The Randy Lerner thread

CI

The general consensus amongst fans is that we want him gone but we can't have it both ways by complaining when he tries to put us in the best shape for sale.

I guess it depends on what you think best shape for a sale is.

This time next year we could well be without a manager, lose 3 key players for nothing and once again finish low allowing other teams to gain a financial advantage over us.

If you think that's putting us in a good shape for a sale then I guess you can't complain, I however think he's making it more difficult and making us less of an attractive option the longer this goes on.

Seriously, if no one wants us now why will they want us next summer?

• Like 2

I can just imagine the new CEO's first week at the club...

Monday

CEO - "I've checked out the state of the team Randy and you need to invest £40m so that the manager can build a squad that can compete. You can't succeed on the cheap."

Randy - "You're fired."

Who da fuk is jonny gould anyway

he's a villa fan of many years standing involved in media (radio,tv). Was involved with vfc during the unrest years ago along with howard hodgson senior myself and fear and many others. He knows phil harris who is looking for prospective buyers. Met him when during the protests etc is a genuine nuce bloke who doesn't post much regaeding villa on social media. Upto you to make your minds up on his credibility.
  • Like 1

What the hell have all the CEO's at the club done for the past 8 years? Makes no difference who is employed.

Dunno an enterprising CEO could make the world of difference - what we need is someone who can grow the club, land big sponsorship deals, recruit good managers. What we have had over the past few years is what i call "bean counters" - they work within the current financial constraints and have no vision how to make the club grow.

would love Graham Taylor as CEO

A CEO of the calibre you speak of will know the task is impossible under the financial restrictions imposed by the owner as well as UEFA.

I won't start mentioning random names in the Randy Lerner thread but for the new CEO how about someone like John Williams who was at Blackburn. I think he was pretty highly rated and might be someone we could attract in our current state. Also I think he's considered to be a 'football man' which I'm guessing might be the reason why Faulkner is being replaced.

If it was a stab at......filthy rich owners are put off by the FFP rules or interested parties but cannot raise enough money to turn villa around.

I would suspect the latter.

I think the former is just wishful thinking.

I think we would already be sold without those rules

wot ..you don't think Lerner was open to offers before FFP came into force ?

If it was a stab at......filthy rich owners are put off by the FFP rules or interested parties but cannot raise enough money to turn villa around.

I would suspect the latter.

I think the former is just wishful thinking.

I think we would already be sold without those rules

.......I don't

I won't start mentioning random names in the Randy Lerner thread but for the new CEO how about someone like John Williams who was at Blackburn. I think he was pretty highly rated and might be someone we could attract in our current state. Also I think he's considered to be a 'football man' which I'm guessing might be the reason why Faulkner is being replaced.

He would be good, or would have been but Man City snapped him up in 2011.

• Like 1

25yYc0Nh.jpg

Probably Gerrard Houllier :lol:

Reading this ^^ post made me wonder how people on here would now feel if Lerner sold the club to Red Bull?

I'm not suggesting for one second that he would sell to them or, that they are interested. Just wondering if people against that idea have had a change of heart with no other apparent buyers interested in us.

25yYc0Nh.jpg

Probably Gerrard Houllier :lol:
Reading this ^^ post made me wonder how people on here would now feel if Lerner sold the club to Red Bull?

I'm not suggesting for one second that he would sell to them or, that they are interested. Just wondering if people against that idea have had a change of heart with no other apparent buyers interested in us.

I've always preferred to have red bull take us over if it means Lerner gone. The alternative is eventual Championship football or worse.

But at least we'll still be playing in claret and blue at Villa Park.

Left us as he found us then?

We are further away from 4th than ever before, back then we could still compete and had a good team of players. If only we had the likes of Bouma and Mellberg now!

A hell of a lot of that is to do with FFP though - there's no chance of getting into that elusive group without ridiculous investment and ability to swallow massive fines. It is now a truly closed shop and will be until the change the rules to actually make things fair. It's the reason we are seemingly struggling to find a buyer - what's the point of owning us?

• Like 1

Left us as he found us then?

Even if that is true ,  and actualy he has left us worse than he found us,  then he has failed

I said mid table board for a mid table club and I recall that phrase troubled you lex well now i see why,  they arent even mid table board

• Like 2

Â