Paul Lambert

Pilchard

Always knew he was the right manager, and even when things got tough still supported him..

me too, in the face of some ridiculously impatient demands for his head
  • Like 1

proven to be right choice and those two clowns finally listened to the fans and look what he has achieved, we have so much potential. our future looks exceptional. well done lambo!

its your claret and blue army!

i wonder whats happened to wiz?

Always knew he was the right manager, and even when things got tough still supported him..

To be fair Richard, we were absolutely dire for quite a long period earlier in the season. I'm really pleased Lambert's got it right over the past few months but it certainly didn't seem like he'd get it right when we were getting turned over by every single team we faced back in January.

If Villa had scored as many points as some posters on here are trying to win, then we could have been looking at European Champs League football

I find it difficult to be elated, overjoyed, lauding the "best manager of his generation" in a season where we consistently struggled and flirted (and still not mathematically safe) with relegation. The reality is still that we have a run a not being able to keep a clean sheet in the same way as a teenager finding XHamster. The problems that we had with defending, the ludicrous playing 3 at the back, the record defeats, the losing to 4th division clubs are firmly written in the record books, and for that reason alone then Lambert still has to a jury's out at best.

Granted that things have seriously turned around of late and that is fantastic, the thought of what impact relegation would have had on the club is not worth thinking about. Yes Lambert must take some credit for that and I clap my hands to him and the players for the performances recently. Ironically players who very much have Villa at heart like Gabby are showing that there are some at the club that really care.

Getting back to Lambert though, I wonder how some who have been his biggest supporters but have then been anti-Lerner now feel about the chairman for a) appointing him in the first place and B) not getting rid of him when all of the Xmas debacle was happening and the club was in meltdown? 

Well done in keeping us Lambert, you have played that one get-out-of-jail card you had. Anything remotely like that next season and there will be no such thing

Starting to like him more and more recently, guess it goes hand in hand with winning but there is the sign of progression that has turned me the most. I really like what I see at times, if you exclude most of the things in the first half. The only thing going against us is our defence, we need some new faces there. I will be really excited if we get someone good this summer to fill up those slots. Next season is looking really bright indeed, and I am glad we have Lambert here. He certainly has impressed me this season with his signings, so bring on the next one! :)

Fantastic win. We've really hit form at exactly the right time.

I doubted Lambert earlier on in the season, but he, and the players, deserve a lot of credit for the final 3rd of this season.

If we manage to stay up, I'll certainly be looking forward to next season.

Edited by DCJonah

To be fair Richard, we were absolutely dire for quite a long period earlier in the season. I'm really pleased Lambert's got it right over the past few months but it certainly didn't seem like he'd get it right when we were getting turned over by every single team we faced back in January.
not disputing that we were bad, still not got over the Bradford results myself. However the reactionary mob rule mentality that seemed to pervade some of the comments about lambert at the time exposed the failings of the modern fan for me. The state the club was in due to the dire way learner had run it for the previous three or four years meant that this was never going to be a short term fix but a long term solution . Lambert was and is the best manager for us and I fail to see any other than about 3 or 4 in this league that I would prefer.
  • Like 2

not disputing that we were bad, still not got over the Bradford results myself. However the reactionary mob rule mentality that seemed to pervade some of the comments about lambert at the time exposed the failings of the modern fan for me. The state the club was in due to the dire way learner had run it for the previous three or four years meant that this was never going to be a short term fix but a long term solution . Lambert was and is the best manager for us and I fail to see any other than about 3 or 4 in this league that I would prefer.

Lambert was also contributing to the situation though. He has to take responsibility for the ****-ups over Christmas/new year and thankfully he's righted that in the best way possibly by taking us on his fantastic run over the past couple of months.

I'm glad Lerner kept his head and didn't sack Lambert but at the same time I wouldn't have begrudged him at the time if he did sack him.

If Lerner had sacked him he would have proven me wrong as I didn't think his stewardship of the club could have got worse, by sacking lambert he would have shown that it could. What lambert needs now is backing to continue the great job he has started.

Speak for yourself Mantis - I'd have been furious if he'd been sacked. Patience is a virtue lacking in too many these days.

Patience is a good thing in this case but at the time it looked like we were only heading one way - down.

Away from the sacking debate, I like how Lambert in the last two games now has handled the post match interview - on Monday he made sure that he highlighted Lowton's performance as Benteke obviously would steal the headlines, and today he made sure to mention Westwood straight away before talking about Gabby.

Good stuff.

Getting back to Lambert though, I wonder how some who have been his biggest supporters but have then been anti-Lerner now feel about the chairman for a) appointing him in the first place and  B) not getting rid of him when all of the Xmas debacle was happening and the club was in meltdown? 

Look at QPR and Reading both sacked their managers and got relegated, not many people on here were calling for him to be sacked, they blamed lerner for the lack of backing of lambo.

lambo has move than delivered on a shoe string and youngsters and if lerner had a brain cell he would back lambo to the moon and tie him up as the lambo project you can see has bags and bags of potential

we will only get better, when can you say that under a young villa side? he has made messups but this is a really young side hardly any have played at this level so would take time to adapt but bloody hell look at us. lambo has built a young, and mainly british squad. i for one am bloody proud of that. would rather be that, than newcastle who are full of non english players who dont understand this league as well as the core british

hats off to lambo