Paul Lambert

Pilchard

That makes no sense at all - I'm not saying that we are doing well am I? I'm agreeing with you that we are doing poorly, especially recently. My point is that Lambert is not the cause of the problems. He is a very decent manager who is trying to sort out a situation that has been deteriorating for three or four seasons. He is trying to do it on a shoestring and I think he deserves our support

I'm not an ITK but I do know that we approached Sissoko and he was looking for £75k a week - maybe a deal can be done nearer the end of the window, unless Sunderland or someone similar is willing to pay his inflated demands

Villa are in a mess - I think RL has made quite a few mistakes but personally I beleive he is genuine in his intention to sort that out - but not at any price. Some people on here are not sensible or intelligent enough to understand the situation but you strike me as someone who is. I don't view PL as some sort of "special one" or "Messiah" but I do think he is a very very decent manager - if he isn't allowed the patience and support to fix this I really can't see where we turn next

We are all hurting (although I have no patience with other posters who claim the can't face colleagues at work - boohoo, grow a pair) but I implore you to get behind PL. Whether opinion on this forum can change things in any way I don't know but personally I want PL to know that there are fans who understand and support what he is trying to do - I think if you where to do the same it would influence others (I really beleive that)

I was actually referring to your posts in general rather than just over the last few games and there was no real criticism intended, rather quite the opposite really.

If 'Hairyhands' is right and there is a lot of press coverage now substantiating what he is saying then we are indeed in a worse mess than anyone has predicted? I will however wait until the window shuts before making any further comment on his posts as i still find it totally unbelievable that Lambert would leave Norwich for a club in such a state.

That being said if Lambert new the constraints before his expenditure in the summer then he has tried to do far too much within a limited budget. He had Bent with Gabby and Weiman as backup. Rather than trying to completely switch our mode of play and spending 7m on Benteke, could he not have played a system which would have got the best out of what he already had at our club, i.e getting the correct service to Bent for instance by purchasing a decent winger like Snodgrass or someone of the same ilk? Could he not have purchased two midfielders who were availible for not much more than KEA and Westwood cost which would have immediately strengthened our weakness in midfield?

Hutton and Warnock both needed replacing and i don't think there was any argument there but has Lowton or Bennett been an improvement or, are they much an improvement on the two young FBs already at the club?

I also agreed in principle with Lambert dropping Bent to give him the proverbial kick up the back side but i didn't agree with Lambert embarrassing Bent in the way that he did by putting Bowery on the bench instead.

For those reasons and his questionable tactics, i still find it very hard to support the manager at the moment but if by the end of the transfer window he has not received the funding he needs then i will be a little more sympathetic towards him if he is still with us that is?

Edited by Morpheus

45 mins to save his job

over reaction ... no not any more

I'm not far off agreeing with you.

Yes, they're not good enough regardless and he may well be a victim of circumstance, but I'm starting to have massive doubts over whether he's the right man to lift them in these circumstances.

I don't think he is. I'm not seeing any signs to make me believe otherwise.

It'd be a pointless gesture and nothing more. There is no manager that will get this hopeless squad doing much better than it is now.

In which case we go down without a fight.

We need organisation at the very least. I'm not seeing any. We're still playing an open, expansive game and we're not good enough to do so.

I hope I regret these words but, I don't think he has shown enough over the last 6 months to warrant the opportunity.

In which case we go down without a fight.

We need organisation at the very least. I'm not seeing any. We're still playing an open, expansive game and we're not good enough to do so.

I hope I regret these words but, I don't think he has shown enough over the last 6 months to warrant the opportunity.

Don't get me wrong - I'm not shouting Lamberts corner here. He's made daft errors and has far from covered himself in glory, and I've got my doubts if he's really the one for us. I wanted him in the summer, didn't think we'd get him in all honesty, but I always maintained that I'd be happier bringing him in had he proven himself for a second Prem season. Of course we didn't have that option to wait.

The thing is, the team is so shit, so riddled with crap, some of bought by Lambert himself, that I think you could put in Mourinho, Fergie, whoever, and we'd be down. The team is not only completely out of it's depth, it's gutless too - miracles are required to save us. Sacking Lambert I don't think achieves much beyond upheaval, more costs (and we know Lerner is loathe for those) and new false dawn.

Even in the latest pre match press conference he still says 'i have nothing but praise for the players and the effort they are giving', im sorry but how anybody can praise Bennet, Bannan & Delph for their input is beyond me, start giving these underperforming players a bollocking and they might stop believing they are the world class players they think they are and start trying harder!!!

he's praising their effort, he's not saying they're good. there's a massive difference. in fact, saying that he can't fault their effort is essentially saying that they're trying their best but are nowhere near good enough