The Randy Lerner thread

CI

Some thought the extreme cost cutting was part of a plan to enable us to go again and be competitive. If it was actually a plan to enable Lerner to sell the club and minimise his losses I wonder how some will then view him?

That doesn't fit this idea that Lerner respects us.

Maybe a new owner who can make us competitive was/is part of Lerner's plan after the cost cutting. I am confident they will be no shortage of prospective buyers interested in acquiring this great club, it will be a case of Lerner weeding out the pretenders. Hopefully at the start of next season, we are under new ownership and heading back in the right direction.

Some thought the extreme cost cutting was part of a plan to enable us to go again and be competitive. If it was actually a plan to enable Lerner to sell the club and minimise his losses I wonder how some will then view him?

Maybe a new owner who can make us competitive was/is part of Lerner's plan after the cost cutting. I am confident they will be no shortage of prospective buyers interested in acquiring this great club, it will be a case of Lerner weeding out the pretenders. Hopefully at the start of next season, we are under new ownership and heading back in the right direction.

Do you really think Lerner will only sell to the buyer with the best intentions for the club?

Do you really think Lerner will only sell to the buyer with the best intentions for the club?

You would like to believe so.  :D

Heard a classic yesterday.....Randy does attend games but in disguise.Doesnt want people to know he is there #avfc

.......shall we have a Big Holte End roar......Randy, Randy, come out, come out, where ever you are.....Probably at the 90th minute to mark the 90 million we have spunked up the wall. 

It would be amazing if he had been turning up with fake a moustache, glasses and fedora. 

and joins in with the "lambert out" chants yesterday, so his cover isn't blown!

Heard a classic yesterday.....Randy does attend games but in disguise.Doesnt want people to know he is there #avfc

.......shall we have a Big Holte End roar......Randy, Randy, come out, come out, where ever you are.....Probably at the 90th minute to mark the 90 million we have spunked up the wall. 

everyone leaves around 80mins when the killer goal goes in

Course he will. Mr Lerner has nothing but respect for the club and fans.

Lerner will sell to whoever comes up with the amount of money he wants. He has shown no interest in considering the best intentions of Aston Villa over the past four seasons with his succession of inept managerial appointments and lack of player investment so why on earth would he suddenly have a prang of conscience and sell to someone who wants to make Villa great again?

it will be a case of Lerner weeding out the pretenders

He has been woefully incapable of doing that at managerial level though, I worry how that will translate to sizing up prospective candidates for ownership (mind you, regardless of who it is, it's not as if the next owner could do much worse at this point).

I read an interesting article a couple of years ago about the comparisons between Hamburg SV and Aston Villa (unfortunately I can't find the piece anymore). It basically said though how Hamburg and Villa had got their strategies completely wrong.. How just like we were spunking money and neglecting our youth system under O'Neill, Hamburg were doing something similar.

The parallels between the clubs seem to exist now - they are still floundering at the wrong end of the Bundesliga (although to be fair they enjoyed a much better season last year than we did).

It is massively apparent that the club is dysfunctional on a lot of levels - we don't appear to have a plan, and even if we did have a plan the club is dreadful at getting the message across. There seems to be permanent confusion around Villa... frustrating for fans, journalists alike.

Aston Villa is currently a rudderless ship, with no sight or sound of the people in charge.

Lerner needs to say something about what is happening with the club and where he wants to take it. His silence has in part created problems for Lambert with the fans as he is the only member of the club in the media spotlight.

Lerner needs to shoulder his portion of the blame too.

Aston Villa is currently a rudderless ship, with no sight or sound of the people in charge.

Lerner needs to say something about what is happening with the club and where he wants to take it. His silence has in part created problems for Lambert with the fans as he is the only member of the club in the media spotlight.

I thought that Faulkner did interviews.

Didn't he do some radio Q & A session recently?

Lambert hasn't really had problems with the fans which, considering the awful performances, is a miracle, because he should have been getting pelters for a long time now.

Lambert hasn't really had problems with the fans which, considering the awful performances, is a miracle, because he should have been getting pelters for a long time now.

The radio Q&A from memory was pure propaganda from the club and there were no 'searching' questions asked of Faulkner - Lerner needs to be heard too IMO.

The radio Q&A from memory was pure propaganda from the club and there were no 'searching' questions asked of Faulkner - Lerner needs to be heard too IMO.

I wasn't seeking a review of the Q&A, I was just using it as an example in reply to the statement that Lambert was the only member of the club in the media spotlight. Clearly he isn't.

The desire for the owner to be heard has been long held by many supporters, but he didn't grab the spotlight when times were supposedly good, so he can hardly be accused of hiding now.

Faulkner and Lambert are his spokespersons, and that is that as far as I can see.

Â