Moussa Sissoko (Toulouse)

samjp26

I think it is a smokescreen

We could put a tentative bid in for Falcao of course he would turn us down but "at least the board tried"

If we sign this guy i will be very surprised and the board will prove me wrong i hope they do

considering Dale Stephens was a "done deal" and names like Dorrans linked i expect us to end up with them instead

Edited by AshVilla

Is there a concrete Dorrans link or just what some bloke on here wrote?

I swear I read that he wants to go back to Scotland. Had a horrible time down here with really bad personal problems, he lost a kid ? (during pregnancy??). I dont think a trip 2 miles down the road offers the fresh start he apparently wants.

Also he isnt the answer to our issues, he was so promising when Baggies went up but he is half the player he used to be. I dont think the reported asking fee is value for money , nor do I want him.

I think its pretty easy Journalism to link him to us, or at least thats what i hope it is.

Funny how people moan about no links to decent players then when we do get linked they just dismiss it as a smokescreen and club propaganda.

it's always happened.

Even when MON was here, any link to anyone remotely good was dismissed as bullshit.

Then as soon as we were linked to Titus Bramble for 10 million it was taken as Gospel.

Sissoko, Sinclair, Lescott, Cahill and Olsen? I can't see us sigining any of them

Olsson is achievable but no idea if he's on PL's radar.

Think Cahill loan would be excellent business, as would Sinclair if we don't have to pay big wage contribution.

Lescott looks unlikely now, and Sissoko...well who knows.

I just think that this link is a bit of bluff, not for the fans, but for the selling club(s!) of our actual targets, almost a threat that we will move on if they dont play ball.

I think the Dempsey 'fee agreed' story on the last day of the last transfer window was a similar scenario to force Genk's hand over Benteke.

All just my opinion of course.

it's always happened.

Even when MON was here, any link to anyone remotely good was dismissed as bullshit.

Then as soon as we were linked to Titus Bramble for 10 million it was taken as Gospel.

And it turns out those people were mostly right. We never signed the Snijders or the Hunerlaars but we did snap up the Zat Knights and the Steve Sidwells :P

Funny how people moan about no links to decent players then when we do get linked they just dismiss it as a smokescreen and club propaganda.

Is it the same people doing both though?

Edited by limvillian

Is it the sane people doing both though?

I'm not sure we've got anyway of telling unless we ask what the voices have told them this week. ;)

Has there ever been an example of a 'smokescreen' in the history of any football club, ever?

No more than a manager has ever swooped for a player clutching his war chest........

Has there ever been an example of a 'smokescreen' in the history of any football club, ever?

Yes Lerner pulled of a very shrewd one 18months ago where the club leaked through twitter that we would be getting Moyes, little did we know Randy was feverishly working on a master plan to bring in the greatest manager that ever lived.

I'm not sure we've got anyway of telling unless we ask what the voices have told them this week. ;)

No more than a manager has ever swooped for a player clutching his war chest........

Hadn't spotted that. :)

Edited by limvillian

EDIT

CALLING GARETHRDR.... that statement in begging for a picture of Lambert swinging Tarzan style clutching a piggybank.....

make it so. Pretty PURLEAZE..... :D

Love the fact people don't think we could get him in.... He's a quality CDM and if we sell the club well and show him the facilities, history and the atmosphere the ground gives off them he may just fall for us!!

Yes I maybe sound silly and delusional.... I'm happy that way thank you ;)