The Randy Lerner thread

CI

The bottom line is that Lerner has stood by Lambert, as my friend rightly said, but only because Lambert has agreed, somewhere along the line, to never mention the fact that he has no real money to spend.

The Secret Footballer's source at Villa. Says the Albrighton train story is bollocks.

http://www.thesecretfootballer.com/articles/the-secret-footballer/16584/backroom-harmony-at-villa-turns-sour/

Jesus... depressing stuff - more proof if it were needed that Randolph is a waaay bigger problem for us than Lambert ever will be

• Like 1

The bottom line is that Lerner has stood by Lambert, as my friend rightly said, but only because Lambert has agreed, somewhere along the line, to never mention the fact that he has no real money to spend.

Lambert is an extension of Lerner’s business model for Villa, which is to stay in the Premier League using a mixture of cheap foreign imports and home-grown youth.

Very very worrying stuff. 

Despite all the forum rumours, I still don't think a takeover is imminent. Lerner is just happy to keep Villa at their current level on a shoestring budget. 

I wouldn't trust anything the 'secret football' has to say seems like he can say anything he wants and get away with it because he's anonymous, I wonder if he's any more reliable than 'Sky Sources'.

All that article really says that we didn't already know is that Albrighton went home with the rest of the team and even that might not be true.

I've thought it for awhile that our plan is to survive on the cheap until the club is sold.

Lambert might have thought he'd be able to do more. I wonder how far he'll let his reputation drop before walking.

I wouldn't trust anything the 'secret football' has to say seems like he can say anything he wants and get away with it because he's anonymous, I wonder if he's any more reliable than 'Sky Sources'.

All that article really says that we didn't already know is that Albrighton went home with the rest of the team and even that might not be true.

I think what he says makes much more sense than the idea that these 2 have been disrupting training and bullying people for months.

• Like 1

The Secret Footballer's source at Villa. Says the Albrighton train story is bollocks.

http://www.thesecretfootballer.com/articles/the-secret-footballer/16584/backroom-harmony-at-villa-turns-sour/

Jesus... depressing stuff - more proof if it were needed that Randolph is a waaay bigger problem for us than Lambert ever will be

Yes, if an anonymous person on the internet says it, then it must be true so can be taken as proof. They don't let just anyone have a website after all. 

• Like 2

The line is that story 'The club needed to do something' - to me is a lot more beleivable than Lambert falling out with not one but two - of his coaching staff - who he has got on perfectly fine with for 8 years.

The line is that story 'The club needed to do something' - to me is a lot more beleivable than Lambert falling out with not one but two - of his coaching staff - who he has got on perfectly fine with for 8 years.

Which obviously means they can never have a falling out, infact divorces don’t exist right?

Which obviously means they can never have a falling out, infact divorces don’t exist right?

Of course it doesn't - Pretty sure they have had squabbles over the years.

I just find the secret football story more plausible.

Yes, if an anonymous person on the internet says it, then it must be true so can be taken as proof. They don't let just anyone have a website after all.

Like everything else, the perspective of the article will suit some, and not others.

It could so easily have been written by one of the more repetitive posters to this thread.

• Like 2

After the initial hope that something was about to change i once again have the sinking feeling that Lerner and Lambert will be here next season.

Even if Lambert manages to relegate us i fear he'll be here, but with the obvious constrains that the wage budget must be reduced even more and that there will be very little money to strenghten the squad.

It's the course of action that requires the least amount of activity from the club and therefore most likely to be the case IMO.

If anonymous rumours nd speculation are your thing 'Admin' at TBAR forum has posted the video to 'Signed, Sealed, Delivered' on the Takeover thread. He is the one who broke the story about Karsa and Culverhouse. Said earlier in the week he would have more info for Thursday.

Their belief (not saying I believe it) is that if we stay up, we get taken over.  

If anonymous rumours nd speculation are your thing 'Admin' at TBAR forum has posted the video to 'Signed, Sealed, Delivered' on the Takeover thread. He is the one who broke the story about Karsa and Culverhouse. Said earlier in the week he would have more info for Thursday.

Their belief (not saying I believe it) is that if we stay up, we get taken over.

I'm clinging all my hope on this rumour.

After the initial hope that something was about to change i once again have the sinking feeling that Lerner and Lambert will be here next season.

Even if Lambert manages to relegate us i fear he'll be here, but with the obvious constrains that the wage budget must be reduced even more and that there will be very little money to strenghten the squad.

It's the course of action that requires the least amount of activity from the club and therefore most likely to be the case IMO.

That admin person on the TBAR forum has posted this video in regards to the takeover

Â