Yacouba Sylla

darrenm

IMO we stayed up despite Lambert's team selection last season. Benteke and Agbonlahor's goals kept us up. Sylla and Bowery playing didn't.

He gave the opposition two red cards .. One for Ramires , The other for Sessengion .. And Surprisingly , The we haven't lost with those two played before (Other than Chelsea at home last season) .. ^^

Anyway none of our midfielder were good yesterday .. And if Lambert would play Sylla .. It's better to tell him not to shoot .. And keep it simple .. lol

Its not terrible. They are good at closing people down but they need to improve on the ball,.

The system and tactics Lambert has the midfield playing it would be difficult for any of them to shine. Though in saying that, IMO Delph and Sylla are goodgood midfielders. The other two are average and that's me being kind

Out of our midfielders he would be one of the first names id have on team sheet. Needs a run of games to get up to speed though

I agree with this. He did well for the side last season and gave the team balance, he needs a run of games.

Out of our midfielders he would be one of the first names id have on team sheet. Needs a run of games to get up to speed though

I agree with this. He did well for the side last season and gave the team balance, he needs a run of games.

Yeah, my recollection is that it took Sylla several games to get up to speed when he joined us last year. I think he can get back to that form with a steady run of starts. I don't remember his passing being this bad last season. Is he just rusty?

It's a shame Lambert didn't go for Gareth Barry in the summer. I don't know if he would have been interested in a return, but he is twice the player compared to all our midfielders and Everton aren't doing too badly. He has finished 6x 90 minutes so far this season, I guess the first games was when he was still at Man City. He would have given us vital experience and leadership skills, as well as some buzz. As for Sylla, I think he should play more. I liked what he did last season (at times), and it's clear that his touch and passing play became better when he was given time to show his best. He looks like Bambi on ice when he is rusty, and that won't help when he is given bits and pieces here and there.

Its not terrible. They are good at closing people down but they need to improve on the ball,. 

Call me a traditionalist, but I expect midfielders to actually have some ability on the ball rather than without it.

Otherwise we may as well sign Mo Farah, bet he could put in a cracking shift.

tbh none of them are that bad individually, but they really do not complement each other at all. 

Call me a traditionalist, but I expect midfielders to actually have some ability on the ball rather than without it.

tbh none of them are that bad individually, but they really do not complement each other at all. 

I think they do compliment each other, but yesterday it was pretty dreadful. I think Sylla compliments Delph and Westwood, as we saw last season. Delph is a lot better than KEA, he is basically our 'Cabaye'. A poor mans version but a version at least.

I'd actually like to see Bacuna given another chance outside of the right back role, whether it be in the middle of the park or out in the wing.

Maybe Bacuna and Delph with Sylla sitting behind them to mop up. Bacuna and Delph are both quick and attack minded, but they can also defend well. Might be worth a shot.

Edited by samjp26

I think they do compliment each other, but yesterday it was pretty dreadful. I think Sylla compliments Delph and Westwood, as we saw last season. Delph is a lot better than KEA, he is basically our 'Cabaye'. A poor mans version but a version at least.

I'd actually like to see Bacuna given another chance outside of the right back role, whether it be in the middle of the park or out in the wing.

Maybe Bacuna and Delph with Sylla sitting behind them to mop up. Bacuna and Delph are both quick and attack minded, but they can also defend well. Might be worth a shot.

Not sure about Bacuna back in midfield. He really was shocking against Liverpool. I mean really really aweful

Not sure about Bacuna back in midfield. He really was shocking against Liverpool. I mean really really aweful

It was Bacuna's full debut and in hindsight perhaps not the best game to throw him in at the deep end.  

We've missed Sylla's energy and his ability to press the opposition so it's a no brainer for me to reunite him with Delph and Westwood and give them a run of games together before judging them.

Â