Paul Lambert

Pilchard

If Lambert is so good as some are making out then why does Randy refuse to build the squad? Surely if Lambert is that good, then investment is a no brainer because the rewards would be virtually guaranteed?

Or is it that Lerner for all his faults realises that Lambert is actually a pretty poor manager who has not delivered and does not look as though he will?

Brilliant analysis - So in your world Lerner doesn't rate Lambert but rather than sack him, he prefers to not back him financially and let us get relegated - that'll show him

My thoughts on lambert is that basically he was never ready for such a big job, its alright when you've got a squad used to winning in the lower leagues and then they come up and their squad harmony and no fear keeps them up. We haven't had any of that for years, how many pl games have we won since mon left? Can't be more than about 20. His poor signings and stubbornness with the seniors haven't helped and to be honest i just think he is so far out of his depth its untrue and im sure even he has realised it. You can see the the difference in body language.

We seem to have something of an expert on our hands

Please tell us simple folk more about what you are divining from PL's body language

I'll be judging him on his tactics tonight as its a must, must win game. So tonight will be as far as im concerned the best of his ability, would you not agree!!

It goes without saying but I also judged him on his tactics and ability against other relegation fodder such as Wigan and Southampton so at the moment he has scored 0 out of a potential 3 for me. Let's see if he can make it to a grand total of 1.

he failed at livinston, wycombe and colchester. he had a purple patch at norwich like Gregory had at villa. Gregory went on to be utter shite everywhere he went after villa. Lambert will do nothing now. he is appauling, you only have to look at his signing, his man management, his tactics, his substitutions and his press conferences to see that he is utter garbage

What rubbish. He didn't achieve much at Livingston in six months 'cos they were stony broke. He took Wycombe from nowhere to the play-offs in a season with minimal resources and also to LC semi beating two Premier League teams on the way and took Colchester from relegation contenders to a respectable mid-table finish again with tiny resources in less than a year and then won back to back promotion with Norwich followed by a mid-table finish again on a shoestring. In what sense is any of that failure. Bollocks is it

You always post negative comments and seem to relish that so I doubt you will change your mind but six months trying to sort out the biggest mess I've seen at VP does not make you a bad manager

You don't mean gaining promotion from League 1 and the fizzy pop league do you?

In your dreamworld you imagine we should be only interview CL winners for the job do you? You like a lot of others on here have got a warped sense of where we sit on the world of football at the moment

Was he? I thought they had Defoe, Keane and Berbatov at the same time and he was limited to sub appearances mainly.

He didn't get to play too much in 2007/8 and was outscored by Berbatov and Keane but he was lead scorer in 2008/9 with 17 goals in all comps.

He was their top goalscorer.

Are you sure you're not thinking about Jimmy Greaves because Darren Bent "then joined Tottenham Hotspur for a club record fee of £16.5 million. It proved to be a frustrating experience as he found first team opportunities hard to come by and he failed to hit the net with the same regularity, bagging 18 in his two seasons at White Hart Lane" (ESPN)

What rubbish. He didn't achieve much at Livingston in six months 'cos they were stony broke. He took Wycombe from nowhere to the play-offs in a season with minimal resources and also to LC semi beating two Premier League teams on the way and took Colchester from relegation contenders to a respectable mid-table finish again with tiny resources in less than a year and then won back to back promotion with Norwich followed by a mid-table finish again on a shoestring. In what sense is any of that failure. Bollocks is it

You always post negative comments and seem to relish that so I doubt you will change your mind but six months trying to sort out the biggest mess I've seen at VP does not make you a bad manager

actually wycombe were in the playoffs before Lambert arrived. they were the favorites for promotion. he finished 5th bombed in the playoffs and walked out. colchester had just gone down from the championship and were one of the favorites for promotion/playoffs he finished 9th and quit after one game the season after. at livingston he won 2 games in 6 months. every team he has managed has had awful defences. norwich conceded 66 goals last season. Lambert is not a good manager in the slightest

Are you sure you're not thinking about Jimmy Greaves because Darren Bent "then joined Tottenham Hotspur for a club record fee of £16.5 million. It proved to be a frustrating experience as he found first team opportunities hard to come by and he failed to hit the net with the same regularity, bagging 18 in his two seasons at White Hart Lane" (ESPN)

What? Look it up.

actually wycombe were in the playoffs before Lambert arrived. they were the favorites for promotion. he finished 5th bombed in the playoffs and walked out. colchester had just gone down from the championship and were one of the favorites for promotion/playoffs he finished 9th and quit after one game the season after. at livingston he won 2 games in 6 months. every team he has managed has had awful defences. norwich conceded 66 goals last season. Lambert is not a good manager in the slightest

This is just not right but I can't be bothered to argue with you

Suffice to say Lambert's win % over three seasons at Norwich was 49.30% better than David Moyes (for example) has achieved anywhere or well better than MON at any of his five Football League clubs

Decent manager - bad situation

In your dreamworld you imagine we should be only interview CL winners for the job do you? You like a lot of others on here have got a warped sense of where we sit on the world of football at the moment

Did I say that? I don't think so. You are the one spouting achievements. I'm just asking what those achievements are. If you consider his limited success with nobody clubs as achievements maybe the 'Dreamworld' is yours. 

Did I say that? I don't think so. You are the one spouting achievements. I'm just asking what those achievements are. If you consider his limited success with nobody clubs as achievements maybe the 'Dreamworld' is yours. 

Yep you just did :clap: