Paul Lambert

Pilchard

If we finish top half this season without another relegation battle then I'll be more than content.

So I guess you'll agree then that your negativity is slightly unwarranted (and perplexing for that matter) at the moment if that's the case, as we are well on course for that after 1/3 of the season.

The table means nothing until May. Lets see where we are by then

Even if we're mid table come the final day, if the football has remained this dire he should get his P45

I don't like paying too watch this kind of crap to be perfectly honest. If so called lesser managers with so called lesser clubs and finance can produce teams that can string a few passes together and have a visible shape about them, then we should be able to to

If we can't then an enquiry needs to be had. Because our home attendances will be in the mid to late 20k's come May if there's no improvement

We have a great platform for success now, if we had this team and this manager whenLerner took over, we would be laughing now.

It is all set up for somebody to come in and give money for quality additions to propel us up the league.

• Like 1

Even if we're mid table come the final day, if the football has remained this dire he should get his P45

:crylaugh:

Yeah I've got to laugh at this. What do you expect for the money available?

(I'm concerned I seem to be agreeing with Zatman more often too, that cannot be right!)

;)

• Like 1

Nonsense

My opinion is that that is a quite reserved response

(I'm concerned I seem to be agreeing with Zatman more often too, that cannot be right!)

;)

you make me sound like Con :( :P

Edited by Zatman

Take Chelsea's flair players away (Mata / Hazard) and you have a very boring team with the creativity of a sloth. In fact even with flair players in they play such shit football sometimes.

Give us a couple of flair players and see the difference and the confidence it brings to the rest of the team.

;)

you make me sound like Con :(  :P

I know you pray to the church of Bannan!!!

• Like 1

The one positive thing (other than the great win obviously) that I have taken from the lack of possession we had on Wednesday evening is that I cannot believe that Lambert conciously decided before the game that we were going to give Southampton 75% of the possession and try to score from 75% of our shots on goal. That's just too risky. There aren't many games when we will score 3 out of our 4 shots on target.

By the law of averages we will lose more games than we will win playing every away game that way.

From what I have seen some of the problems are stemming from the form of some players especially Benteke who last season was holding the ball up a lot better and linking with other players more. This will increase our possession stats. I imagine Lambert knows that we are not going to out pass certain teams with the players we have but we can't afford to give the opposition 77% of the ball every game because there are teams out there that will hurt us badly with that amount of freedom.

i hope he looks to change this in January and bring in some sort of link man/play maker. Randy needs to cough up for this.

• Like 1

If we keep away from trouble this season it's a case of job done no matter how it's achieved. After 3 years of relegation battles we need to show improvement and I've said 50 points should be our aim and we are bang on course for that.

;)

you make me sound like Con :(:P

His evil cousin, Conman.

I guess it just shows how much we've progressed that the discussion has shifted from results to style of play. I have to wonder though, if we start to play better and continue getting decent results, what will the focus be on then?

Why there have to be a focus on anything else?  There are to main bits to football.  Results, and style of play.  One of them has improved this season, the other hasn't.  If they were both decent, there'd be no complaints.

Been a while since you went to the Lerner thread then, eh?

Are you saying that there's nothing to moan about where Lerner's concerned?!

Not at all.

You mentioned there was nothing to moan about if results and style of play were both good. I simply pointed you at another facet ;)

Ulver..............can you provide examples of manager with "so called lesser clubs and finance" please.

Yes, as we know from Faulkner's own mouth, Lambert has spent 42m so far on shaping/building this side. And a few results aside the football has been absolutely atrocious too watch.

Managers that are getting better football from their players for less IMHO would be

Martinez
Pardew
Pochettino
Laudrup
Clarke

I bet their supporters are enjoying watching their respective sides play football far more than i am that's for certain
  • Like 1

Laudrup has spent 56 million

Pochettino has spent 82 million

Everton have spent 50 million and should be noted that they have had a good plan for a while

Newcastle might have your point but that's about it

• Like 2

Everton have spent 50 million and should be noted that they have had a good plan for a while

All these teams, and there 'style' have been built over seasons and in the case of Swansea, Newcastle and Saints have done some of the building work in the Championship.

• Like 1

Laudrap has spent £56m? Pretty sure it is nowhere near that.