy publicity the way he did would have no problem, in any case this seems to be the only way to get anyone on the 'inside' view of our current predicament, that they got us into.

I suspect he wrote it in full expectation it would be published which is fair enough.

I dont know, I dont think the absence of a restriction is the same as permission.

In fact, as somebody who has had to study internet law in all it's tedium, it is good practice not to publish private correspondence without permission.

In any case, there isnt anything too explicit there and I doubt the General would mind all that much.

He's no fool and must realise there is a chance of this happening when responding to fans in this way.

I don't think the question was indecent, but I think the way it was asked was vergin on indecent.

I think the General's showed more respect to you in his answer than you did to him in the question.

I do suspect that perhaps Gen K. got a bit shafted by Lerner & Faulkner last summer when he said he would be backed in the transfer market. Either he was just guessing that would happen or was told it would happen and then the plan was changed without telling him.

If he is on the board still he should have toughed it out on here, just going silent on us probably made it a whole lot worse.

At least if he was on here the club would be in no doubt about the fans views on the current baboon they have employed as manager.

Regardless of any 'abuse' GK was given I suspect over everything else he just got a bit bored of answering the same questions, constantly repeating himself and the way both ourselves and press would over analyse almost everything he said. Furthermore he isn't as closely linked to the Villa any more and has almost a proper job.

I thought it was a good idea at the time but if he came back or stayed away I'd be fairly ambivalent to either.

I also know that other members of the forum have had emails from him but have chosen not to share them.

What is Faulkers email? I've Put together a 1000 word email about things.

I sent him an email last week. Very polite.

I simply asked as he himself had stated our target was europe wht he thought of the season now.

Still waiting for a reply so I wouldnt bother.

Â