Moussa Sissoko (Toulouse)

samjp26

Toulouse’s French international Moussa Sissoko is among the midfielders Villa are considering as Lambert looks to strengthen in the centre of the park.

The 23-year-old, who is reportedly also interesting Sunderland, could be available for a cut-price fee of around £3 million with the Ligue 1 club keen to avoid losing him for nothing when his contract expires this summer.

Sissoko, who was also on Gerard Houllier’s wish-list before the former boss was taken ill two seasons ago, fits the profile of the type of player Lambert wants to add protection in front of the claret and blues’ shaky defence.

But there is no truth in rumours of Nigel Reo-Coker making a short-term return to Villa now that his temporary deal with Championship club Ipswich has ended.

http://www.birmingha...lambert-1205573 (by Mat Kendrick)

I think we all would agree he is what we need!

Watched a few toulouse games on TV in december. I was surprised how bad Sissoko played in those games, I saw him a couple of years ago and thought he was the best young midfielder in france at that time. On the other side the whole Toulouse team was shocking in those games, Capoue was as bad as Sissoko.

In those games I thought it looked like Sissoko was playing AM and Capoue DM.

He is still much better than what we have. Its just is it worth the wages? I guess he´ll be asking for mega bucks.

Its just is it worth the wages? I guess he´ll be asking for mega bucks.

I know for sure that we have enquired about him - £3.5m fee and £75k a week. Much too much to be sanctioned by RL. Sunderland are appartantly favourites to bite the bullet and sign him

I get confused because of all the different Sissoko's knocking around. If he's the defensive midfielder that we need then we should go for him.

It's a positive that it's an article by Matt Kendrick. I just see it being a bit more likely if he's reporting, as opposed to the usual rubbish scattered around the internet.

I know for sure that we have enquired about him - £3.5m fee and £75k a week. Much too much to be sanctioned by RL. Sunderland are appartantly favourites to bite the bullet and sign him

Have the goal posts moved VillaCas maybe since the Southampton game, badly needed, with Dunne & Warnock off in the summer hopefully Lerner can spare a few quid.

How do you know for sure?

As for the wages, I can't see Lambert paying that much regardless of whether RL gives it to him.

IF we sign this guy, I'd wager it'll be for significantly less wages than that.

Have the goal posts moved VillaCas maybe since the Southampton game, badly needed, with Dunne & Warnock off in the summer hopefully Lerner can spare a few quid.

All I know is that Lambert gave a list of options to RL/PF. A long list of names, ranked in order of PL's preference. PF then works his way down the list until he hits a player who fits our current wage profile. Standard practice

We enquired about Sissoko last week and were told £3.5m and £75k a week. 4 or 5 other clubs supposedly interested. Sunderland supposedly closest to coughing up.

I think the reason why we have not seen any signings yet is that it is a game of bluff between agents and clubs - as clubs get in more trouble (like us) they are likely to pay a bit more, as the transfer window draws to a close, agents are more likely to accept less.

I imagine that we are still negotiating for our top choices and will go for some of the lower ranked targets as/if negotiations stall

The last couple of points are just my guesses but I do know the situation around Sissoko last week was that his fee was acceptable but the wage demands were way over what would be sanctioned

I heard only two to come in and that Lambert asked for at least four but again that was last week - things change as the pressure increases

How do you know for sure?

As for the wages, I can't see Lambert paying that much regardless of whether RL gives it to him.

IF we sign this guy, I'd wager it'll be for significantly less wages than that.

Sorry but I can't say how I know, but I do know that that was the situation last week - I've only ever posted one other ITK (about Heskey which was 100% correct). Rest assured if I was going to make stuff up I'd choose something more interesting than how much Sissoko is asking for wages

I think he will eventually sign for someone for less than £75k a week but it seems that other clubs may be willing to bite before we do

Edited by VillaCas

All I know is that Lambert gave a list of options to RL/PF. A long list of names, ranked in order of PL's preference. PF then works his way down the list until he hits a player who fits our current wage profile. Standard practice

We enquired about Sissoko last week and were told £3.5m and £75k a week. 4 or 5 other clubs supposedly interested. Sunderland supposedly closest to coughing up.

I think the reason why we have not seen any signings yet is that it is a game of bluff between agents and clubs - as clubs get in more trouble (like us) they are likely to pay a bit more, as the transfer window draws to a close, agents are more likely to accept less.

I imagine that we are still negotiating for our top choices and will go for some of the lower ranked targets as/if negotiations stall

The last couple of points are just my guesses but I do know the situation around Sissoko last week was that his fee was acceptable but the wage demands were way over what would be sanctioned

I heard only two to come in and that Lambert asked for at least four but again that was last week - things change as the pressure increases

Yeah that seems plausible, let's hope it's true and that the last months shambles have made Lerner change his mind. Lambert and the squad needs all the help they can get

Tell you what the transfer window is shit , it just gives time for agents and clubs to ramp up fee over a month.Most of action happens in last day so they should just reduce it to a week IMO.

He won't get £75k a week anywhere.

He will drop his wage demands by the end of the window.

Unless QPR want him then he will get 100k :D