Paul Lambert

Pilchard

Well if Lerner is gonna stick with him and provide no funds then we have to get behind him.  Its all or nothing.  We can waste time pelting him but it wont do no good if Lerner will stick with him even if we get relegated.  Lambert seems to be up against it.  Yes he has made plenty of mistakes but it does seem he has been given a ridiculous task.

Haha I remember early on in the year some trying to give lambert credit for Holman. Not anymore I see.

Benteke is a top signing.

Vlaar is no better than what we had.

Lowton looks very average

Bennet looks awful

KEA looks awful

Westwood looks good but has little impact on the team.

Bowery was a pointless signing.

The man signed 3 defenders and created the worst defence in the league and somehow people praise his signings.

2 or 3 more batterings and I believe lambert would walk for damage limitation to his cv. He could then blame the owner for not spending and save his own career which at present is in tatters.

Well that worked out well ... :huh:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/capitalonecup/4759855/Aston-Villa-snubbed-an-offer-to-share-Capital-One-Cup-Wembley-jackpot.html

ASTON VILLA were so confident of beating Bradford they rejected a deal to split any Wembley profits with the League Two side.

Bradford made an informal approach before Tuesday’s Capital One Cup semi-final second leg, asking Villa if they wanted to go 50-50 on the money either side would make from the final.

Getting to Wembley is worth £1million in ticket sales, TV rights and prize money.

But even though Bradford were 3-1 up after the first leg, they recognised they could still go out.

So they suggested the two clubs should agree to £500,000 each irrespective of the outcome of the semi.

Some members of the Villa board were said to be up for the deal but boss Paul Lambert was not interested.

Had the agreement been made it would have been subject to approval by the Football League but it never got to that stage.

When Villa rejected the deal, Bradford then tried to insure against being knocked out. The premium was £250,000 but the League blocked it.

Meanwhile, SunSport can reveal Bradford boss Phil Parkinson has worked his Capital One Cup miracle on a wage of just £52,000 a year.

He gets a bonus of £1,000 a point for every one they get over 52.

Bradford are in talks to renegotiate a new deal and Parky, 45, has turned down the chance to manage Blackpool.

Better strike rate than the man he replaced - who signed four players on big money who Lambert can't get rid of - Nzogbia, Given, Hutton and Warnock! At least a couple of the guys he signed can be sold on for a profit now when was the last time that happened?

John, you also have to remember the wage situation. It would be interesting to know the total weekly wages for his signings compared to the four players I've mentioned - think you'll find the combined total of the players he signed in the summer is less than half of what they four or one - that is also a factor!

mcleish did not sign warnock

Detect Lambert more inclined than ever to stick to his guns\policy post successful USA trip , with CEO Faulkner, to see #AVFC owner Lerner

Both Lambert's camp & #AVFC tell me Lambert, Faulkner & Lerner all getting on well with same vision so a sacking not on cards

Looks like he's here for the season. Let's get behind him.

Better strike rate than the man he replaced - who signed four players on big money who Lambert can't get rid of - Nzogbia, Given, Hutton and Warnock! At least a couple of the guys he signed can be sold on for a profit now when was the last time that happened?

John, you also have to remember the wage situation. It would be interesting to know the total weekly wages for his signings compared to the four players I've mentioned - think you'll find the combined total of the players he signed in the summer is less than half of what they four or one - that is also a factor!

What a flawed argument you make. I appreciate you "claim" to have a certain inner knowledge of a few things happening at the club, the fact that you then wont say what this is fills me an image of Walter Mitty - apologies for that, but VT has a history of people claiming to be ITK but are nothing more than sad people looking for adulation. In respect to your argument you are doing nothing more than deflecting any questioning of Lambert on to certain players and the basis of your argument is the wages that they earn? If you do have a contact within the club then ask them about what people stated re DOL in his time here and how things were never his fault, that certainly seems to be the basis of what you are claiming here re Lambert. (Note: Apologies if that all sounds rude, but you have to realise what VT has suffered with previously)

You mention Warnock and Hutton. Is this something that we should be questioning Lambert on.  Possibly the worst defence Villa have had in recent times in respect to number and way we concede goals, and Lambert seemingly dumps two experienced defenders just to "prove a point". I am not saying that either are world beaters but they do have that experience and at times this side has been lacking that in bucket loads. If you look at Twitter - not always a good reliable source of info (and I disagree re your comments re Kendrick by the way) - and you see comments made by Warnock's wife that he wanted / wants to play then surely considering the issues we face now you would at least have him training with the first team squad rather than with the kids?

I appreciate that you may well know PL, great, but as a Villa fan of over 40 odd years, I cannot think of many (maybe Billy McBingo) of his predecessors that have shown such a poor record for the role as quickly as he has. I would love it if he turned things around and proved us / me wrong, great stuff I would buy hum a beer and say well done, but to base your justification for him on the wages of a few players holding things back is a flawed and weak one IMO

But do you think we needed a 3rd RB and LB in the squad? Really? I'm not just talking about signing Michu, instead I'm saying look at how far Swansea stretched their transfer budget. You're also guessing on the wages bit so it's all a matter of opinion on this point. I'm sure Westwood and Lowton will prove to be good signings in the future and, as I said, Vlaar and Benteke are good signings. However, I don't think we should have spunked £6.5m on fullbacks and then have no money to bring in a DM. Especially if there is no money left now for players in Jan.

You are right with your hindsight comment though. Still doesn't change the fact that I don't think Lambert spent his limited budget well. No loans? People go on about our thin squad but we spunked 1/3 of our budget on fullbacks when we already had 4 in the squad. Bizarre.

I think that when PL joined us he was told that Warnock and Hutton had to go - either during that summer or during Janauary. I also think that if not sold they were to go out on loan. From what I've heard neither Hutton nor Warnock were complimentary about Villa and were seen as part of a group of players (including Collins) who were a very bad influence on younger players

The other full-backs already at the club were young and unlikely first-teamers. Lowton has looked solid and a good buy. Bennett has had a rough start - I beleive that once he gets some confidence he will be a good player. We saw the good and bad of him against Bradford. At the moment I don't feel he gets enough support in front of him. He might not come good but I think he will

I can't understand though why PL didn't sign a DCM? Maybe the right one wasn't available? Maybe he thought he could work through until January to sign one? I know that PL thought (up until last week)he had the budget to sign 2 or 3

I can understand why he didn't buy wide players as some are asking - because we didn't have a strong enough central midfield to ensure supply. The trend in football currently is to play much more narrowly through midfield. I think PL wants to play this way and is looking for width from the full-backs (and say what you like about Bennett but he looks most effective coming forward (yes I know he has to defend as well)

The problem as someone else here pointed out is that normally a new manager can ease himself into the job with a decent base of players to build from. For Lambert, he has inheirited a complete mess with only youngsters and misfits - he has to be 100% spot on and can't make the smallest mistake - real or imagined. In reality no manager can perfrom like that - look at Wenger with all his experience and he is still making mistakes. Moyes is often held up as a good example of what a manager should be but he has had some very dark days in the past

I'll stick with Lambert for now and reassess in the summer. I still think we will stay up but guess I'm in the minority.

If HH is correct and Lambert does do the presser today then that shows Kendrick for what he is.

We need some proper communication from Lerner or man-child Faulkner. Don't leave your manager and fans hanging out to dry - tell us what is happening

VTID

Well if Lerner is gonna stick with him and provide no funds then we have to get behind him.  Its all or nothing.  We can waste time pelting him but it wont do no good if Lerner will stick with him even if we get relegated.  Lambert seems to be up against it.  Yes he has made plenty of mistakes but it does seem he has been given a ridiculous task.

I agree - what would be the point of protest or boycotts?

Even those who don't rate his management skills must surely see this is a man giving his all! Let's give it a go until the end of the season

Haha I remember early on in the year some trying to give lambert credit for Holman. Not anymore I see.

Benteke is a top signing.

Vlaar is no better than what we had.

Lowton looks very average

Bennet looks awful

KEA looks awful

Westwood looks good but has little impact on the team.

Bowery was a pointless signing.

The man signed 3 defenders and created the worst defence in the league and somehow people praise his signings.

Haha   Keep taking the positive tablets BJ.

I don't think there is a thread on here that you are not moaning about something or someone on

Your comments are harsh and unfair and I can't be arsed to continue to debate individuals with you but I think we got decent value for money, decent resale potential and some of the players you don't rate will grow to become reliable first team regulars.

Some of the board wanted to accept the offer but Lambert said no!!

What utter nonesense - even Lambert's harshest critic can't beleive that. The board is Faulkner, Lerner and Krulak and Lambert can out vote them can he? Maybe he should vote himself some funds for some transfers

What utter utter shit