Paul Lambert

Pilchard

Yeah, I suppose what matters is that he's a good stop gap player for us at the moment - we're rebuilding and you can't just buy everyone you need who's good enough at once. And once we've got somebody better in, he'll be a good sub to bring on.

Moyes or Lambert ? Lambert all day every day

Hard to judge, Moyes has kept Everton within the top 8 more 90% if not 100% of the time he's been there with little - no budget.

Lambert has had one premier league season with Norwich albeit a very good one. I get the feeling Lambert will leave as soon as the next big offer comes along, wheras Moyes is dedicated to Everton

- Even though Moyes did not get sacked after finishing 17th, does not mean that Lambert will survive such a shocking result. And it certainly does not mean he will become as good as Moyes. In fact, anticorrelation must be high for finishing low in the table and keeping your job - and doing as well as Moyes within the next years :P For every Moyes and Sir Alex, there are numerous people like Souness, McLeish, Steve Kean, Alan Shearer and Joe Kinnear.

- I have faith in Lambert and I hope he will stay here for many seasons. I think Brett Holman is incredibly limited as a footballer and I have seen many times that he does not know what to do with the ball, it is like he is more comfortable just chasing the ball like a pepped-up dog. Our problem now is tri-fold; a) Our squad is not good enough at all for whatever we want to be, B) Lambert's new players haven't settled in yet and some are very young and c) He has not gotten rid of old dross yet.

Even should we get relegated Lambert should keep his job

Im tired of us being in transitional periods every season we need to build something rome was not built in a day

After the previous 2 shit managers its time to draw the line and stick with Lambert for the forseeable future

If i were Lambert i'd be shouting down Lerner's ear in January for further investment certain players at the club are simply not good enough and should be playing championship football preferably not at Villa next season

I would suggest learning to read would be a good starting point for you on VT.

I have fully addressed the poster's point in the second paragraph of my answer in a way that would stop the debate going around in circles.

Then insulting someone after deriding someone else for doing the same thing. Classic.

The no-budget thing is a bit of a myth - he hasn't spent loads but he's been backed when necessary.

Depends what you mean by "loads" I guess. He has spent around £135m on players since 2002/3. There have been a few lean seasons and of course Everton's net spend is much lower than this, helped a lot by the sales of high value youngsters they have developed, e.g. Rooney £27m, Rodwell £15m.

I would say he's had quite a lot to spend, more than Lambert is ever likely to see.

Depends what you mean by "loads" I guess. He has spent around £135m on players since 2002/3. There have been a few lean seasons and of course Everton's net spend is much lower than this, helped a lot by the sales of high value youngsters they have developed, e.g. Rooney £27m, Rodwell £15m.

I would say he's had quite a lot to spend, more than Lambert is ever likely to see.

Lescott as well went for over £20m. It's why I don't really despair over the sales of Young, Milner and Downing, nor being a 'selling club' as such. All players have their value and we got really good deals for them. The problem has been the calibre of players we brought in for that money as well as so much of the squad's value just being wiped off after being released on free transfers. Personally I don't think Moyes could have done better in the summer window than Lambert did. We have to expect short-term pain before hopefully getting a sharp improvement once the footballing philosophy takes hold and the squad gradually gets sorted out.

I was one of the posters who did question the signing of Holman. I was concerned about his ability on the ball and have seen nothing to suggest that i was wrong about him.

He played very well against Swansea, other than that he just looks like an athlete rather than footballer

He also got something like £25m for Lescott.

Moyes must be some kind of miracle worker in the transfer window :P

He's every owners dream, that's for sure. He got far less than O'Neil did and I wouldn't be surprised if his average net spend is less than Lambert had this summer.

lol ^

Now there's a surprise. A lol from you. :rolleyes:

Didn't Moyes get Everton to the Champions League in 2004-05. O'Neill joined us in 2006 and was given a massive budget. If Moyes had been given the same backing at our club and then our subsequent budgets, i have no doubt we would have qualified by now.

Now there's a surprise. A lol from you. :rolleyes:

Didn't Moyes get Everton to the Champions League in 2004-05. O'Neill joined us in 2006 and was given a massive budget. If Moyes had been given the same backing at our club and then our subsequent budgets, i have no doubt we would have qualified by now.

Its a ridiculous statement - as there is no way you could possibly know whether David Moyes would have got us Champions League Football. You have no clue how it could have turned out. On the other foot, I have no possible way of knowing whether he wouldn't either. Overall its a stupid thing to say. :P

• Like 1