Paul Lambert

Pilchard

Where has Mysteryman said this?

I have been one of Lambert's biggest critics but i don't think he's the type to shy away from a press converence no matter the circumstance.

Could be something afoot?

Well if something is 'afoot' it is because he won't get 'the boot' as he is 'a shoe in' for the job. Only some sort of 'heel' with no 'sole' would think otherwise :)

Well if something is 'afoot' it is because he won't get 'the boot' as he is 'a shoe in' for the job. Only some sort of 'heel' with no 'sole' would think otherwise :)

Cobblers!

(Dammit. Not quick enough. ;) )

Edited by Lunarsea

I've got to admit my faith in Lambert's tactical skills took a big hit in 2nd half yesterday. Particularly when you see his hopeless answer when asked about it after the match (from about 1 minute on the interview here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21154881).

He gets asked if we went too narrow 2nd half and he just agrees & talks about it as if it was inevitability because we were chasing the game. As if he had no control over the width we played or choice in the decision to pile on the strikers and remove the only wide player we had on the left. Easy to say after the fact, but me along with everyone else could see we were overcrowded around the edge of their box & needed width when we were chasing the game. Why not put on Carruthers, tell him to hug touchline & run at players - offer Bradford a different kind of threat? Why not order N'Zogbia to stay wide? Bent, Benteke & Agbonlahor were almost competing with each other for headers at times.

The real worry for me is that once they'd scored even he didn't believe we could win - so he just bunged on Bent & Weimann so no-one could accuse him of leaving goalscorers on the bench - and then just hoped it'd somehow magically work.

Don't think Lambert should go, but he's got to start showing some progress on the pitch after this diabolical month. I really hope he is better with the players than how he comes off in interviews.

we certainly need 2 or 3 new faces to lift mood & to be able to take some of the current team out of the firing line. Ones I think are struggling most with confidence right now are Bennett, Bannan, Clark & Lowton - all could do with rest but we don't have the options. Surely loans are a possibility.

probably the worst set of results in villas entire history all in 1 month

clueless tactics play a major part in it

after 5 minutes he should have got word to lowton to go down the line

after 6 minutes he should have got word to bannan to stop taking the corners or free kicks

after 7 minutes he should have got word to gabby and nzog that if one goes inside the other must push out wide

all very basic simple things that all of us could see apart from lambert.

and when he brought on weimann both gabby and nzog should have been ordered to stay out wide, it was like watching school boy stuff, everyone all in a big group hoping a big punt towards the group will end well

shocking but expected im afraid

I've got to admit my faith in Lambert's tactical skills took a big hit in 2nd half yesterday. Particularly when you see his hopeless answer when asked about it after the match (from about 1 minute on the interview here: http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/21154881).

He gets asked if we went too narrow 2nd half and he just agrees & talks about it as if it was inevitability because we were chasing the game. As if he had no control over the width we played or choice in the decision to pile on the strikers and remove the only wide player we had on the left. Easy to say after the fact, but me along with everyone else could see we were overcrowded around the edge of their box & needed width when we were chasing the game. Why not put on Carruthers, tell him to hug touchline & run at players - offer Bradford a different kind of threat? Why not order N'Zogbia to stay wide? Bent, Benteke & Agbonlahor were almost competing with each other for headers at times.

The real worry for me is that once they'd scored even he didn't believe we could win - so he just bunged on Bent & Weimann so no-one could accuse him of leaving goalscorers on the bench - and then just hoped it'd somehow magically work.

Yeah, he brought on Bent for Bannen and I was thinking 'Ok, looks like we will have N'Zogbia and Gabby playing on the wings and Bent + Benteke up front, could be good' but no, all 4 strikers were just milling about in the D getting on top of each other. Then Weimann came on for Bennett, sat in there as well and there was no width at all. Just straight long balls from the center backs lobbed 'into the mixer'.

probably the worst set of results in villas entire history all in 1 month

clueless tactics play a major part in it

after 5 minutes he should have got word to lowton to go down the line

after 6 minutes he should have got word to bannan to stop taking the corners or free kicks

after 7 minutes he should have got word to gabby and nzog that if one goes inside the other must push out wide

all very basic simple things that all of us could see apart from lambert.

and when he brought on weimann both gabby and nzog should have been ordered to stay out wide, it was like watching school boy stuff, everyone all in a big group hoping a big punt towards the group will end well

shocking but expected im afraid

Frightening that the players seem unable to make those basic decisions themselves.

If I was taking shit corners, a team mate wold take over - you dont need to wait for the manager.

Edited by Woodytom

Frightening that the players seem unable to make those basic decisions themselves.

If I was taking shit corners, a team mate wold take over - you dont need to wait for the manager.

Bannan has some billy big bollox attitude taking them, until N'Zogbia told him to piss off for a free kick! :P