Yacouba Sylla

darrenm

I am looking forward to seeing a midfield trio of Sylla , Delph and Westwood. I think they could provide a good balance.

Delph and Sylla? No thanks!

How about Sylla, Bannan and Westwood.

Played in League wins:

Westwood   6

Bannan       5

Delph          2

Delph is a much better all round footballer than Bannan will ever be.

Hahaha. Sideways/Backwards passer who can't dribble for shit as he has the touch of a baby elephant at times. I love how he is become a revelation for some fans playing "better" than he has and we still lose.

Never rated him and he is not good enough IMO unless we want to be fighting relegation every season.

• Like 1

Not going to be any better than Djemba-Djemba and a total waste of a penny or two from Lerner's piggy bank.

Now that i've got that out of the way it was a nice debut from him with hopefully a lot more to follow. Lambert may have pulled another one out of Lerner's lucky dip bag and again shoving my opinion right down my throat.

Loving it Lambert so keep disappointing me.

Hahaha. Sideways/Backwards passer who can't dribble for shit as he has the touch of a baby elephant at times. I love how he is become a revelation for some fans playing "better" than he has and we still lose.

Never rated him and he is not good enough IMO unless we want to be fighting relegation every season.

Well if you have never rated him then it will be difficult for you to accept anything that is contrary to a deeply embedded opinion .

I think Delph has bags of energy and drive and is decent defensively . I think a 3 of Sylla Delph and Westwood would be stronger than the 3 that started yesterday . I may be wrong but I would like to see it in action .

wow, just wow.

• Like 2

wow, just wow.

Sorry, just basing it on what I've seen of him and as Eilleen Edwards said, "That don't impressa me much"

It's amazing sometimes how one new player can suddenly balance a side out.  Hopefully Sylla is that player for us that stops the oppo steamrolling through the midfield and putting 4 against us, as we've got the forward options to win games if we can keep the goals out.

I am looking forward to seeing a midfield trio of Sylla , Delph and Westwood. I think they could provide a good balance.

Played in League wins:

Westwood   6

Bannan       5

Delph          2

Thanks for including the number of appearances and league position of the opponents faced to provide relative merit of your stats.

Based on Saturdays match this bloke could be a surprise surprise success

You've let the club, the supporters, and yourself down. :P

Now go on - back to the Sun's headline writers office.

Sylla had another good game.

Excellent work taking the ball off the QPR player before we counter-attacked for the equaliser just before half-time. That's almost an assist. Could have fouled the player but was patient and came away with the ball.

On the team sheet for the next match already IMO.

Played in League wins:

Westwood   6

Bannan       5

Delph          2

That should read 5 for Westwood as he only played 20 minutes against Swansea, after the game was won. Same for Delph, his record is only 1 win. We were 3-0 up when he came on as sub against Liverpool, so we actually went a goal behind while he was on the pitch.

I didnt think he has a particularly good game in all fairness. He made some glaring mistakes and gave the ball away too much, and didnt link well with Bannan at all. He'll adapt better in time however.

didnt link well with Bannan at all. 

That is an unfair criticism. Sylla was playing on the right of midfield. Bannan was playing on the left. They wouldn't have had many opportunities to link up, being on the opposite sides of the pitch.

If you look at the stats he came away with a 95% passing accuracy, 3/3 accuracy long balls, and made three tackles.

The only reason he was subbed was 1. Tactics and 2. He was on a yellow card.

Sylla looks very comfortable at this level, which is remarkable considering we've only just plucked him from French Ligue 2 where he was playing in front of one man and a dog (although Clermont Foot is now my favourite French club!).

Edited by Con

I disagree about him being bad today. He was very calm at the ball most of the times, and played it really safe. He is not what we needed today, but I think he handled it well. A little hot headed though, could have easily got a red card if he played the whole match. But I missed delph there today, I cannot fault anyone on that. 

Â