Paul Lambert

Pilchard

KEA is suspended for Saturday also so if Herd is injured its bare bones again

If KEA is out then it will give Lambert fewer options to tinker and we might just see a more balanced midfield for a change. KEA won't be missed.

what? he walked out on livingston after a few months of awful results. he was at wycombe amd they were the favorites for promotion, he failed to get an automatic spot then lost in the play off semi and again walked out. colchester were amongst the favorites for a play off spot they finished 9th and he stuck around for 1 game the season after and left for norwich. he failed in his first 3 jobs before norwich

You've completely missed the point. Congrats.

What i meant was if he gets picked up by a bigger/better club, he'll have had to have done a good job here.

Under our new frugal financials. it's safe to say that even if he leaves us abruptly and unceremoniously, we'll be in a better position than when he came here.

Linked to Wes Hoolahan today...

Surelly this is just lazy journalism? 30 years old with 1 Irish cap and 1,5 seasons in top flight football and standing at a whopping 5ft6 is not really what i'd hoped for with our new german superscout.

Yes he did have a good game against us, but let's be honest, who hasn't?

Linked to Wes Hoolahan today...

Surelly this is just lazy journalism? 30 years old with 1 Irish cap and 1,5 seasons in top flight football and standing at a whopping 5ft6 is not really what i'd hoped for with our new german superscout.

Yes he did have a good game against us, but let's be honest, who hasn't?

yeah can't see that happening, and you're right if we bought all the players who had a good game against us we'd have an ever big wage problem than we had at the end of MON's reign...

Correct.

Utter bullshit. Who next Grant Holt?

Its lazy jurno time alright, Wes is contracted to us until the end of the 2014 season.....they forgot our 1 year extention option we have on him!

We're still paying the price for a lot of sins under O'Neill and the naivety that reigned and continued to do so with the witless appointments of Houllier and McLeish.

There was something interesting on TalkSports website which showed we had spent the fourth highest on transfers over the previous six years. There is a poster on H&V who crystalised it quite well by reminding us that O'Neill spent just shy of 25 million buying a back four, only to then spend another 25 million the following season on an entirely new back four. The short-termism and completely wasteful spending such as the above really crippled us.

What was a good time, should have been a great time, but it was all built on sand.

Then followed the chaos. 9th was a miracle.

McLeish a nightmare.

Anybody who expected Lambert, a good manager, to turn this trainwreck around in such a short time is a fantasist. The calls for his head moronic.

Its been a mixture of dross, frustration and some real good stuff. It will get better with every passing window.

• Like 2

Certainly agree Ads. I truly feel like if we stick with the man everything will be alright. As long as we can stay just adrift of the bottom three before Christmas I think the business we do in January can push us on and we can still finish just around mid table comfortably, Some may view that as rather optimistic, but hey, I would rather have that view than constantly whinging about every little bit and bob possible. Just not worth it really.

With that said, the most important thing up until January aside from staying adrift of the relegation zone is how Lambert continues to handle Bent. I really do not think he has been given a fair chance to form a partnership with Benteke. I thought at the beginning of the season he was grafting more than he used to and with Benteke, there was a better chance of Bent to get involved/brought into games. For me, if we rely on Gabby/Benteke, it is just not smart, Gabby has had so many chances, and while he works hard, he has never and probably never will be the goal source we need him to be. All the while, it has been proven consistently in the past Bent can. So I just pray that Lambert realises this and he starts Bent/Benteke together starting tomorrow!

We're still paying the price for a lot of sins under O'Neill and the naivety that reigned and continued to do so with the witless appointments of Houllier and McLeish.

There was something interesting on TalkSports website which showed we had spent the fourth highest on transfers over the previous six years. There is a poster on H&V who crystalised it quite well by reminding us that O'Neill spent just shy of 25 million buying a back four, only to then spend another 25 million the following season on an entirely new back four. The short-termism and completely wasteful spending such as the above really crippled us.

What was a good time, should have been a great time, but it was all built on sand.

Then followed the chaos. 9th was a miracle.

McLeish a nightmare.

Anybody who expected Lambert, a good manager, to turn this trainwreck around in such a short time is a fantasist. The calls for his head moronic.

Its been a mixture of dross, frustration and some real good stuff. It will get better with every passing window.

Certainly agree Ads. I truly feel like if we stick with the man everything will be alright. As long as we can stay just adrift of the bottom three before Christmas I think the business we do in January can push us on and we can still finish just around mid table comfortably, Some may view that as rather optimistic, but hey, I would rather have that view than constantly whinging about every little bit and bob possible. Just not worth it really.

With that said, the most important thing up until January aside from staying adrift of the relegation zone is how Lambert continues to handle Bent. I really do not think he has been given a fair chance to form a partnership with Benteke. I thought at the beginning of the season he was grafting more than he used to and with Benteke, there was a better chance of Bent to get involved/brought into games. For me, if we rely on Gabby/Benteke, it is just not smart, Gabby has had so many chances, and while he works hard, he has never and probably never will be the goal source we need him to be. All the while, it has been proven consistently in the past Bent can. So I just pray that Lambert realises this and he starts Bent/Benteke together starting tomorrow!

Good grief some sense and realism at last. My hat goes off to you both.

Meanwhile, Lambert says Villa must strengthen their squad after earning just six points from their opening nine games - the Birmingham club's worst start in 43 years.

"The squad needs to get bigger. Everyone has to have competition for places," he said.

"[The start] shows you are short in certain areas and you have to improve the squad which we will try to do."