Paul Lambert

Pilchard

Really can't see the "majority" of fans turning on him on the back of one game, especially when most fans support him.

Don't think so either, thanks to the McLeish appointment Lambert gets the longest honeymoon phase in recent history

The irony is that Lambert has heaped more humiliation onto Villa than McLeish ever dreamt of.

• Like 2

Really can't see the "majority" of fans turning on him on the back of one game, especially when most fans support him.

Those fans are dropping off. Practically everyone of the villa fans I know are now questioning Lambert. His support is falling away, and about time too.

If some do turn on Saturday if we lose/draw then it won't be off the back of one game. It will be 15 months of poor results in the main that will have made those people snap.

I fully support Lambert but I can sense that some are becoming very frustrated with how things are going. Trouble is for me is that they would be venting their anger/frustration at the wrong person. As I have said previously though Lambert will become another scapegoat eventually for the failings of the owner.
Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 2

I am one of those that don't see ALL the blame on Lerner

some fans want their cake and eat it....for years HDE was criticised for interfering in team matters signing Collymore as an example.We all knew and said the owner/Chairman was there to supply the funds and the Managers job was to sign his players and build a team.

If Randy Lerner had of interfered with Martin O'Neills transfer dealings he would have been castigated by the fans, plus the fact that we all knew Randy's experience with Football was in its infancy, but Martin O'Neill was an experienced manager that was revered in many quarters.

The scene was almost perfect ....rich/ ish owner and a top class manager....what many of us never legislated for was the amoung of players we bought that simply added no value to the team. the ratio between good buy v bad buys was embarassing.

When any manager buys players in numbers over a period of time that do not improve the team and find that when they do sell, they are losing money ...that scenario has to came to a halt.

Randy was clearly responsible for MON's successors and the money spent ( dead money) for compensation awards.

The problem is with the problems of the past is when are they expected to be no longer a problem? how long do we wait before players of the calibre that is commensurate with Aston Villa Football club going to be bought....one or two is not enough.

Aston Villa are not impervious to bad decision making over many seasons and despite the club being potentially a great club ( certainly history wise) we have to start making good decisions and experience the progress to go with it.

you can't expect fans or manager to be in an perpetual austerity drive, it wears thin.

There are clubs not as big as ours and not got the pulling power that we have ,are out flanking us in the transfer market.

The blame does have to stop and a line drawn, but we do need to know when the club are ready to be serious again about bringing in quality.

It seems RL/PF/ PL get on very well, so its time for a few honest answers to when Paul Lambert is likely to be able to get serious in the transfer Market

However I would ask fans to be careful ....Suarez was bought for a similar fee to Bent and we bought Dunne, when Everton bought Distin who is still playing well for them.

so my point is, some of our player choices have been iffy, that does not appear to be an owner problem, but a manager one.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Those fans are dropping off. Practically everyone of the villa fans I know are now questioning Lambert. His support is falling away, and about time too.

Will you ever be happy?

you can talk forever, but the largest part of a managers success will derive from his success in the transfer market.

He will basically live or die by his transfer market dealings and be judged accordingly.

Will you ever be happy?

Yes, when we start to compete again.

Will you ever be unhappy with what's happening with Villa? Perhaps you're enjoying this car crash of a squad we have?

Will you ever be happy?

Yes, when we start to compete again.

Will you ever be unhappy with what's happening with Villa? Perhaps you're enjoying this car crash of a squad we have?

I'm neither happy or unhappy. I take it game by game. I wasn't happy about yesterday but I'm over it now. Compete for what? What if we never do?

Edited by StefanAVFC

I'm not saying there won't be dissent if we lose, but it's pretty naive to think that suddenly the majority of fans will be on his back.

If we lose our next home game I can see a very large section of fans making their feelings known to Lambert.

I dont think Lambert will sign a new contract, I think he may even go after this season

If he had any shred of decency in him he would have resigned after the Chelsea humiliation last season. He even stayed to humiliate us even further with the Bradford debacle.

What a pathetic, hyperbolic reaction, Why the hell should he resign after a bad result? It was his first season and his main criteria was to significantly slash the wage bill and stay up. We were away and Chelsea are a very good team. I would have proposed that he lacked " any shred of decency", if like Holloway, he had bottled the challenge, resigned and left us up shit creek like O'Neill did. The Bradford result was, of course, terrible but it was still the semi-finals of the league cup. If we had lost to Man City away in the earlier round, no one would have batted an eyelid. It was a cup tie. Upsets happen. Such as when Bradford beat Arsenal.

The irony is that Lambert has heaped more humiliation onto Villa than McLeish ever dreamt of.

Lambert hasn't humiliated Aston Villa. You're humiliating yourself with your ridiculous comments. The football was worse under McLeish and there was absolutely no ray of hope. McLeish played 8 defenders at home against a 10 man Spurs team - that was humiliating.

I think Lambert is the best manager we can attract in our current position. He has a plan, at least. He needs more money to attract better quality players because hardly any of our players are good enough to effectively challenge the top 10. If Randy can't provide that, then Randy needs to go.

• Like 3

David Gill and Alex Ferguson resigned at the same time.

The reference the Media has made to any degree ,is to Ferguson.

Most clubs we all know the Managers and judge them accordingly very rarely to we refer our thoughts to the owners.

This is the worst run of games under Lambert so far. Getting thumped by good teams and being outplayed by bad ones. No goals and shite performances with terrible football. Very few reasons to be positive atm

So we were outplayed by Hull and Norwich? What would you class Everton as? Cause we certainly weren't thumped and they aren't a bad team.

Reactionary nonsense. This is worse than 8-0, 4-0, 3-0? Come on dear.

I dont think Lambert will sign a new contract, I think he may even go after this season

If he had any shred of decency in him he would have resigned after the Chelsea humiliation last season. He even stayed to humiliate us even further with the Bradford debacle.

What a pathetic, hyperbolic reaction, Why the hell should he resign after a bad result? It was his first season and his main criteria was to significantly slash the wage bill and stay up. We were away and Chelsea are a very good team. I would have proposed that he lacked " any shred of decency", if like Holloway, he had bottled the challenge, resigned and left us up shit creek like O'Neill did. The Bradford result was, of course, terrible but it was still the semi-finals of the league cup. If we had lost to Man City away in the earlier round, no one would have batted an eyelid. It was a cup tie. Upsets happen. Such as when Bradford beat Arsenal.

Lambert hasn't humiliated Aston Villa. You're humiliating yourself with your ridiculous comments. The football was worse under McLeish and there was absolutely no ray of hope. McLeish played 8 defenders at home against a 10 man Spurs team - that was humiliating.

I think Lambert is the best manager we can attract in our current position. He has a plan, at least. He needs more money to attract better quality players because hardly any of our players are good enough to effectively challenge the top 10. If Randy can't provide that, then Randy needs to go.

Apathy rules...

This is the worst run of games under Lambert so far. Getting thumped by good teams and being outplayed by bad ones. No goals and shite performances with terrible football. Very few reasons to be positive atm

Worst run of games this season. Absolute madness to say it's the worst run of games under Lambert.

As atrocious as our football is now I still think we've been even worse previously under Lambert.

Says alot really...

Apathy rules...

Nice to see you have intelligently debated his points. More buzzwords and rhetoric. Expected.