Yacouba Sylla

darrenm

We miss westwood when he's not there, much like Petrov. Dropping him and leaving KEA in would be catastrophic.

What Westwood offers on the ball is far more than what KEA offers off it.

Why sacrifice our main passer of the ball to keep in somebody who can do the short stuff, but has no killer ball and slows down most of our attacks.

Anyway this is the Sylla thread, not the Westwood or KEA thread so I digress.

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 1

Think he was injured for the Arsenal game, KEA came in and looked good and he has been on the bench ever since. We desperately need him back though. The only player in our squad that can occupy the DM role.

He hasn't missed enough games to make that sort of statement. I think a midfield of Sylla/KEA/Delph could work well.

All energy and workhorses. Just what we need. We need somebody to put their foot on it. KEA proved today that he just isn't that. Their first goal, case in point. And when he does, he kills our attacks.

Which attacks have Westwood contributed to so far this season? KEA was superior to Westwood in the Arsenal, Chelsea and Rotherham games. With a proper DM behind him (Sylla), KEA will be able to contribute more to attacks as we saw at Old Trafford last season.

KEA has slowed attacks down more than just this game. If I were to drop anybody for Sylla it would be KEA, for numerous reasons listed above. Aren't you basing your opinion that Westwood should be dropped on this match too? Westwood has offered  far more in a Villa shirt than KEA has in both their Villa careers.

I'm judging Westwood on all his performances this season in the same way I'm judging KEA on his performances this season. If we play Sylla, then there is no point of playing Westwood as he cannot play in a more advanced role.

Needs to come in for KEA next game.

I would pay him alongside KEA, Westy and Delph and drop Andi when we're next at home. it will allow the fullbacks to get forward and play the crosses in, whilst retaining possession in the middle of the park.

Edited by StanBalaban

Might be a bit narrow though. You don't have permanent wingers in that system so the temptation will just be to play narrow. And remember this was the formation PL tried at the start of last season, which didn't work.

Â