Paul Lambert

Pilchard

I don't think anyone thinks Lambert is doing a remarkable job, far from it but a few odd decisions apart such as Bannan in midfield against Fellaini I'm struggling to be overly critical of him.

I think Lambert is doing a good job (not quite remarkable but I think that will come). He's had a massive shake up in the squad, started to bring in young hungry players and got them to give 100% for him - results are starting to come but I believe we will see the real results of his ground-up changes in 12-18 months time

Not sure what to make of Lambert at the moment. Our last two performances haven't been good but we've picked up the points. Still have faith in what he is doing, despite the amount of points we have accumulated.

That explains a lot about you. If you have spent years with people doing that I see why you do it all the time on here.

As for it being toss - I can state as a matter of actual fact that in many years of going to football I have never had that conversation.

As I said, people with vastly inferior knowledge of all the factors I stated whineing or whinging that we don't have such and such a player is not debate, it is mindless tedious prattling.

I actually don't talk about transfers 'all the time on here.' Thats factually incorrect for a start and its very naive of you to think that just because your circle of friends don't discuss transfers to their respective teams it follows that others who do must be referred to as 'mindless tedious prattling.' I take it you don't post on VT's transfer thread then?

I am happy with Lambert. 5 points against Arsenal, Reading and QPR (away) with a new manager is a good yield. It goes as I thought a few matches into the season: Will have a tough start of the season, and start climbing and be comfortable mid table in the end of January.

We are on track.

• Like 1

I'm really happy we have lambert at our club and really excited for the future.

I believe given time he will bring in some very good players and have us competing again. It was a fantastic appointment and the future looks bright.

Up the cilla

• Like 1

At the moment I am not 100% sure, The signing of lower league players whilst it looks bad is not really a major risk, in the old days we never had so many foreign players in the league and the Div 1 or premiership was full of British players, was it poor - no we were top of Europe at the time and had to be banned to stop our domination. Now a days where have all the British players gone? they are in the Championship as everybody thinks unless you are foreign then you are no good.

Whilst I will agree there are some poor players who will not make it I can not believe that there are those that wont. We have to trust PL to cherry pick the right ones.

I applaud this decision although I still like everybody have reservations. Yes there are some good foreign players but there is also some dross.

As for having a go at our defense because we have young inexperienced players there, look at other teams and tell me they are better. Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea are all in Europe with the top players yet are there defenses impregnable, recent results show they are not that much better than us. the problem I think is our midfield, This is the area PL and the training staff will be working on, hopefully as we have young players they will learn fast and start improving, whilst we call for older experienced players I wonder if they can adapt to different thinking as well as the kids and if this is the reason PL will not buy them, I do not know the answer to this as I am not at the training ground every day so can only guess.

Although the league position is bad and the performances under par I do believe that PL will get it right and we will start climbing the league, PL says to be patient as it is not a quick fix, we owe him the chance to get it right, I do know that swapping managers without giving them time is not the answer as we have found out in the past, yes it does take time to build a good side how long though do we give him, 12 games, 6 months, a season, or two years, Looking back at our history has there ever been a manager who had a limited squad, little money and has come into a team that are so split who instantly turned it round in the first season without spending big? We owe PL a chance to turn it round without the constant criticism,

As for DB9 i can not say if PL is right as I do not know the facts behind his decision, I dont think though that it can be a little thing as PL needs to do well and is no fool, we have to believe the action he has taken is justified and support him.

• Like 1

At the moment I am not 100% sure, The signing of lower league players whilst it looks bad is not really a major risk, in the old days we never had so many foreign players in the league and the Div 1 or premiership was full of British players, was it poor - no we were top of Europe at the time and had to be banned to stop our domination. Now a days where have all the British players gone? they are in the Championship as everybody thinks unless you are foreign then you are no good.

Whilst I will agree there are some poor players who will not make it I can not believe that there are those that wont. We have to trust PL to cherry pick the right ones.

I applaud this decision although I still like everybody have reservations. Yes there are some good foreign players but there is also some dross.

As for having a go at our defense because we have young inexperienced players there, look at other teams and tell me they are better. Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea are all in Europe with the top players yet are there defenses impregnable, recent results show they are not that much better than us. the problem I think is our midfield, This is the area PL and the training staff will be working on, hopefully as we have young players they will learn fast and start improving, whilst we call for older experienced players I wonder if they can adapt to different thinking as well as the kids and if this is the reason PL will not buy them, I do not know the answer to this as I am not at the training ground every day so can only guess.

Although the league position is bad and the performances under par I do believe that PL will get it right and we will start climbing the league, PL says to be patient as it is not a quick fix, we owe him the chance to get it right, I do know that swapping managers without giving them time is not the answer as we have found out in the past, yes it does take time to build a good side how long though do we give him, 12 games, 6 months, a season, or two years, Looking back at our history has there ever been a manager who had a limited squad, little money and has come into a team that are so split who instantly turned it round in the first season without spending big? We owe PL a chance to turn it round without the constant criticism,

As for DB9 i can not say if PL is right as I do not know the facts behind his decision, I dont think though that it can be a little thing as PL needs to do well and is no fool, we have to believe the action he has taken is justified and support him.

Very good post.

just realised our starting lineup against qpr cost £12.5m in transfer fees... not sure if there was a better place for this to go, but that's staggering

Especially when Benteke cost £7mil ..10 players for £5.5 mil in fee's ..

just realised our starting lineup against qpr cost £12.5m in transfer fees... not sure if there was a better place for this to go, but that's staggering

Pretty sure our starting line up against spurs last season was more expensive than theirs.

Shows the changes happening at the club.

Just hope it's not too much that we pay for it with relegation.

Especially when Benteke cost £7mil ..10 players for £5.5 mil in fee's ..

That also shows the serious lack of quality in the team.

Not really. cost of player(s) doesn't correlate to quality. Our team saturday cost less than the one a year ago, but has more quality. Giggs, Beckham, Nevilles, Scholes, Gerrard, Messi...etc. cost nothing.

I think wages can be a closer correlation than fees ever are. But even then, look at even our own side under MO'N, or QPR's side and wages don't match quality.

That don't make any sense.

Bebe Cost Man United £7m

RvP Cost Arsenal almost £3m

So you're saying the more money you pay the better the quality of player?