Yacouba Sylla

darrenm

I think a lot of you are going to be disappointed.

Sylla, for whatever reason, has played very little this season. As far as I can recall, he made a second half appearance in the league cup. I wouldn't expect to see him lining up on Saturday. I think it's more likely that Tonev or Kusak will get a start.

I think a lot of you really didn't see how Sylla player last year.

He is NOT a DM who sits right in front of the back four. He was often deployed as the CM to pressure high up the pitch and cover a lot of ground and I think if he does play, he will be used in a similar manner

He is NOT a DM who sits right in front of the back four. He was often deployed as the CM to pressure high up the pitch and cover a lot of ground and I think if he does play, he will be used in a similar manner

He may not have been deployed as a DM, but he presses well and can actually add huge energy to the side and out of all our midfielders he is the best tackler we have.

I agree that despite all of Karim's good work with the ball, he doesn't have half the penetration Sylla had at the back end of last season, he was winning the ball in our half and driving forward with it, much like Delph. The only down side is that he never seemed to have the confidence to cross a ball or play a positive pass. He also offers Lowton some much needed protection.

I'd be happy to see the trio of him, westy and Delph back against Norwich.

I agree that despite all of Karim's good work with the ball, he doesn't have half the penetration Sylla had at the back end of last season, he was winning the ball in our half and driving forward with it, much like Delph. The only down side is that he never seemed to have the confidence to cross a ball or play a positive pass. He also offers Lowton some much needed protection.

I'd be happy to see the trio of him, westy and Delph back against Norwich.

We could do with another Sylla on the left to protect Luna.

We are in dire need of a proper DM to sit in front of the defence and although it may not be Sylla's natural position, he has shown that he has the raw attributes to succeed in that role. Also he was played as a DM in pre-season so hopefully Lambert agrees.

He was'nt played that way last season, admittedly, but given our defensive frailties have just gotten worse, I can't think of a better player to do a DM role for us. Like I said, his size, pace and tenacity in the tackle would afford the centre backs some extra protection, while when necessary he can move the ball forwards very well.

Â