Paul Lambert

Pilchard

i think despite the whole episode with OGS i am delighted we have lambo we are building a team the right and fair way even if it means we wont the league. cant think of a team that has done what lambo has with his small transfer budget

What exactly has he done?

i think despite the whole episode with OGS i am delighted we have lambo we are building a team the right and fair way even if it means we wont the league. cant think of a team that has done what lambo has with his small transfer budget

What exactly has he done?

Watch.

There's always one or two left behind, at least it keeps him (and us) honest.

My one criticism of Lambert is that he still can't get us playing well at home (Sunderland last season excluded). We are a counter attacking team, which isn't as effective at home. Fingers crossed PL has some more signings up his sleeve to help us play through teams at home.

Have to question why he started Bacuna in midfield, it was a decision which effectively reduced us to 10 men. We were much better with Bacuna out of midfield.

Bacuna clearly can't replicate what KEA does for us so why change a system that was working well for us? I can only assume KEA can't handle 3 full games in a week and Sylla is still deemed to be unfit....

nah, closest i get to support a swedish team would be Skövde aik, and i dont really give a shit about them. They are so bad i recon with one months training i could get into their starting eleven and im fat and ive also smoked so much ill cough up my lungs after a 20meter sprint.

villa is the only team ill waste my time on :)

personally im hoping faulkner and lerner realise what they got going here and that a new contract for lambert is in the making. Might be better waiting with it to next summer though, not that i question him but would be silly to take the focus of the footie!

Ok, haha...should we explain this...the badge I have is from the most succesful side in Sweden ever; they are like Man UTd and teh rest are crap...

ifk-logo-4farg-100.JPG

Bloody hell, don't listen to these guys. They are both wrong.

And on topic, didn't see today's game unfortunately but it seems rather obvious that we need something different at home. Or maybe it's just nerves playing in front of the home crowd. Seems like we had a lot of misplaced passes in the first half which cost us. The guys need to toughen up a bit and show the home crowd what they can do. Oh well, onward and upward. 

This isn't a criticism, I'm not trying to stir and I'm not being negative, but what IS the plan? We sign a bunch of youngsters and then what? When do we actually move up to the next level? When the players themselves move up to the next level or when we can afford to invest in the next level?

This isn't a criticism, I'm not trying to stir and I'm not being negative, but what IS the plan? We sign a bunch of youngsters and then what? When do we actually move up to the next level? When the players themselves move up to the next level or when we can afford to invest in the next level?

Silly question. Lambert wants us to grind upwards with a brand new team, laying a foundation for something new. 

Think Paul got it wrong. Came out with a strange formation for the first 30 minutes, responsible for Liverpool's dominance and etc.

Bacuna over a myriad of options was also incredibly puzzling.

• Like 1

Silly question. Lambert wants us to grind upwards with a brand new team, laying a foundation for something new. 

Is it a silly question? What exactly is laying a foundation for something new? Is this THE team that's gonna get us into the top 8/6? Is it a VERY long term goal or are we just stabilising then adding quality?

Got to put it on lambert today.

Strange formation choice to start with and strange decision to drop KEA for Bacuna.

I'm sure fatigue played its part but we lacked really quality today.

I'd have took 3 points from those 3 games before so it's a decent start to the season.

We need to push on when the break is over and show a bit more against teams more at our level.

i dont think it was the formation, i think its the fact that we got a bunch of youngsters. Its all well and good to buy young players with lots of prospective talent, talent we have seen alot of, but what they dont have is the routine, as someone said in the match thread, it looked like we were afraid of liverpool in the first half the nerves seemed to get to them and they did alot of shitty passes and touches that would make rapists seem pleasant. They passed balls into spaces where no one was, straight at the opposition of just **** no where. When they later realised that maybe plop wasnt that dangerous they started playing with more confidence and we looked better.

I dont think liverpool was that much better than us, they didnt create more chances and the only goal they did was down to one persons talent not as a team.

We got a young team, they need a bit more time to gain the composure some of the other teams have, we just need a bit of patience and to be fair im pretty pleased with the performances over the last three games. We are well on our way to become a solid team. Just wait til we play some shit team like stoke and im sure well bash three four goals in whilst keeping the sheet clean.

The formation played its part hence the reason he changed it during the 1st half.

I'm not sure why we went with that approach. Arsenal and Chelsea both have massive attacking threat but we didn't change for them.

My guess is that he wanted to change things up being as we were at home, but it backfired completely hence reverting to our usual formation.