Paul Lambert

Pilchard

Regardless of what happens this season, I'm not going to be calling for Lamberts head

Even if we go down we'd be best sticking with this manager and rebuilding with him

Hardest job in the PL

I looked back at my first post about Lambert. I saw this CI and then checked to see if you'd changed your pov. Not because I want to make you look foolish or anything, but just to see if this whole sorry saga had got to you as much as it seems to have got to most fans. Just shows how bad things have gone lately when a fan who says he will stick by Lambert no matter what, suddenly proclaims that he now has to go!

I want a manager to be honest with the fans and lambert has not been, no matter what happens now even if we survive by some miracle lambert has lost the fans I'd only get off his back if he came out and said look we haven't much money to spend there's nothing I can do about it I'm gonna try my best with what we have, I'm gonna try stop these goals from set pieces, I'm gonna give warnock a chance over Bennett because he's just not good enough for premier league at moment, I'm gonna make n zogbia take corners as bannan can't cope with them, I'm gonna put Stephen Ireland in instead of Delphi or bannan because no matter how low his form we need experienced heads, I'm gonna bring bent back in and apologise to him he's a natural poacher and his goals along with bentekes might just save us, I'm gonna stop taking our best player off in every game after 60 minutes and I'm gonna give the fans of this great club respect and stop using the sentence everything will be fine in every interview things aren't fine at this club. If lambert came out and did and said all these then I would believe in him again but he won't so I don't

• Like 1

Even if something along those lines would be ideal to hear, do you know how ridiculous that sounds? A manager can`t go all out attack on several players, specifically not naming them. But I do wish he were more honest, and answered the questions as to why things really aren`t improving. Why the **** do we not bring in anyone? And how can he ever say that bringing someone in might be a risk if we were to go down. That is a new low, that is telling me that they see relegation is approaching. Take that with all the mumbling and all the ticks he has when he is interviewed. A fan that is concerned is a understatement, this is a tragedy. We are not some low shit team that just got promoted to the PL, we are one of the big ones ffs. I hate the idea that we have to accept relegation is a high possibility, that we are not willing to invest because that goes against the whole wage issue. Those same excuses will only get you so far. And I fail to see how we can attract anything if we were to go down since if that were to happen then that must mean that a lot of bad scores are heading our way. This is a sinking ship and I bet a bunch of players want out of this if that were to happen. Say goodbye to bent, benteke and **** knows who. Then in the summer, we end up bringing some failures like bowery from league 1-2 and having a piss in the championship. I just don`t see it. The same can be said for set pieces, for the last couple of years this has been a major issue and it happened again against bradford and millwall. This is not good, not good at all. I fail to see what there is to be excited about. Every point we can get from now on is a blessing, and I am hoping it will start with newcastle. 

Same shit every game. This "we go again" mantra just reinforces that.

People are defending him with the argument that his hands are tied but it's not even so much the position we find ourselves in in the league it's the manner in which we're losing games. No fight or passion and we're making the same mistakes every single game.

Please, just go Lambert. He is actually worse than McLeish.

Edited by Mantis

only pointing it out

Paul Lambert refusing to answer local media press questions is really poor . Massive snub to the #avfc fans

he should be gone.

Unless we know what the questions were or are, then we simply cant say that.

I have a strong feeling that he feels he is being hung out to dry with the fans, when being fielded with questions that maybe Faulkner should be answering.

You can see it in his demeanour during interviews, he seems clearly unsettled when asked those questions. Even the answer he gave about his reationship with our absent owner seemed mere lip service.

Incidently, why has Faulkner suddenly become so quiet?

Something stinks and they are hanging out thier manager as the fall guy.

(Not that hes not helping himself)

Big picture guys!

Does anyone know anything more about Lambert ignoring Matt Kendrick's questions at press conference? Few of the other journos talking about it on Twitter.

Seems he blantantly ignored reasonable questions put to him.

Yeah ignored Mat ,journo's from other papers not at all impressed with him.

Defend Lambert after these comment please.........

Why dont we play down the wings at all?

Why no crosses at the baseline?

Why do you play Barry Bannan?

Why have you not tried to play Warnock dispite the issues at left back?

Why arent you honest about what is happening this window?

Could another manager do ANY worse?