The Randy Lerner thread

CI

Every single club in the Midlands is up for sale, us, the Albion, Wolves, small heath - the lot. Everton have been for sale for getting on for a decade. There's nothing on the immediate horizon and it might be this way for some time. Lerner could drop the price to a ridiculously low level to get rid, but all that would succeed in doing is losing him a fortune and getting us an owner that can't afford to do anything with us. It's a horrible limbo. Drowning slowly. I think our best bet is that Lerner runs out of new mistakes and becomes better at this - at least for now.

Edited by OutByEaster?
  • Like 1

Everton aren't for sale to the same extent as we are, and if some Everton fans are to be believed they aren't for sale at all because Kenwright doesn't want to let go, a bit like Ellis used to be with us. Wolves and Albion have only just gone on the market and we know there was strong interest in China for Albion, but if fell through, I presume because of the economic troubles over there. As for sha it's very difficult to sell that club because they need to be sold in 'tranches' as far as I'm aware.

Edited by useless

Every single club in the Midlands is up for sale, us, the Albion, Wolves, small heath - the lot. Everton have been for sale for getting on for a decade. There's nothing on the immediate horizon and it might be this way for some time. Lerner could drop the price to a ridiculously low level to get rid, but all that would succeed in doing is losing him a fortune and getting us an owner that can't afford to do anything with us. It's a horrible limbo. Drowning slowly. I think our best bet is that Lerner runs out of new mistakes and becomes better at this - at least for now.

Im no financial wizard but I've seen plenty of research to show that over time a Clubs league position will equate broadly to its salary spend.

As such, we don't need the owner to perform miracles, just pay the same rrate" plus one" as Everton or whoever.

It would cost him, but should be manageable ( if they can do it ....)That should be the target from the fans, compete on wages or we won't turn up full stop.

I'm not sure he is as keen to go as he makes out he is in public. There is no real outcry for him to go and fans have been accepting the crap for a while now. He has most teetering on the edge of what might be, if there is a takeover - whilst cutting even more and letting the club slip deeper into a coma. He has no reason to go.

The club's for sale and we pretty much know that one group had agreed a fee of £175M and that they weren't even the group with the leading bid. One question might be why do these deals keep falling through, if Lerner's so desperate to sell. But then again if he wasn't he wouldn't be having the discussions in the first place.

Edited by useless

Lerner says he wants to sell, maybe he even does to some degree, but currently he is all talk. It's easy to say he wants to sell the club but we have little evidence that this is a serious statement. It's well noted that clubs aren't selling easily but simply saying he wants to sell isn't good enough for me to give him a free ride because he said he wants to go. He might be asking too much, he might be adding too much debt, he might be adding all sorts of caveats. I'm not sure he's a motivated seller at all, but saying he's happy to sell is an easy way of preventing 'Lerner Out' protests - it just needs rewording. 

Great post and I can't disagree with any of it! He has done enough to keep the majority of fans at bay. At the end of the season IF we can stay in the division the club will be worth more than it ever has been in its history. Next season £5.136bn of TV money is incoming and as a business man he will not be walking away from such a huge influx of cash. He is sitting tight and waiting for the money. Saying we are up for sale was a route to silence us after yet another relegation battle. My concern is how close he skirts to danger. £8.25 million was invested in the summer which in the grand scheme of things is insignificant. After Martin O'Neill he has cut back dramatically. I said at the time that I think the Mcleish appointment was his tricks at work to keep fans at bay. I can't help but think Mcleish was the fall guy for significant cuts. We were always going to suffer with the dramatic drop in fees, wages and player sales but by appointing our arch rivals manager it was never going to fall at Lerners door. Then there was the Lambert transition spiel. Now here we are again and I really think we should take a step back and look at the big picture. There is a mainstay through the clubs problems which should be looked at before the constant damnation of players and manager. I really want Sherwood to succeed because I actually like the bloke and I think anyone who takes the job is brave. I doubt anyone of reputation or stature would work under the hierarchies restraints anyway. It is that desperate that in the past Ole Gunnar Solskjaer turned us down FFS.

Can someone please explain the logic behind the fans singing 'we want Lerner out'? The guy wants to sell us, he wants out as soon as he can. He isn't an angel, but he also isn't the one managing that shambles!

Just to remind him that we haven't forgotten what he is doing to the club and that he is incredibly disliked.

• Like 1

Can someone please explain the logic behind the fans singing 'we want Lerner out'? The guy wants to sell us, he wants out as soon as he can. He isn't an angel, but he also isn't the one managing that shambles!

Because it scans a lot easier than "Randy Lerner you're an absolute buffoon who has run this club into the ground for 6 years, made numerous idiotic decisions and who demonstrates you don't have to be smart to inherit a fortune. We know you want out, we want you out but we just want you to know we will be glad to see the back of you and your alleged tattoo." 

• Like 4

People keep saying he wants out. He doesn't. He wants the right amount of money, because his financial interests are more important to him than this club with over 100 years of history and generations of hundreds of thousands of fans who love it. 

I'm glad collymore is using his media outlets to give Lerner the stick he deserves. I hope once we are relegated it gets even worse.

Â