The Randy Lerner thread

CI

Check his spend at his time here, show me facts it's £8m.

WRONG

We spent 8m this season. He sold off our best players, so they didn't turn up either. Of course I'm sure he hoped our worst manager ever would be there after the four year contract, but hey. LERNER RULEZ!
Ah, Delph and Benteke were playing for Arsenal today then? Explains a lot, hadn't realised we sold them.

Lerner's fault we failed to compete today? No. Lerner's fault that we finished 17th and have been an embarrassment for four seasons running? Absolutely.

He needs to **** off!

• Like 3

Am I the only one who couldnt give a toss about Randy Lerner? We were woeful for half a season because of Lambert not Lerner. Yeah he didnt put his hand is his pocket but our team was a lot worse than the players it contained. Moaning about him after losing a final is nothing short of pathetic tbh.

• Like 3

Lerner's fault we failed to compete today? No. Lerner's fault that we finished 17th and have been an embarrassment for four seasons running? Absolutely.

He needs to **** off!

Yep I'd agree with that.

• Like 1

Am I the only one who couldnt give a toss about Randy Lerner? We were woeful for half a season because of Lambert not Lerner. Yeah he didnt put his hand is his pocket but our team was a lot worse than the players it contained. Moaning about him after losing a final is nothing short of pathetic tbh.

I've been moaning about him for the last three years, and rightly so IMO.

• Like 2

Agree, it's very Newcastle.

• Like 1

It's sad I backed him massively for the first 4-5 years....even the year MON went and he was getting massive stick for not spending despite us signing Darren Bent...he lost me at McLeish though.

Must admit I find it amusing the few games he turns up to we lose 3-0 or 4-0 so at least he's suffering with the rest of us.

Please sell a.s.a.p.

• Like 1

When should we moan? After we're relegated?

38, 41, 38, 38

That's the points total the last 4 years. That's pathetic.

• Like 1

So that's the end of the Randy Lerner era regardless if we are sold or not. Chances of seeing this man again are zero. Some good times and bad times. In that time we have finished top 6 and 17th, quite the roller coaster. Seen quality players come and go but also have seen a lot of rubbish at the club. Never hated the man like people do here and I never will but he lost my and I think millions of other support after McLeish. Past few seasons have been absolutely dreadful as a fan. I think it's time for him to move on I think deep down he knows that too. I thought yesterday's game summed up his era; close but not close enough.

• Like 1

So that's the end of the Randy Lerner era regardless if we are sold or not. Chances of seeing this man again are zero. Some good times and bad times. In that time we have finished top 6 and 17th, quite the roller coaster. Seen quality players come and go but also have seen a lot of rubbish at the club. Never hated the man like people do here and I never will but he lost my and I think millions of other support after McLeish. Past few seasons have been absolutely dreadful as a fan. I think it's time for him to move on I think deep down he knows that too. I thought yesterday's game summed up his era; close but not close enough.

Good and fair post.

Agree, it's very Newcastle.

And that half a season came after that awful manager was rewarded with a new 4 year contract.

This.

From something that started so brightly to something I don't recognise as my football club. The Mcleish appointment was just one of many poor football decisions that have led us to where we are today, falling behind clubs much smaller and less successful. He has overseen a tenure that has stripped us of our identity and turned us into a laughing stock amongst the football community and media. I won't be sad to see him go, I just hope that if we are taken over it will be by people who know how to run a football club.

• Like 2

Â