The Randy Lerner thread

CI

The American 'Phoenix Group' just seem like a division of Merril Lynch, from what I can make out. Like I say If they have anything to do with anything I think it would be more likely that they're just helping out, rather than actually buying us.

Darn.

That was all needed for me to get excited again! Go Phoenix. B)

Only read the first book from TSF, that was certainly a blast. He doesn't strike me as one to post unsubstantiated things just for the attention. Hopefully it's his real account, and there's something up.

Darn.

That was all needed for me to get excited again! Go Phoenix. B)

Only read the first book from TSF, that was certainly a blast. He doesn't strike me as one to post unsubstantiated things just for the attention. Hopefully it's his real account, and there's something up.

What would Dave Kitson know about the ongoings at Villa though?

Do we even know if 'the secret footballer' is really a footballer and not just a journalist. Wouldn't be a good idea to tweet rubbish knowing that he's got books to sell based on his reputation as having an inside track on what's going on behind the scenes.

Edited by useless

Do we even know if 'the secret footballer' is really a footballer and not just a journalist. Wouldn't be a good idea to tweet rubbish knowing that he's got books to sell based on his reputation as having and inside track on what's going on behind the scenes.

The only thing I'm certain of is that it isn't just 1 person

• Like 1

I believe it is not the British company called The Phoenix Group it is the American company which is linked to Merril Lynch. It all seems very random to me.

Probably already posted so can't be arsed to look but weren't merril lynch tasked to find buyers by randy? Sure it was in the statement Lerner made !
  • Like 1

I believe it is not the British company called The Phoenix Group it is the American company which is linked to Merril Lynch. It all seems very random to me.

Probably already posted so can't be arsed to look but weren't merril lynch tasked to find buyers by randy? Sure it was in the statement Lerner made !

Yes - it was a couple of M&A guys from Bank of America Merrill Lynch (BAML).

Josh Whipple was one, but can't recall the other guys name.

Edited by Morley_crosses_to_Withe

Randy Lerner has put a £150million price tag on Aston Villa after fresh interest following the new mega TV rights deal.

Bank of America are still trying to sell the club for wantaway US-based businessman Lerner, who has stopped Villa’s costly cash losses.

The new £5.136bn Premier League TV deal makes the Birmingham club even more attractive to buyers.

Potential bidders include American outfit the Phoenix Group plus a Qatari consortium, members of whom recently attended the Chelsea game.

But with the Villans currently second-bottom of the Premier League and battling to retain their top-flight status, MirrorSport understands no deal is close or expected to be done until the club are safe from relegation.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/aston-villa-sale-150m-massive-5224048

I'll believe it when a signed contract is scanned to the OS, a statement is made by Randy, and I see his birth certificate to prove he's American.

Until then, no deal is done.

I'll believe it when a signed contract is scanned to the OS, a statement is made by Randy, and I see his birth certificate to prove he's American.

But...it's on Twitter and in the Mirror.

But...it's on Twitter and in the Mirror.
Oh.. Well in that case..

382.gif

Edited by Sam3773
  • Like 2

Â